Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

x-series active

• 09-08-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just to let it be known x-series is now up and running. The key pad was unlocked in my pocket and when I took it out notice that it had the orb page open telling me to go to my pc n download the software.:rolleyes:
    Got onto customer service to activate the add-on (the link to activate it on the handset doesnt seem to be up and running!!) Will take bout 8hrs to activate the add-on.
    Would suggest that you read up yourself on the packages cause the telecenter team dont have much info on it.
    Gold: €19.99
    Silver: €14.99 (I think)

Will let you know how i get on with it in the next few days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Did you already have mobile Broadband? You can't purchase both together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Ya just checked, orb is working now. Skype still isnt for me. But rang them up today and got someone decent who said they are working on it and it should be all available soon. Obviously true since orb is just now working today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

I cant seem to get orb working. It keeps saying thats its an invalid phone number when I go onto the website.
    When you ring to activate x-series just ask the customer rep to cancel the mobile broadband add-on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

They told me that they could do that but it is better to wait untill the end of the month to swop over as I will end up being billed twice.

Was just onto 3, they said orb wouldnt work till bout mid september. They were misified as to how I installed the pc client, as far as the'y were concerned they hadnt provided a link to the software (its actually on the orb page on planet3) Cause i signed up to gold and they have given me a €5 credit on my account cause it seems sling wont work either. So just be careful what you sign up for
    Also you only have to sign up for a month on x-series, you are not tied into a year long contract.
    Terron: Would get onto 3 and cancel mobile broadband now, you'll still have it until the end of your billing cycle and it means that it deffo end when you want it to. Have a feeling that the billing cycle ends at some random time like 6am on the day in question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I'm thinking of switching from mobile BB unlimited to x-series sliver. Does anyone know what the cap for x-series sliver will be in Ireland? It's 1Gb in the UK but the guy in the 3 store in cork said that (in ireland) it was the same as BB unlimited... 2GBs. Just wondering what everyone else had heard???

gunnerfitzy

I'm thinking of switching from mobile BB unlimited to x-series sliver. Does anyone know what the cap for x-series sliver will be in Ireland? It's 1Gb in the UK but the guy in the 3 store in cork said that (in ireland) it was the same as BB unlimited... 2GBs. Just wondering what everyone else had heard???

gunnerfitzy

It was said to me unlimited(2gb) by customer care, seen as how they havent issued the t&c its impossible to know exactly

Orb IS working. I was using it today on my e65 no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

how is 2gb unlimited? surely unlimited should imply a practically un-limited limit.

The reason I couldn't get orb to work was because they didnt activate x-series on my account properly!! Rags as a matter of interest how did you manage to get you number registered on the orb website? It keeps saying number invalid or tries to put +44 ahead of it

• Advertisement

Heya swampy I cant remember using my number at all to sign up for orb so dont quite follow ya. Maybe i did but i dont remember giving that information anywhere. I Just created an account. Downloaded it on comp and have it running in background and I use login/pass I created. Works fine was browsing all my comps pics at work today testing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I wonder if it is substantially different from the normal ORB which I have been using...? I'm concerned it has a knock-on effect on non-phone Orb use.

Jimmy I would guess that it should be ok but you may have to check out wether r not that the non-3 version of orb falls under the the 3 orb usage(if you know what I mean)
    BTW has any1 got the mobilcast working, i keep getting that Im not authorised to use it

mobilcast was one of the first things that worked for me, nps using it so far.

ok tried mobilcast today and its not working for me anymore, I am getting an error msg about not using 3sim or 3phone. But I am on both counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Hey Rags I too am getting error message, say's to put my sim into a 3 handset (I'm using E65 on 3!!). :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Without wanting to sound stupid; what is mobilcast?

I have tried to Wikipedia it and can find no answers!

mobilcast is a program that will download podcasts on your phone

Advertisement