Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Weekend 11 & 12th Aug Thread

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

DesF wrote:
    So, who tells the refs to make the decisions in favour of the TOP4 side then?

The FA? The Premierleague? The Refs Society?

Do you not think if a ref was shown to favour certain teams ahead of others that he'd be demoted?

Or is it a conspiracy between two or three of the bodies I mentioned above?

Is it in anyone's interest other than the teams themselves to keep the TOP4 as a status quo, because, you know, if another team broke into the TOP4 they'd be hyped just as much as the current TOP4 teams are.

Or is it some kind of conspiracy to keep the 'smallerteams' down? If so, how do you explain Readings position last season?

Come on man, if you're going to make silly assertions like this, you need to back them up.

What do you really think here?

And no, I'm not out to get anyone:)

In every league in the world(Ok im biasing this on Ireland,England and Italy) get more of the decisions than smaller ones.
    Its not a conspiracy I don't even think its intentional just if a ref makes a decision that goes against a top club he will get more criticism from fans,the media etc that one against the small club not the mention massive home support if the "big" club is at home.

I remember a statistic coming out about Man Utd during one season in the 90's when "impartial" refering experts reviewed a seasons worth of decisions Man Utd got 80% of 50/50 deicision now while I dont beleive its that high I do recon the big clubs in each country get at least an uncouncious 60/40 favoritism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Hobart wrote:
    And some people where wondering why I expressed surprise at the departure of Smith.....A totally lame performane by Manu. Ronaldo was terribly poor, as was Giggs, and probably does not deserve his place at this stage of his career.

Reading did what they had setup themselves to do, and frustrated United inside the box. Still, Manu had enough chances to win the game, but just could not, even when Reading did go down to 10 men. A different Ref would have given a yellow card in that instance, no question about it.

Nani was, at times, laughable, and his play was poor at best. Johno had probably the best chance of the game, but showed why his best position is not centre forward. Carrick wasted a lot of ball, and really once Rooney went off, united had zero idea's.

Poor start for them against a Reading team that were not great. They can only improve.

well put,plus i may add that was the worse i`ve seen scholes play for a very long time

Advertisement