Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foulest drink you have consumed?

• 09-08-2007 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭

As a companion to the strongest drink thread, what's the worst liquid masquerading as an alcoholic beverage have you ever had?

For me it has to be Becherovka. I still have nightmares about being caught unawares in a beer hall in Prague by a purveyor of shots and only discovering what the shots were when I'd knocked it back. It's a truly horrible drink, although one barman told us it tasted similar to gin. I can only assume that over-indulgence of the stuff had destroyed his taste buds.

becherovka.jpg

Comments

Green Chartreuse.....tastes like someone got sick in a glass, poured in a load of white pepper, then a load of vodka, drank it and re-puked it back into a bottle. Foul, stomach churning stuff.

I actually like the taste of Becherovka.

Budweiser, Heineken and Mongozo. In that order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Crème de Cassis

they should give that sh!t out at AA meetings to put people off drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Budweiser, Budweiser and Budweiser in that order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Some foul concoction my "mates" bought me on my birthday a couple of years ago. Whiskey, Tia Maria, vodka, couple of other things I can't remember. Pretty foul, drank it in one and promptly got sick under the table...nice one, lads. Luckily it was last orders so wasn't too bothered when the bouncer ejected me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Mouthfull of stale piss I sciudded into a Red Stripe can the night before.

Felt "heavy" next morning when I was clearing up and I decided waste not want not.... Yeeeeecccccch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Got some homemade slivovica in slovakia a few years back. Smuggled it home in a 7up bottle. 80% apparently and tasted horrible, like rust. Roughest ever

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

unicum.jpg
    Unicum, a panic buy duty free present from Budapest. It's Hungarian, allegedly good for your health and made of herbs and the like.

It has the foulest aftertaste in christendom. Don't ever drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Worst ever would have to be Vatsky Vodka. That dirty bitch of a drink tastes like liquid mustard - ****ING DISGUSTING!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bazzy wrote:
    Budweiser, Budweiser and Budweiser in that order

Drinking Bud is like making love in a canoe...

...Fucking close to water

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

LIke that bitch man in the tv advert for budweiser, thats exactly what its aimed at!! A bunch of pussy assed bitch men who scream like bitches and get drunk off one ****in pint. The BGRH brethren would never touch that ****.... I hope :D

PS: I'm drunk, sorry for the rant cuzzins!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

budweiser is absolute vsop piss, how anyone can drink it beggars belief, give me guinness, bass or heino and i will be a happy man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Awful Scut Mk2

Two very strong contenders.

The first, that vile brew common to both Greece and Turkey known as raki. Disgusting stuff.

The second, a bottle of Cape Verde's local ferment known as Grog, which I gather is in some way rum-based, but tasted like a mixture of sewage and diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Guinness in "The Living Room" in Galway late one saturday night. I felt like wandering down to the copshop nearby and reporting them for trying to poison me. They must clean their taps with rat poison or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Vietnamese snake wine. It had a dead cobra in the bottle. I drank the lot and threw the snake at the lads just before the wine made the return journey. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

was at a party with 500 quid worth of free drink, so me and a friend are locked, and theres a small storage box , maybee 5 litres total capacity, so its got 2 bottles of miller in it and most of the ice is melted, so its half filled with water, so me and her we empty the two miller into it, about a quarter naggin of jack daniels, a litre of coke, a can of bavarian, some fat frog, some vodka and a few other bits (rum, bulmers etc)

we drank it through straws, it was sexually wonderful at the time, and we all drank, in the morning we looked at it, there was a brick, a crushed can, burst baloons, gravel and a kitkat wrapper in it, absoloutly sick, and they were definitley there at 5am when we drank it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Green Chartreuse.....tastes like someone got sick in a glass, poured in a load of white pepper, then a load of vodka, drank it and re-puked it back into a bottle. Foul, stomach churning stuff.

Chartreuse is definitely the worst.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It has to be creme do menth(sp?). Absolutely rank sh!t. It tastes like gone off toothpaste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

i had a shot of ralph loren "polo sport" worst 10 mins of my life... ended up in a pool trying to drown myself to get rid of the buring... :mad:

good times...... corfu '99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Robbo wrote:
    unicum.jpg
    Unicum, a panic buy duty free present from Budapest. It's Hungarian, allegedly good for your health and made of herbs and the like.

I actually like it! Unfortunate name though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

i was persuaded to try the Chocolate Stout from the PorterHouse 1 night, horrible stuff! took 1 mouthfull out of it and it turned my stomach... never again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Campari - uck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Eurgh, Budweiser I can't stand no more and I used to drink that all the time years ago! Now, any time I taste it's like stale, gone-off sweat and smells like fresh vomit!!

Nothing like picking up your can at a house party / gathering and taking a sip only to realise someone dumped an ash-tray into it. :mad: Absolutely destroys your night making you feel sick and your mouth stink of ash, manky!

Can't stand Bulmers, the smell and sweet taste makes my stomach turn whenever I'm near it................Duggy's kryptonite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭sioda

Bud followed by that Chocolate stout.

Shot wise Chartreuse alwys reminds me of tea tree oil. But the worst purple after shock the red and the blue mixed pure muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Robbo wrote:
    unicum.jpg

Seconded. Tastes like 98 year old cough medicine, makes you gag, and heave and generally feel like crap all over. There's a reason they've changed the logo now, it's a green bottle with a red cross - the Red Cross symbol on the front should be enough of a warning to anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

a regular can of budweiser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

sioda wrote:
    But the worst purple after shock the red and the blue mixed pure muck

Ah, I quite like that. We used to drink that religiously in my local, it was always a sign that if one of us got a shot then we were staying for the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

ned78 wrote:
    Seconded. Tastes like 98 year old cough medicine, makes you gag, and heave and generally feel like crap all over. There's a reason they've changed the logo now, it's a green bottle with a red cross - the Red Cross symbol on the front should be enough of a warning to anyone!

Thirded, bought a bottle of Unicum when in Prague, and its the foulest brew ever devised by man. The worse 'cocktail' I ever consumed was when playing Chase the Ace. For my loss I had to knock back a mixture of Unicum, Brandy, and creme de menthe. Cue, the worst 10 minutes of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Champagne cider. It's just wrong. Others include the cinammon aftershock, Drank a shot of it once and ran to the bathroom to puke. Homemade ouzo tastes like I'd imagine white spirits do. Heineken's horrible too. That banana beer Mongozo or something that somebody pointed out is fairly vile too - so sweet it's awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Horrible taste but apparently good for you, apparently

1859.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Galway Hooker. Thats the beer btw not the shady ladies who frequent the docks. It is without doubt piss straight from the Devils own cat. I never tasted worse and i have drank some rare concoctions down the years...

Tis my 30 birthday this weekend so no doubt i will be trying a few more!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I'm not massively adventurous with Drink but without Hesitation, Tequila. it was VILE!! i've never Heaved for as long after tasing something in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Kilbeggan whiskey tastes like the urine of a diseased monkey, now that I remember it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Tequila and redbull - (together in the same glass) cant say I would recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Budweiser. Pure sh1te. Chemical alley. I'd sooner drink p1ss. In my early drinking days I went through a (short) phase of drinking pigweiser. My stomach remained fcuked up until late in the following afternoon.

Guinness - if it tastes right it won't let you down. If it tastes wrong you better sleep in the bog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Morlar wrote:
    Tequila and redbull - (together in the same glass) cant say I would recommend it.

Jeez - I dunno - I reckon it'd be good. I'm a big tequila fan.

/makes a mental note to try this concoction in the near future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

A mouthful from a bottle of Heineken I had been carrying around and using as an ashtray for a few hours at a wedding, back in the good old days when smoking went on indoors. I was slightly worse for wear at the time, and more than slightly worse for wear after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Budweiser, Heineken ........ In that order.

Oh no, I missed out my chance to be the first in the thread to diss big name capitalist brewers :( :rolleyes:

Honestly, the word is foul, not what in your opinion was the blandest.

Cant think of a beer tbh id drink almost anything, have had some awful Stella though and it really is my last resort beer. Drank a few poor Prazkyz once at a party, but they were a bit warm so maybe that mattered.

Spirits, Sambuca and Baby Guinness, aint a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have to be Chartreuse, that shít just sickens my hole, comes up just as fast as it went down.bleargh

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Oh no, I missed out my chance to be the first in the thread to diss big name capitalist brewers :( :rolleyes:

Honestly, the word is foul, not what in your opinion was the blandest.

No, you misunderstand me, I do consider these drinks to be foul. It wasn't a cheap shot at the big name capitalist brewers. Mongozo is anything but a big name beer by the way, its just horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Some weird Polish cherry licqueur sh*t. Utterly rank. Had a tiny sip of it and actually spent the next 5 mins gagging, wit my eyes watering a little...

Oddly tho, it went really well with coca-cola. Then it was drinkable. I'm not sure why tho...

Nonetheless, in neat form it is the foullest I've ever consumed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Jerryc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

crosstownk wrote:
    Jeez - I dunno - I reckon it'd be good. I'm a big tequila fan.

/makes a mental note to try this concoction in the near future

I dont drink much but do like tequila on the odd night I go nuts, tequila with 7up is great.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I just remembered a pint of Heineken I had in Toners once years ago. They'd obviously just been cleaning out the pipes but left some of whatever chemicals they use in the system, which found its way into my pint. One sip had me in the jacks for about 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I don't drink Bud, but to me it just tastes like water. Not horrible, just bland. I think these days you have a better chance of getting a good guinness than a good lager.

I had that Becherovka, it's uniquely woeful alright, it's also "good for the digestion" so make sure their's a toilet nearby. I seen a bottle of it behind the counter of either The Waterloo or McSorleys on Baggot Street, if anyone is there and haven't tried it, give it a go!

Worst drink I had was some weird Peruvian Brandy i got. It was around the house for years, no one could drink it, even the hard bástards that called over.

If you want to make someone puke, get a whiskey and tequila in a glass, no mixer or ice, just the two shorts in a tall glass and get your victim to down it in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Bud is a no go for me, but as previously mentioned, the worst for me has to be Chartreuse-the green one.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

framboise-lambic-ale-belgian-beer.jpg

Foul, foul, foul. Murky scum on the top of it, and had me in the bog fairly sharpish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Themainman

San Michlaus beer, 14% totally rank. Any cask ales ye get in English pubs, just taste like warm flat lager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Campari - uck!!

I was going to say some concoction I made one New Year's of guinness topped with cheap champagne that I called Chinness (later learned it was called Black Velvet) but that was before you mentioned Campari.

Had it neat once, never again. It still tastes rank 50:50 with orange juice

• Advertisement
Advertisement