Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foulest drink you have consumed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Galway Hooker. Thats the beer btw not the shady ladies who frequent the docks. It is without doubt piss straight from the Devils own cat. I never tasted worse and i have drank some rare concoctions down the years...

A Galway Hooker is also a type of boat, I'd say the beer is named after the boats b/c are were pretty famous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

OH man do I hate Bulmers and generally cider with a passion, it just sickens my taste buds, and this coming from a guy who can knock back things fairly easliy it amazes me how people like this.

Oh and once had something called funky monkey (the green one) was horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

1huge1, there's a restaurant chain in the US that does gorgeous cider (it brews its own beer and cider), it doesn't have that fermented taste most ciders have, it actually tastes like fresh apple juice, its not fresh apple juice because I got tipsy after my pin.

Has anyone ever tried mead?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

Robbo wrote:
    unicum.jpg
    Unicum, a panic buy duty free present from Budapest. It's Hungarian, allegedly good for your health and made of herbs and the like.

It has the foulest aftertaste in christendom. Don't ever drink it.

Absolutely agree 100%... Myself and one of my friend's try to buy a bottle of the most horrible drink we can find for each other every time we go away (nice friends eh...) and she brought a litre bottle of this to my housewarming party, that was enough to make 60 people wretch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Budweiser and Buckfast.

Foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Gone off Grapa.......tasted strangley of earwax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Holsten wrote:
    Budweiser and Buckfast.

Foul.
    I'd agree on the budweiser front, but I'm fond of the odd bit of buckie.

For me the worst is Malibu on its own. It's syrupy sickly stuff that just makes me want to wretch.

I can manage it mixed though, with coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

My own urine.

I had a few mates staying over one night. Too much to drink and finding myself caught short as the house had only one toilet. I spot a 2-litre empty bottle of Sprite and proceed to relieve myself.

I wake up the next morning, only remembering half of what had happened the previous night and spitting feathers with the thirst.

You can guess the rest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zoemax

For me the worst has got to be Harp. Burns like a vindaloo on the way back up and even hotter when coming out the other end. Has to be closely followed by Aftershocks, tequeila, some other drink (cant remember) and tobasco sauce - tastes ok until the tobasco sauce hits your stomach and starts to burn. Once drank pernod and southern comfort together when in school, just that the smell of either now makes me puke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zoemax

For me the worst has got to be Harp. Burns like a vindaloo on the way back up and even hotter when coming out the other end. Has to be closely followed by Aftershocks, tequeila, some other drink (cant remember) and tobasco sauce - tastes ok until the tobasco sauce hits your stomach and starts to burn. Once drank pernod and southern comfort together when in school, just that the smell of either now makes me puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ansionnachclist

Quint wrote:
    I don't drink Bud, but to me it just tastes like water. Not horrible, just bland. I think these days you have a better chance of getting a good guinness than a good lager.

I agree, too watery and very bland. Not worth drinking if you like the taste of beers.

Bulmers... YES thats right, Bumpers :P.
    Can't stand the stuff. Cidona and Vodka will do :P. Yet to try that. Hmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Bulmers isn't so bad....it's that bulmers light shíte that I can't stand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

http://www.independentdistillers.com.au/ibuilder.aspx?tabid=298

I had this in The Church in London (a piss-up at 12pm on a Sunday in an old thetre frequented mainly by drunk aussies and kiwis). It's an Australian drink and is bourbon and cola, pre-mixed, in a can. I've never tasted anthing so vile. I took a sip (after buying 4 cans of it), ran to the (disgusting) toilets and then threw it all away. The kiwis I was with thought it was hilarious.

Wnen i close my eyes at night I can still taste it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

watna wrote:

I had this in The Church in London (a piss-up at 12pm on a Sunday in an old thetre frequented mainly by drunk aussies and kiwis). It's an Australian drink and is bourbon and cola, pre-mixed, in a can. I've never tasted anthing so vile. I took a sip (after buying 4 cans of it), ran to the (disgusting) toilets and then threw it all away. The kiwis I was with thought it was hilarious.

ha, i like that drink. it's too weak though to drink all night, better off mixing it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Chibuku,

Local hooch in Zimbabwe, made from maize. It comes in 2 litre plastic containers that are shaped like a beer keg - called a "scud"

Looks like watery porridge, tastes like vinigar, completely undrinkable...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Green beer on paddys day. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

i find alcohol doesnt agree with me humors. but the worst is bacardi.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Bacardi is absolutely horrible. i retract my green beer statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭sioda

Long Island iced tea with a shot of aftershock dropped into it instant return journey not good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Hard choice, but it is a three-way tie between these 'fine' beverages:

90% Vol. Absinthe (paint stripper at its finest! :D )
    Kilkenny ale/stout hybrid
    Dunnes Stores Lager (a rather similar taste to that of metal)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

sangria.like drinkin a big tub of splenda!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Something called a "greyhound" that was handed to me while I was in Malta!
    Rank!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Without a doubt.. Chartreuse

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Eichbaum, I think it was 9% or something. Got it in Fine Wines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sign

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakia

The Bulgarian Rakia above was the closest to drinking petrol straight from the pump that I have ever come to in my whole life.
    I was away on erasmus in germany and met some Bulgarians at a party and man can they drink. Their grandparents had made Rakia at home in the bathtub and they had brought it back in a cola bottle. I'm a heavy drinker but I couldnt finish this. I am lucky it didnt make me go blind !

Next would be absinthe. Absinthe is so bad that in Prague I actually bought rounds of it for people I met who I didnt like , ;) lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

+1 for the Campari haters. Utterly utterly vile & evil drink.

I also hate tequila

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

sign wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakia

The Bulgarian Rakia above was the closest to drinking petrol straight from the pump that I have ever come to in my whole life.
    I was away on erasmus in germany and met some Bulgarians at a party and man can they drink. Their grandparents had made Rakia at home in the bathtub and they had brought it back in a cola bottle. I'm a heavy drinker but I couldnt finish this. I am lucky it didnt make me go blind !
    A good rakia is very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Fruili, a strawberry beer from belgium I believe. It's worse than anything I've ever had, even Fosters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

watna wrote:

The church, wayyyyy hayyyyyy, what a spot.

The aussies seem big into these cans of minerals with a bit of spirit thrown in that you can't even taste, seem like baby alcopops to me :confused:

Worst i've had would have to be some red Mexican spirit in my mates gaff there recently, syrupy and the most foul tasting drink i've ever come across. Can't think of the name, we were flaming when he pulled it out and even then no one finished their drink. That or my mates home brew fermenting for 2 weeks in milk bottles sealed with tin foil and rubber bands. Did the job though, no one remembers going home that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Blue label vodka.
    Champagne.
    What that dodgy non-alcholic brew that Guinness made?
    ro1798 wrote:
    i had a shot of ralph loren "polo sport" worst 10 mins of my life... ended up in a pool trying to drown myself to get rid of the buring... :mad:
    That sounds like some pansy aftershave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

sperm...opps :o:o

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Just back off a j1 i drank alot of cr*p but by fair the first of the whole bunch had to be a praire dog fire = Double vodka tabassco sauce. Nearly made me sick my whole mouth throat stomach was just on fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

guinness :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Oilrig wrote:
    Chibuku,

Local hooch in Zimbabwe, made from maize. It comes in 2 litre plastic containers that are shaped like a beer keg - called a "scud"

Looks like watery porridge, tastes like vinigar, completely undrinkable...

Yes, thats called Juba in South Africa

Aquired taste;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 seanspokes

someone asked about mead

a friend of mine decided to try and brew his own mead, bought all the bottles and stoppers and piping n all, had it fermenting for months. finally got round to drinking it, the stuff tasted and smelled like paint stripper. maybe a bottle of paint stripper with a spoonful of honey. it ended up being drank by someone in retaliation to being called a lightweight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

that aniseed stuff..ouzo or whatever it's called. yuk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Robbo wrote:
    unicum.jpg
    Unicum, a panic buy duty free present from Budapest. It's Hungarian, allegedly good for your health and made of herbs and the like.

It has the foulest aftertaste in christendom. Don't ever drink it.

ha ha it's medicinal y'know, I couldnt stop drinking it in some weird homerish way..ie: Take sup-grimace-"jesus thats gank"-pause-take other sup out of morbid curiosity-repeat. Then I left it where the old man could get at it and that was the end of the bottle. (When it comes to free booze, my old man is basically a cross between Uncle Albert from "Only fools and horse" and a gannet)

Now that Hungarian palinka stuff, that is f****ing foul. Other than that, Smithwicks wins hands down. They wring that stuff outta bar cloths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the evil that is Sambuca. That stuff used to almost take the varnish off the bar counter where I used to work. Horrid!
    Once I got a preset of a Kiwi Licquor with actual lumps of kiwi in it! Let's just say I don't talk to that person anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

as already said aftershocks etc. vile
    baby guinnesses and baileys for me, something bout bailys in any combination I cannot stomach.
    Hate knowing ive had red bull the day after, can taste it all day and it makes me feel 100% worse.

Any very high % drinks ive had have aways been ok, ie absenthe and the like cos they seemed to be of a decent quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

lubie76 wrote: »
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned the evil that is Sambuca. That stuff used to almost take the varnish off the bar counter where I used to work. Horrid!
    Once I got a preset of a Kiwi Licquor with actual lumps of kiwi in it! Let's just say I don't talk to that person anymore

Really? I could drink straight sambuca all day long!

Has to be guiness and whiskey for me.. I'v drank gin & curry and even that wasnt as bad as the aformentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Most alcohol, by itself, is foul. Sad but true. Perhaps it would be easier to name some nice ones......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Budweiser, Its simply the best. (Of the worst)

Absolute piss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Budweiser
    Castle
    Heineken

Fat Yank:Brandy/Sambuca in shot glass!
    Horrible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Budweiser, Heineken?? Ya apron-grabbing pansies.

Up to two years back, I thought Mongolian ayrag was the worst. It's fermented horse-milk, fizzy like fresh coke, but with a revolting flavour like really rancid yoghurt with butter oil which sticks to the top of your mouth and takes ages to wipe away with yer tongue. ~2% alcohol and you can't refuse it if offered. Had to drink two bowls of this and saw bits of horsesh1t floating on the top of the ayrag barrel as I was leaving the family's yurt.

Then I tried snake vodka in North Korea with the snake still inside the bottle and realized it can get a whole lot worse. Tastes like formaldehyde with snake-snot. Here's the bottle I tried (the snake was well dead at the time).

snakevodka.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

bronte wrote: »
    that aniseed stuff..ouzo or whatever it's called. yuk!

I go with that. After a particularly nasty episode when I was 14. At a party someone gave me a bottle of that stuff which I didn't give back but finished it to the last drop. Terrible mistake. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

robindch wrote: »
    Then I tried snake vodka in North Korea with the snake still inside the bottle and realized it can get a whole lot worse. Tastes like formaldehyde with snake-snot. Here's the bottle I tried (the snake was well dead at the time).
    I feel your pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Brothers

This foul concoction is now thankfully off the market, but Jebus it was bad.
    A mate of mine in Scotland kept a bottle for his 40th and it tasted even worse than I remembered.
    scotsmac_thumb.jpg

A combination of cheap red wine & the worst Scotch whisky, it was cheap enough to make it the drink of choice for under-agers.

So foul that we used to mix it. Some of you may remember cider used to come in flagons? Well, we'd drink about half the cider then pour the Scotsmac into the flagon to make a real electric soup!

Unbelievably bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Harp Lager was the worst I've tasted, absolutly horrible!

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement