Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foulest drink you have consumed?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Macedonian Rakai,
    Buckfast,
    Tequila.

Foul, Foul, Foul, Foul, one and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

warm cider....dont like cder cold but warm is just undrinkable!

ah had a few nasty concotion that we made up our selves drunkenly at a party!...one had henessy,vodlka,tequila,jagermeister,brandy and basically whatever else was within reach...it didnt end well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

I tried Dr Peppers for the first time Saturday and I have to admt I wasn't impressed, It's pretty vile I don't know how it can be so popular in America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Kazobel wrote: »
    I tried Dr Peppers for the first time Saturday and I have to admt I wasn't impressed, It's pretty vile I don't know how it can be so popular in America
    Of course it's vile. It doesn't have any alcohol. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Hmmmm I'll add some nasty shots:
    Devils Piss
    TGV
    Red or Green Aftershock
    Black Aftershock
    Tequilla
    Sambuca
    Black Rum
    Ouzo
    Pernod
    Most liquers/spirits straight taste bad
    Any Whisky
    Any Cognac
    Most brandy (cherry and apricot are nice)
    Warm cider
    Warm beer
    Red wine
    Dry white wine

Absinthe is ok, as is potcheen, vodka mixed is lovely, as is jager. :D and those fancy yummy shots

smashey wrote: »
    Of course it's vile. It doesn't have any aclohol. :D

Good point, well made :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

On second thoughts ... the pint of Michelob I had just an hour ago was rank.
    So bad, I needed two pints of Sam Adams just to get rid of the taste. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 amazingdab987

i had some utreacht, or some **** like that, 50 cent a can is a true indicator of its quality!

Oh Yeah, forgot to add Saki to my list. No wonder the Japs do Hari-Kari.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Oh Yeah, forgot to add Saki to my list. No wonder the Japs do Hari-Kari.
    Saki, when properly heated and served out of those little egg-cup things that force you to sip it, shouldn't really taste of anything.

...or did you do the typically Irish thing of fecking it neat into a big glass and then gulping it down?

• Advertisement

I tried to sip Saki, it was bad, so I shot it back instead. That may have been a mistake.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Had a horrible drink called a Blue Sky once. As far as I remember it was 1 part blue Curacao to 5 parts milk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Thaedydal wrote: »

I have to second this, disgusting stuff no matter what you mix with it.

Saki, when properly heated and served out of those little egg-cup things that force you to sip it, shouldn't really taste of anything.

...or did you do the typically Irish thing of fecking it neat into a big glass and then gulping it down?

Nope, Drank it in a Chinese Restaurant out of a small egg-cup thing, but it wasn't warm, maybe that is the difference. Don't intend finding out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Some concoction a "mate" bought for me years ago, some of the ingredients were WKD, Smithwicks, Red Bull, Vodka, Southern Comfort, Tequila, Lucozade, and a Guiness head. He called it Fanny Passion and said it cost €32 for the two pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

The slop they were selling in stadiums at the RWC in France, we couldn't decide whether it was alcohol free (unforgivable) or not, didn't matter, tasted so bad it was undrinkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Two words - Dutch Gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Some weird Polish cherry licqueur sh*t. Utterly rank. Had a tiny sip of it and actually spent the next 5 mins gagging, wit my eyes watering a little...

Oddly tho, it went really well with coca-cola. Then it was drinkable. I'm not sure why tho...

Nonetheless, in neat form it is the foullest I've ever consumed.
    tasted nice with coke, because then you had cherry coke!
    i miss cherry coke...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Wray and Nephew

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    tasted nice with coke, because then you had cherry coke!
    i miss cherry coke...

cherry coke and alcohol == YUM

esp if there are cherries in it

I love cherries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

cherry coke and alcohol == YUM

esp if there are cherries in it

I love cherries
    Kirsch+coke would be something like chery coke me thinks

Yes, yes it would. Hmmm could just get cherry brandy.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hardman26

padi89 wrote: »
    Chartreuse is definitely the worst.

have to agree with ya there bud, absolute vile stuff!!

Never tasted it but think we have a winner :D

queerbeer1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Drank the collective dregs from that steel thing they put your drink on at the bar.
    Earned me the nickname "The Barmat Hero" from the barman.

Couldn't really taste it though, as I was already three sheets to the wind as you might imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Robbo wrote: »
    unicum.jpg
    Unicum, a panic buy duty free present from Budapest. It's Hungarian, allegedly good for your health and made of herbs and the like.

It has the foulest aftertaste in christendom. Don't ever drink it.

have had it at home for the last .... say 6 years.

FOUL!!!

Anytime i have a party always tell the boys to try it the look on their faces ....

PRICELESS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Vogelbeer schnapps, given to me by a student of mine in Austria.

She made me drink a mouthful in front of the whole class. I went to take a swig, and she said "Be careful! It's strong!"

Pah! "I'm Irish!".

1 hefty swig later, my face was burning, my eyes were streaming, my stomach was heaving...

AVOID!

This stuff is strictly for the natives, who can take it. FYI, it's made from mountain ash berries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

jaysus, readin this thread is gas. most of you (not all!) are woosies! How dare any of you list any beer as foul! philistines!

Anywho, id imagine not many of you have drank this stuff as its not as readily available in ireland it seems. I cant describe other than saying, battery acid. Fernet Branca

Its a liquer. Next time you go away to pretty much any other country in the world, order a glass straight. You will understand what i mean by battery acid.

by the way, its a great drink as hair of the dog or for illness.

img10161276665.jpeg

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I tasted that for the first time a couple of months ago. I knew it had a reputation for being an amazing hangover cure, but for use in only the direst emergencies due to its appalling taste. I have to say it didn't live up to its billing, it was nowhere near as bad as I'd been led to believe. Doesn't mean I'd rush out an buy a bottle, but I'd drink it ahead of raki or some of the other poison mntioned in this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement