Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results Night

Options
  • 09-08-2007 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

What are people planning on doing next Wednesday night, after the results, should be a great night.

One of my friends is having a house party, so I could see the whole year showing up. Some people are going for meal, cinema etc and I know there is a few places having special results night. In Cork, i think its Redz and Mangans.

Are most people 18, not me! but I have a good id.

what's the plan, its almost all over!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Well I'm going to get hideously drunk. S'about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

^I like that plan.

Remember kid's: moderation is for sensible people:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Local Chinese restaraunt that's AMAZING, followed by...drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Heading out to Limerick City and then staying at the Clarion Hotel! Can't wait!! Anyone else heading out to Limerick wednesday night drop us a line!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

It's my friend's 19th (results on your birthday, could be a serious dampner...), so we're going in to town. Vague, I know, but me likey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

The mother of all piss-ups. I've also taken the next day off work. Think I'll be pretty dissapointed if I wake up the next morning and remember most of the night. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 reddiva

Can't really do anything :( I'm not 18 and most of my friends are heading out to bars, clubs etc, and theres no way i'll get in. So I'll prob just have to go home or something....:( :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yep ill probably end up out in Limerick too, town is going to be mental!
    There will be so many fights between rugby jocks of each different schools! Should be fun to watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Going out to town with my friends and getting drunk and dancing the night away I guess!! Probably The George or The Dragon? Who knows where the night will take us :p Also took the next day off work ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Naikon wrote:
    Remember kid's: moderation is for sensible people:D

A good quote, can't remember where I heard it : "everything in moderation, especially Moderation"! :)

I'll either end up in town for a belated 19th birthday celebration mixed with general results mayhem, or spend the night drinking by the river. Good times either way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

a friend has a free house so hes having a house party all day, so i dont know where that will end up. My 18th bday is on friday so ill go out thur nyt cos ill be 18 at 12 oclock. the next day will be a complete bender for my bday. the following night will be another great session for d wknd, followed by a day of rest for sunday. top this all of with my debs on the next day ( monday ) :o
    Plus, i live near Tullamore which is where the Fleadh is taking place THAT week:D GOOD TIMES

what a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

No idea what im doing. But it will probably involve friends and alcohol. I jst hope theres enough people on my class who either dont care or did well to have a good evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm sure I'll sort something out on the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

cant wait to get drunk!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

reddiva wrote:
    Can't really do anything :( I'm not 18 and most of my friends are heading out to bars, clubs etc, and theres no way i'll get in. So I'll prob just have to go home or something....:( :(

Cant you just borrow a friends ID if they have to, and just flutter your eyelids at the bouncer??

That's what i do(bar the eye fluttering bit..) ...according to "my" Garda id , i'm 20 ...but then again i'm 17... interesting!

And my bday is on the 17th, so i'll be pissed off if i dont get in on 15th!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

DtotheK wrote:
    ... And my bday is on the 17th, so i'll be pissed off if i dont get in on 15th!!!!!
    You'd have to be one nasty plank to turn you away when your bday is so close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

ethernet wrote:

Riiiiiight... So they should risk their jobs and nasty fines in order to facilitate underage drinking? The 2 days still make a difference. The age is 18, not ALMOST 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

Attol wrote:
    Riiiiiight... So they should risk their jobs and nasty fines in order to facilitate underage drinking?

YES!!!

Well I don't know what my plan is but i'm sure it's somehow going to involve opening my bottel of Absinth!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

ethernet wrote:

isnt it like the bouncer's job to be a plank....? but its leaving cert night! everyone gonna know we're all leaving cert peoples! maybe they'll feel sorry for all the trouble we've gone thru and understand the need to drown our sorrows...? just flutter your eyelashes and show alot of cleavage! (if your a girl....)

fonpokno wrote:
    isnt it like the bouncer's job to be a plank....? but its leaving cert night! everyone gonna know we're all leaving cert peoples! maybe they'll feel sorry for all the trouble we've gone thru and understand the need to drown our sorrows...? just flutter your eyelashes and show alot of cleavage! (if your a girl....)

Sure theyll feel sorry for you underage ones. ¬_¬ The thing is that theyll be extra vigilant probably cause the only ppl out will be ppl between 16-19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

fonpokno wrote:
    everyone gonna know we're all leaving cert peoples!

Which means that every self-respecting club owner will be sure to enforce that all IDs are checked and rightfully so as the potential trouble they can get into (they can be closed down and have their license revoked or face heavy fines) just really isn't worth being lenient and knowingly letting 16 and 17 year olds in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

DtotheK wrote:

And my bday is on the 17th, so i'll be pissed off if i dont get in on 15th!!!!!

I feel your pain, you and I have the same bday and were both gonna be 18 TWO days AFTER the results :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Which means that every self-respecting club owner will be sure to enforce that all IDs are checked and rightfully so as the potential trouble they can get into (they can be closed down and have their license revoked or face heavy fines) just really isn't worth being lenient and knowingly letting 16 and 17 year olds in.

ha true! i'd be a terrible bouncer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

ethernet wrote:
    er, you do know that a bouncer can be sacked for letting in an underager, don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'll be heading to Carnival Results Night with a normal ticket, that 10euro not spent on the VIP ticket will be spent on Burger King afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

For people who aren't 18 yet, TY seems almost worth it now doesn't it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 curlysue18

I plan on sipping on some fine beverages in my house with companions, and heading into town afterwards. not sure where in particular, see how it goes. definitely getting in early tho - i assume most places wil be packed.....

Bouncers are most definitey gonna be more vigilant, thats for sure. so underagers be prepared. be very prepared... :cool:

carlowboy wrote:
    For people who aren't 18 yet, TY seems almost worth it now doesn't it? ;)

At least I didnt have to do TY and am still over 18. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

KarmaCreep wrote:
    YES!!!

i agree!
    I'm pretty confident i'll get in with the id. i just make my hair look like the guy in the picture.. it worked good so far. and if it doesnt work in one place i'll go round to others cause i know ppl going different places.

if all else fails, i go home! at least i can celebrate the 17th knowing that i'll be let in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Do you want me to start?

Advertisement