Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Park Toilet Knocked

Options
  • 09-08-2007 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

I note that the public toilet in the car paek by the DART station was knocked recently. The bizarre thing about this is that the building was given a new coat of paint inside and out and cleaned, about a week before the Council knocked it!

I use the car park. The toilet had generally been closed but was open one day about a week before it was knocked. Would be interesting to know how much was wasted on this pre-demolition refurbishment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

maybe it was pre-demolition paint to stop the dust going everywhere when they knocked it down.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,939 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Marcais wrote:
    I note that the public toilet in the car paek by the DART station was knocked recently. The bizarre thing about this is that the building was given a new coat of paint inside and out and cleaned, about a week before the Council knocked it!

I use the car park. The toilet had generally been closed but was open one day about a week before it was knocked. Would be interesting to know how much was wasted on this pre-demolition refurbishment.

why not contact the council and ask
    are county councils covered by FOI legislation btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 burnaby

County Councils (and most other public bodies) are covered by FOI legislation, but unless the information you want is personal (i.e. it relates to you) you will have to pay a fee when submitting an FOI request.

Guidelines on the FOI legislation are available on the Information Commissioner's website at http://www.oic.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Perhaps there was a debate going on within the council and the paint was applied to sway opinion to keep the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

although it might have been knocked to make more room for the pay and display

• Advertisement
Advertisement