Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Sound engineering courses?

Options
  • 09-08-2007 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of any good sound engineering courses available part time in Dublin. Maybe one or two evenings a week. I'd be looking to work on protools and some of the midi packages (Reason etc) along with learning some of the recording fundamentals in terms of the sound etc.

Do Waltons run these courses and are they any good. Anywhere else you can recommend and any info on price would be great too. Or do FAS run anything part time? Can you even do a FAS course if you are working full time?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
    RR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I remember picking up flyers in Waltons, it sounded good, might do this myself.

Also try puslerecording.com

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭RebelRebel

Just FYI - picked up a flyer in Waltons and they run two courses - one Home Recording Basics and the other Software studio basics. They both cost 210 Euro and run for 5 weeks - with a 2 hour class each week - you also get lab time for 2 hours for 4 weeks.

They look interesting.
    Check out their website www.newschool.ie for more info about them

Cheers,
    RR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Thanks for that, I think I need to the Sofware studio basics. I've been messing about on Sequel for about two months, but I need to learn synthesis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ungratefuldead

I'm doing the Pulse college,

it run the first year saturday from 11 to 5 and the second year monday and wedsnay night........

Is the only certified digi school in ireland so you can take all the pto tools exam from 101 up........

It's also awfully expensive........

i found it very good learn alot of stuff.....

also temple Bar music centre have a great one.....

They run open day or you can call for a visit check their websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sonic Eye

Hey,

We run a sound a city and guilds level 2 course in our studio, www.soniceyemedia.com. The course runs for six months over three days, (wednesday, thursday, friday). We're enrolling now for a course that starts the 17th of September. We also offer some work experience, as the studio is fully functioning, students can sit in on sessions and learn first hand what is to be an engineer. The course is Euro 3500, with additional enrollment and exam fees, which is not too much more dough.

Well you're more than welcome to come and check us out, to see we're not some no good crooks. Good look with it anyway whatever you decide to do.

all the best,

SE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sonic Eye

Hey,

We run a sound a city and guilds level 2 course in our studio, www.soniceyemedia.com. The course runs for six months over three days, (wednesday, thursday, friday). We're enrolling now for a course that starts the 17th of September. We also offer some work experience, as the studio is fully functioning, students can sit in on sessions and learn first hand what is to be an engineer. The course is Euro 3500, with additional enrollment and exam fees, which is not too much more dough.

Well you're more than welcome to come and check us out, to see we're not some no good crooks. Good look with it anyway whatever you decide to do.

all the best,

SE

Advertisement