Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booster packs , where in EA link ?

Options
  • 09-08-2007 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Too late now as I have already formatted , but for the next time ....

In EA downloader , the boosters or patches you downloaded were in the cache folder ( I think ) and you could move that and format , then reinstall EA downloader and move the cache back in and all was hunky dory .

Whats the deal with EA Link ? , there doesn't seem to be a cache folder .

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jonski wrote:
    Too late now as I have already formatted , but for the next time ....

In EA downloader , the boosters or patches you downloaded were in the cache folder ( I think ) and you could move that and format , then reinstall EA downloader and move the cache back in and all was hunky dory .

Whats the deal with EA Link ? , there doesn't seem to be a cache folder .

In my case the default is c:\program data\electronic arts\ea link\cache\random string here.

It may vary on different forms of Windows, but it's around somewhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Jesus jonski, are there any servers running the booster packs anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Spear wrote:
    In my case the default is c:\program data\electronic arts\ea link\cache\random string here.

It may vary on different forms of Windows, but it's around somewhere.

no cache folder in my ea link forum
    Ponster wrote:
    Jesus jonski, are there any servers running the booster packs anymore ?

no idea , tbh I don't even play the game anymore , just installing it again because ....well actually , I have no idea why ..........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jonski wrote:
    no cache folder in my ea link forum

no idea , tbh I don't even play the game anymore , just installing it again because ....well actually , I have no idea why ..........

The folders holding 2142 and NS are called bf2142_na and bf2142_bp1 so try searching for those.

Here's what I have in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Link

Folders
    Components
    Forte
    html
    logs
    themes

• Advertisement

jonski wrote:
    Here's what I have in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Link

Folders
    Components
    Forte
    html
    logs
    themes

Then check under c:\docs and settings\your username\application data

61 Euro servers - 2 active as I type.

302 Special Forces servers - 32 active as I type.

Spear wrote:
    Then check under c:\docs and settings\your username\application data

Nope :(
    Ponster wrote:
    61 Euro servers - 2 active as I type.

302 Special Forces servers - 32 active as I type.

As you type ??? , you type at 7:39 in the morning . get back to bed or get out to work ....now ! :D

Ahhh, hour difference between Ireland and France you know :)

I check the forums I 'mod' before I head of to work each morning... :)

Ok then , I can't believe that there wasn't one of ye here intelligent enough to factor in just how stupid I really am .

Hmm " they must be using Vista , I guess Vista calls it program data instead of Program files in XP " ...thats what I was thinking , never once looking for Program Files .

Of course EA Link creates a folder on the c: drive called \Program Files and sure enough thats where my files are stored .

Sorry for dragging this out people .Being stupid has it's disadvantages .

Thanks again Spear .

Numpty Mc Numpty signing out .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote:
    Hmm " they must be using Vista , I guess Vista calls it program data instead of Program files in XP " ...thats what I was thinking , never once looking for Program Files .

I could have been clearer. On Vista quite a few programs make use of a separate ProgramData folder, in a similar manner as c:docs and setttin\username\local settings or app data. This is in addition to whatever gets dumped in the usual program files folder.

Advertisement