Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone get the new Nile album?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Name of said album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Saurian Meditations on relapse iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Yeah, sorry, it's Saurian Meditations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

And practise scales?

Well, yeah, obsessively. And modes. And of course widdling. But don't forget noodling either, an undervalued aspect of guitar-playing, that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Really geting into this album now, it takes a few months for me to get hooked on death metal and then I can't stop playing it. Superb crunchy riffs. Really heavy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 1-9-7-7

Wow I didn't expect to find a Nile thread on here when I joined.

I don't think it's gonna live up to AOTW, but it's certainly one hell of an album.

Anyone know how to pronounce it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

1-9-7-7 wrote:
    Wow I didn't expect to find a Nile thread on here when I joined.

Why not? :confused:

Well when I was told about this forum I gathered that it was about trad, hurlin' and the weather.

Not really.
    But I didn't think it would have followers of such extreme metal as Nile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

1-9-7-7 wrote:
    Well when I was told about this forum I gathered that it was about trad, hurlin' and the weather.

Not really.
    But I didn't think it would have followers of such extreme metal as Nile.

;)

I think there's a decent metal following in Ireland, and as such, it's well represented here. I think there's been a lot of discussion of extreme metal bands regularly. There's probably even more extreme and underground bands than Nile who have a following on this here board.

;)

I think there's a decent metal following in Ireland, and as such, it's well represented here. I think there's been a lot of discussion of extreme metal bands regularly. There's probably even more extreme and underground bands than Nile who have a following on this here board.

Yeah agreed I also think theres a great following. Even in Tralee where I hail from a great percentage of the place is into metal.
    I think extreme metal is really getting out there as well with bands like Necrophagist getting big.

• Advertisement
Advertisement