Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere cheapish to eat this Saturday night?

Options
  • 09-08-2007 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I'm looking for a nice place to eat with my girlfriend thats cheaper than quay street. Preferably not mexican or chinese.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

See thread on The Charcoal Grill!!!

Seriously, try Monroes for pizza; really, really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

mustard by the cornstore is good, not great and you get more hen you pay fpr i feel,

conlons fish shop up on eglinton is good too,

the pucan down by garveys are good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kashmir is pretty damn tasty and cheap, nice surroundings as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Kashmir is great alright, just by Monroes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

nedward wrote:
    Kashmir is great alright, just by Monroes too.

Nyom I love that place. Just understand that the price is for the meat only, chips/rice/etc. will be extra

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Kashmir can br pricey enough. Try Buon Appetito, a little Italian place. Just turn left at Lynches Castle on Shop St. and its there on the right (forget the name of the street)

Also Home Plate on Mary St, and Couch Potato on Abbeygate St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Thanks everyone. Is McSwiggans any good or the one across from it, Quay View I think...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

m83 wrote:
    Thanks everyone. Is McSwiggans any good or the one across from it, Quay View I think...?
    i found the place across the way better its bove the pub cant remember the name its in irish tough:)

• Advertisement

Barr na Halla?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

I think for a dinner McSwiggans can be kinda expensive, and it's usally packed with tourists.

I second Buon Appetito on Abbeygate Street (Lower?), its in between CP's and Luv It (or SubWay, depending on you shop knowledge of Galway). Lovely atmosphere, big helpings and good value. They also do lovely pints of ice cold coke.... Great for a hangover!

Be prepared to go early, or tobook somewhere, town could be quite busy this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

m83 wrote:

McSwiggans can be well expensive for dinner.You have to pay extra for spuds,extra for carrotts etc.So basically when you order a main course like for example chicken,well thats exactly all you get.

Ive only eaten carvery in the place across the road but it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Buon Appetito it is and then to the theatre with us, the lady won't know herself! Thanks everybody for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Yeah, Buon Appetito is a great wee spot. They do bottles of wine now too. Brought a couple of girls out to dinner to the Kashmir over the years as well, it's a good place for a date (assuming she likes Indian food). But for a casual bite of good food at a reasonable price, you can't go far wrong with Buon Appetito.

Advertisement