Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corporate Finance in commerce, a must or a miss

Options
  • 09-08-2007 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Has any1 done corporate finance? , i hear it is tough going. Is the course really as demanding as i hear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

No i found this very very easy, ended up getting 86

went to a few lectures but the tutor that is available for this (he's external and charges obviously) is class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

what continuous assesments if, any, do u have to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

well if its jimmy o'neill you have, and i assume it is, theres naff all continuous assessment.

he'll give you a couple of exercises to hand, like picking out a share portfolio but he's really flexible, like to some people he just said hand it all in to me before lectures finish.

the course itself is fine and he gives...err...a good lot of hints.

past papers are always a VERY good guide.

I'd advise anyone to do this to get a decent mark, as long as you dont mind very very basic maths

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Some people in my class found it really hard, but you really need to just attend and you should have it down.
    Jimmy O'Neill will give all the questions on the last class before the exam.
    It's a grand course if you're good with numbers, financial concepts, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Like the above posts, it can be reasonably challenging if you're not great mathematically (like me), but between the hints he gives and some of the grind notes knocking about you'll be fine. Most of my friends that did it got a first in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement