Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Megane coupe probs before i sell - Help !!!

Options
  • 09-08-2007 9:41pm

Hi Guys

I need help (again)

Right, the plan is, that I want to get rid of my Megane Coupe (1997) and get an Audi A3 (97-99).

The problem is my Coupe is in a bit of a mess....not really bad but still

1) theres a large crack in the windscreen, its bad enough that I need a whole new one...and I dont have windscreen cover.
    Does anyone know how much one will cost, i've rang a few companies, who all told me i'd have to bring it in, but has anyone had to replace one recently, of a same size car, and if so, how much? Wheres the cheapest (In Dublin pref or rest of Leinster)

2) The back left indicator has a problem, when i indicate, it flashes with the left brake light, when I have headlights on and indicate left its slow, and when i break, with lights on and indicator it doesnt come on at all....Someone mentioned to me it was probably crossed wires or something like that, and that it happens a lot with Renaults....Has this happened to anyone else, if so, how much and where's cheapest?

3) The paint work isnt in the best order...theres a lot of small stone chippings on the front ( a lot ) and the left side has a few scratches etc...like its bad !

4) Needs (at least) 3 new tyres....and fairly badly, I've been quoted 70 each in advance pitstop, but i was hopeing to spend as little as possible, does anyone know anywhere i can get them cheaper !?!

After looking at CBG / Adverts.ie / carzone etc i think i'll get between 2000 and 2300 .... because its the version without the sunroof

My main question is, do you think its actually worth getting all the above sorted before selling, or am I better off just selling as is and getting around 1900 or whatever for it and cutting my losses !

Thanks a mill in advance

Spy!,

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

i have a megane ( thanks karma :o ) and i had the indicator thing a while back , turned out it was grounding off something. i just remounted the indicator housing and changed the bulbs. i'm unsure which one solved the problem , but it got fixed.

Thanks Horgan

Have already tried "fiddling" with the part etc and tighening the wires that are bolted to the car, no joy :(
    Also tried replacing the bulbs, again no joy !!

Thats the least of the problems...as that shouldnt be expensive, typres and windscreen are the problem !

Advertisement