Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New UCD Ice Hockey Club

Options
  • 09-08-2007 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

If anyone is interested in joining a new ice hockey club in UCD please contact us at the details below.

We are currently looking for experienced players to field a team in the new Irish Ice Hockey league. Open to all international students.
    League starts in 6 weeks so contact us ASAP. Goalies required also.

We will also be running learn to play courses from September for beginners to the sport.

ucddemons@gmail.com

http://www.bebo.com/ucddemons

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Hmmm this is something i've always wanted to try but never thought it would happen seeing i live where i do.

I'll be interested in the beginners thing when it starts up. I can ice skate, i played both hockey and roller hockey so would really like to give this a bash. Will keep a look out for it.

All the best getting players for the league!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Hi B-K-DzR,

You would be more than welcome to join up.
    With a bit of luck UCD sport will give us some space at the Sports Expo.

In the meantime, if you know of any experienced players please spread the word. I know a lot of roller hockey guys used to play hockey around Dolphins Barn and Phibsboro back in the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Played in goal on several occasions between 2003/2004-2006/2007 for UCD Mens Hockey Club ? Is there any real comparisons between the two sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Phosphorus

What a great idea:) I used to play with a couple of friends back home during winters (I was not much good at it, but it was great fun ;) ).

Where will you be getting the gear for newcomers? I'd guess that it's kind of hard to find in Ireland, and pretty expensive as well... or are you planning to play just lightly without much gear?

Also where will you be playing? I don't know about any ice rink in Ireland...

Anyway, I'd love to come from time to time, maybe I could help the new people learn skating or whatever... it would be a great fun just to skate again for a while...

Hi Hetfield and Phosphorus,

I have pm'd you both.

Good to hear from you.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 niamhy101

Hey the idea of ice hockey sounds amazing, i've never done ice hockey but i'd love to try the beginners classes! I presume it'll be open to both men and women? Where are you thinking of holding the classes?

niamhy101 wrote:
    Hey the idea of ice hockey sounds amazing, i've never done ice hockey but i'd love to try the beginners classes! I presume it'll be open to both men and women? Where are you thinking of holding the classes?
    Hey Niamh, of course it will be open to both men and women.
    I've seen some great female ice hockey players in my time!
    The training will take place in Dundalk, but times and frequency of training will depend on the level of interest we can get.
    Hopefully we will have a bit of space at the Sports Expo in September and build our numbers there.

Cheers

*Bump*

Running out of time so just a quick bump for any experienced players who are looking to play some hockey starting september.
    Players should be willing to fund their entry as we proboably won't get much funding as a new club :(

Hi Guys,

Quick notice for any experienced ice hockey players with gear.
    We are meeting this wednesday morning. If you wish to play, drop me a pm and I will contact you with meeting details.

Newbies stay tuned...

Kind regards,

Z

Advertisement