Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new skatepark

• 09-08-2007 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Heres some pictures of the new park in waterford I must say the waits been worth we finally have a proper park and im really pleased with it..

Now just to get past the part where it opens and all the little kiddies on there tractors and scooters get bored of it and we can have it to ourselves :)

We have gotten a few hours in the last week or so.. The since put a security guard there lol :mad:

Anyways.. Enjoy

skatepark04.jpg

skatepark021.jpg

skatepark02dd.jpg

skatepark01.jpg

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Lives will be lost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

yea espeically you dont have to wear any helmuts or anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Anyone else think it would make a nice swimming pool?

Minto wrote:

lol thats what my mam said when she brought me down to take the pictures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good. It might keep those skateboarders off the streets.

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Good. It might keep those skateboarders off the streets.

it wont fully just more often than not we will go there id say..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Minto wrote:

Well considering Skateboarding developed in dried out swimming pools that is not really suprising.

Man that looks fairly sweet. I'm just wondering how are the council covering themselves for insurence etc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Looks pretty good.

Well, hopefully it'll keep people away from the Plaza.

Tbh, kids in tractors should kept fairly far away from it. It's a skatepark.

Does anyone know if the park is going to have caretakers a la Stephens Green?

OT: Daz, how's the fisheye working out for you? Canon 2.8 yeah?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Now, stop using the bloody Plaza as your skate park and feck off to the park :D

Looks good to be honest,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Man that looks fairly sweet. I'm just wondering how are the council covering themselves for insurence etc??

Hopefully they'll get everyone to sign waivers so if you kill yourself on it you can't sue the council....which would only cost us all more money :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

dazftw wrote:
    it wont fully just more often than not we will go there id say..

So even with this new skatepark you will still destroy public property. Scum the lot of ye.

Fajitas! wrote:
    OT: Daz, how's the fisheye working out for you? Canon 2.8 yeah?

Yea its really cool theres not much distortion on it though, im guessing that cause its not a full frame! Alot wider than the kit lense and sharper so im happy :)

There were so many kids out in the Tramore skatepark on those big thomas the tank engine scooters and tractors lol
    Cabaal wrote:
    Hopefully they'll get everyone to sign waivers so if you kill yourself on it you can't sue the council....which would only cost us all more money :)

I dont think they are and tbh.. Its not going to be one of the long time skaters who are going to sue its going to be the mothers of little kiddies that sue if anything happens cause they dont realise the danger anyway.. We know what were getting ourselves into in the 1st place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP I'll have to give this a go just for the pain factor of falling :p Now where are my bootskates!

Tis about time something like this was put in anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Any chance of making those images a tad bit smaller so they dont break the width of the thread? A link to them would be excellent, so I can get a proper view. :D Cant comment till I see them properly, but its great to see a new (and hopefully proper) park on Waterford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I'm actually really happy ye guys finally got something !

Well done ! :)

Paddy@CIRL wrote:
    I'm actually really happy ye guys finally got something !

Well done ! :)

Thanks man, Its such a different feeling actually looking at it! Its like nothing irish skaters are use to! Its about time everyone is getting parks now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah I'm delighted too that ye finally got something proper! Good to see that the corporation are keeping with the times! *The GAA heads will be awfully upset though that their precious greens are being taken* :p Just jokin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I sense a good photo op!

Roen wrote:
    I sense a good photo op!

Don't I know it...

:D

Wanna help me give the 24 end of my 24-70 a test run? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Or the 17 end of the 17-40 :D

Bah!

2.8 ftw!

or the 15... of 15....

fisheye ftw! It would be so nice on your 5D Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Auld one

Cabaal wrote:
    Now, stop using the bloody Plaza as your skate park and feck off to the park :D

Looks good to be honest,

What a curmudgen you are! I am ancient and i love to see the kids on the skateboards doing their tricks, on the plaza. They are a lovely bunch.
    Really mannerly and well behaved when you talk to them.
    Its only right that they have a skatepark and its fantastic.
    A credit to Waterford city Council.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    So even with this new skatepark you will still destroy public property. Scum the lot of ye.

Given how many people throw cigarette butts etc on the street.
    Chewing gum on the lovely paths and you are giving out about a few kids skateboarding on the plaza etc. They are hardly doing anyone any harm

Auld one wrote:
    What a curmudgen you are! I am ancient and i love to see the kids on the skateboards doing their tricks, on the plaza. They are a lovely bunch.
    Really mannerly and well behaved when you talk to them.
    Its only right that they have a skatepark and its fantastic.
    A credit to Waterford city Council.

Ohhh lets not start this debate again, it'll only lead to this thread being locked or maybe even deleted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

Have you seen the damage that was done to the seats at the plaza.

navalus wrote:
    Have you seen the damage that was done to the seats at the plaza.
    Have you seen how much it cost Waterford City Council to get rid of the chewing gum on the cobblelock streets. How much it costs to pick up litter and cigarette butts. All I'm saying is that at least they are active, polite and how have somewhere to go, but at least they weren't doing anyone any harm!!!!!

dazftw wrote:
    or the 15... of 15....

fisheye ftw! It would be so nice on your 5D Al

Don't I know it...

Here, I might get onto yourself & Secs (mentioned it to him during Spraoi) about arranging a shoot down there. Roen'll be up for it too I'm sure. Forward on the shots for the official opening etc.

• Advertisement

Yea this has got nothing to do with vandalising property! Please keep it on topic, ive gotten banned from here for people giving out about it and me losing my head! I don't want that happen again!

Looks like the park wont be finished for another while anyway we got another hour down there today and its still got a bit to go! Soon hopefully anyway!

Advertisement