Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Access a WVC54G IP Camera over the Web

Options
  • 09-08-2007 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been given a Linksys WVC54G IP camera on loan from a friend to play with for a while. Eventually, I want to get something similar to enhance my home security.

I have the camera up & running on my w/less network. But how do I access the camera over the web? I am working off a static IP.

Any ideas?

Regards,

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Im not certain but from a quick browse id say you have to access the settings page of the camera and get the port its assigned to, assign the camera a static ip from your router (local ip), setup port forwarding on your router to forward the port in the router settings to the static ip address you set for the camera.. then to access it from the web id imagine you would type [url]http://yourpublicip:cameraport[/url] ..some of thats just guesswork btw,and there is probably access setup,username password etc...

Advertisement