Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

desperado's

Options
  • 10-08-2007 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

i tried this last week at the berlin beer festival, its a tequila flavoured beer, very nice.
    anyone know anywhere that does it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

McHughs on the Killbarrack Rd and Malidhide Rd sell it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Beerkeeper in Dundalk does it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Redmonds in Ranalagh do it too, well they did last time I was in.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Saw it in Super Valu Killiney recently, so maybe try the nearest one to you. Vile, vile stuff though, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Not a fan either. Had it one night in Cologne and it really didn't appeal to me. Some of my friends like it though.

Tequila and beer just shouldn't be mixed in the same drink imo. In the same stomach is grand though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭delboy159

brow_601 wrote:
    i tried this last week at the berlin beer festival, its a tequila flavoured beer, very nice.
    anyone know anywhere that does it?

You are a sick, sick man!

I had disgracefully abundant amounts of that beer in Bordeaux (I think), while at a sporting occasion (I think)... I can't even look at a bottle of it in an off licence without feeling a twinge of "was I really that stupid?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭brow_601

delboy159 wrote:
    You are a sick, sick man!

I had disgracefully abundant amounts of that beer in Bordeaux (I think), while at a sporting occasion (I think)... I can't even look at a bottle of it in an off licence without feeling a twinge of "was I really that stupid?"

i didn't drink too much of it now, considering there were over 1700 beers on offer at the festival, but i really liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

A lot of places in Galway city used to stock it a few years ago. Not sure about now. They used to give it out free going into Bogarts nightclub in Salthill. Had to have a good few beers in me before drinking it.

Where can you get this in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marvinthefish

I'm with the OP...nectar of the gods! :)

Also, I've found that Delaney's off licence on Aungier's street (Linky) always has it.

Finally, it's Desperados. That is, one Desperados, two Desperados's, ten Desperados's:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You can get it in most large off-licences and bars these days (in Dublin at least) due to the scale of promotion that they're investing in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm with the OP...nectar of the gods! :)

Also, I've found that Delaney's off licence on Aungier's street (Linky) always has it.

Finally, it's Desperados. That is, one Desperados, two Desperados's, ten Desperados's:D

Em if you're going to be pedantic, make sure you're correct and know how to use apostrophes correctly.
    Plurals do not have an apostrophe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Em if you're going to be pedantic, make sure you're correct and know how to use apostrophes correctly.
    Plurals do not have an apostrophe!

Ten Desporadai! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Just back from France- they must love it over there, they have loads of flavours of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

kc66 wrote: »
    they must love it over there
    That's where it's made. At the Heineken plant in Marseille, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Tried a bottle of Desperado's last night out of curiosity. I can honestly say it's the worst beer I have tasted since budweiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

brow_601 wrote: »
    i didn't drink too much of it now, considering there were over 1700 beers on offer at the festival, but i really liked it
    In Germany, a choice of 1700 beers, and Desparados, from France, is the one that you want to get more of? :confused: Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

I picked up 2 bottles of this completely by accident. I was looking to pick up 2 bottles of Sol. I didnt even notice until I arrived home. I even put the two bottles in the fridge to chill. Then sat outside on a lovely summers night and thought "mmm these beers are going to go down nice"...

Went to the fridge and opened the bottle, still didnt notice...went back outside, put the legs up and sat back and took a swig off the Desperados..

Holy crap I nearly vomited, it was the most awful thing Ive drank in a while. Looking at the ingredients, you can see it has sugar, syrup and a whle load of other ****...Dont think there actually is any tequila in it..

Terrible stuff though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Desperados is awful ****e but I'll be honest if I was pressed to make a choice I'd go for it over Sol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ribena_baby

Is there anyone out there that actually likes this beer? Im gonna be one of the first to say i do.... Altho would only have one or two. Deffo agree about sol tho its mexican for p*ss!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Had to give this a go due to the talk and all I can say is that it tastes like a beer shandy :confused:

No idea what the Tequila bit is about though ... had a read of the ingredients and all it says about tequila is Aromatics (75% Tequila) so 75% of the aromatics is tequila but no precentage of what the aromatics are ... probably less than 1% which is basically just a wiff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Its far too sweet but could manage 1 bottle I suppose, everywhere sells it in including my local spar in Milltown Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I hate beers, with the exception of desperados. It's lovely with a bit of lemon in it.

Purty Kitchen in Dublin stocks it at the bar, but it was €6 a bottle last time I was there!

face1990 wrote: »
    I hate beers, with the exception of desperados. It's lovely with a bit of lemon in it.

Purty Kitchen in Dublin stocks it at the bar, but it was €6 a bottle last time I was there!

Should of just left it at "I hate beers" because the next line is really just saying you like Lemon. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I also like it. Goes down far too easy. Nice and sweet.
    In O'Briens there was a deal on that had 5 for €10.
    Can't get enough of the stuff. Most off-licences that stock it I've found have run out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

face1990 wrote: »

Seen it for 2.50 on a Wednesday, a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Have to say I love the stuff. Prefer it over most beers, really nice with some lemon mixed in. It's available in O'Briens now and I can see them getting a lot of custom from me in the future because of this :D

Have you tried lemon in all beers? it'll end up the same more or less

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

creggy wrote: »
    Seen it for 2.50 on a Wednesday, a few weeks ago.

Concrete Jungle Tuesdays and Elektrosexual Wednesdays it's 2.50-3.50 normally I think, depends on the night I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Anyone know anywhere in the City centre that does it? I'm between Parnell st and Henry st, so as close to there as possible :P

Surprised that Tesco jervis doesn't have it.

Advertisement