Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiership licenses 08?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Meh. I buy it for the gameplay. If it annoys you that much buy FIFA.

End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

it's not... only 2 english licensed teams, Spurs and Newcastle. At least the full edit mode is back and replay saves!

End of... i hate that stupid phrase

Ooh yeah replay saves and edit mode, finally life is worth living again.

bigkev49 wrote:
    Ooh yeah replay saves and edit mode, finally life is worth living again.

It's good that those features are back. I'm glad you're so delighted about it that you can have some semblance of a life again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Look who's so pissed off. Mate, nobody cares about the licenses, it would be nice to have some more or atleast decent licenses but it doesn't matter. What does matter on the other hand is the gameplay, if thats there, thats all that counts.

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote:
    Look who's so pissed off. Mate, nobody cares about the licenses, it would be nice to have some more or atleast decent licenses but it doesn't matter. What does matter on the other hand is the gameplay, if thats there, thats all that counts.

My thoughts exactly.

End of.:D

bigkev49 wrote:

Ooh... the comedy genius! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I must have gone into the cloakroom by mistake, the handbags in here!

I am dissappointed by a) the lack of licences and b) the terrible choice of teams used. But i will get over it as soon as i see that first gameplay video, at the end of the day, PES is all about that smooth and authentic gameplay.

bigkev49 wrote:
    My thoughts exactly.

This mo-fo is trying to steal my spotlight! And piss off Mountain Lips ofcourse...:D

Ha, this thread! you people! :D:D:D:D:D lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

newcastle and spurs...it will be funny to hear how they boast about this in the press release. "and fully licensed kits of both newcastle and Spurs"....wow.I thought it was finally liverpools year now :cool:

Seriously how did they pick those two teams? As good and all as the gameplay in pes is its time we the pes player stopped settling for their cheap skate ways. Jesus.

Dont know which console to go for yet. Pes on the xbox pad just isnt the same as the ps one. Its all about the dpad. But the price...and missing out on final fantasy. Decisions decisions.

Ehhh, thought coming my way... hold on... ehhh, is possible to download a superpatch for PES 2008 and put it on a memory stick, and transfer it through to the PS3 or 360 via USB? Don't laugh if it's stupid... even though I'm getting used to it by now... I'm so lonely...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Nailz wrote:
    Ehhh, thought coming my way... hold on... ehhh, is possible to download a superpatch for PES 2008 and put it on a memory stick, and transfer it through to the PS3 or 360 via USB? Don't laugh if it's stupid... even though I'm getting used to it by now... I'm so lonely...
    Should be if the full edit mode is the same as it was on the PS2. Download an option file and load it up. You can't change the graphics like in the PC but you can get all the kits, real names etc.

Oh cool, I shall do that then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Noli

The reason why Pes wont have fully licenced teams is because EA(fifa) bought the rights up and wont let pes share them,but im sure thats also cos pes are tight,look at pro evo 6 the german national team didnt have real names!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I prefer the team not being licensed cos that means that you can re-edit their jersey in the future if you wish. On PES6 I had to change Watford into Man Utd for the new kit lol! Although I wont have a Man Utd crest to play around with now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

Bit of a pity the amount of teams in 2008 hasn't been bulked up a bit but I'm not too bothered about teams being licensed.

I kind of like how it's Man Red when United play.

As long as the play is good and the edit mode has returned so that I can update transfers then i'm not really bothered.

Hopefully freekicks will be improved a little, they have been getting progressively worst.

Oh and the change player option, whatever the difference between pes5 and pes6 is, they need to change it back. PES5 was perfect, if I wanted to get control of a player I could, now it's just not possible. I'll be trying to get control of a FB and I'll click the button about twenty times and it will just continuously flick between the CBs. Annoying!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

joe123 wrote:
    newcastle and spurs...it will be funny to hear how they boast about this in the press release. "and fully licensed kits of both newcastle and Spurs"....wow.I thought it was finally liverpools year now :cool:

Seriously how did they pick those two teams? As good and all as the gameplay in pes is its time we the pes player stopped settling for their cheap skate ways. Jesus.

Dont know which console to go for yet. Pes on the xbox pad just isnt the same as the ps one. Its all about the dpad. But the price...and missing out on final fantasy. Decisions decisions.

"liverpools year now" lol dont make me laugh ye are saying that since 1990!!

Advertisement