Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking Of Moving To The Area

Options
  • 10-08-2007 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My wife and I are looking at property in the area and wondered what the general local feeling was about how the area to the west of Kindlestown Road (Grattan Park, Kenmare Heights etc.) is considered?

Nice area? Quiet? Good to bring up kids?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭weebelly

Hi Damocles,

we moved to just above Kindlestown Park about 2 years ago and had no idea about the area before we bought apart from a few disparaging comments. However, we had to wait quite a few months for the house (for various reasons to do with the actual sale) - so we had plenty of chances to come in and have a look at the area over a period of time. We didn't see anything to put us off. Okay - if its what you're in to - the kids are more likley to wear Wicklow GAA tops instead of Leinster rugby tops, Beamers are a bit thin on the ground and you won't see too many of the larger yachts being parked up in the gardens for the winter. In Greystones terms its practically the bottom end of the market, but that is only a relative judgement (and is entirely meaningless if you compare living here and living out in the sticks in Charlesland).
    Its a real mixed age group in the estate (compared to the likes of Charlesland) so there are some long term residents who have brought up families here and a well established community (as well as infrastructure). You'll find a lot of really friendly people in the area too and there has only been a gradual change in the population - we can only think of 4 or 5 houses that have gone up for sale since we moved in.
    The kids tend to be very visible, but they are entirely harmless - and if you want to look at it another way - the area is safe enough for large groups of kids to run around (the lack of through traffic is big help). There is a residents committee who co-ordinate the landscaping and tree plantings, kids fun days, clean ups etc.
    Can't think of anything else - pm me if you need more info on the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cheers

Great location for tesco and st laurence's school. I know alot of very decent people from this area.

Advertisement