Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TrueLife Screens

• 10-08-2007 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, so ordering a Dell laptop on Monday, just wondering about the screen type to pick. I've (eventually) decided to go for the Vostro 1500, with decent specs (2.2GHz Dual Core, Vista Ultimate, 2GB RAM, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT) but I'm stuck on the screen types.

The options are:
    * 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1200 x 800)
    * 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1200 x 800) with TrueLife [add €20]
    * 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA+ (1440 x 900) with TrueLife [add €60]
    * 15.4" UltraSharp Wide Screen WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050) with TrueLife [add €140]

So far the laptop is coming in at €919, I had said to myself keep it under a grand, so I'm ruling out the last option...

What's the difference? Can anybody speak from experience???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

Robbed straight from this post on this very forum...
    Glossy screens (i.e. TrueLife) render blacks much darker than matte screens, and colors generally look a lot more photo-realistic on them. But the glare can be very irritating in places with overhead lighting, and dust and fingerprints are really conspicuous on them. If you're going to use your system primarily for DVD watching or gaming, go with glossy. But if you're going to do a lot of text-based work or other productivity applications, particularly in an office-type environment, go with a matte screen.

Advertisement