Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB.NET Help needed.

Options
  • 10-08-2007 11:09am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

I have started in a new job programming and I have to learn VB.NET programming from scratch basically. I am looking for pointers on where to go for information to help me learn.
    I have knowledge of a few different languages:
    COBOL
    SQL
    UNIX
    JAVA
    PEARL

And a few others that I can't think of right now.

Any help would be great,
    Thanking you,
    Jonny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

If you're familiar with Java have a read of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

You shouldnt have many problems with picking up VB.net if you've experience in all those languages. Google is your best friend :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cheers Evil_Phil....

Not too familiar with JAVA but have learnt alot of the stuff just never used any of it in work. I mainly done COBOL and SQL so trying to remember the other stuff is a blank at the minute!!
    I have a few links to e-books and information sites so I will trawl through those aswell!!

Advertisement