Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final order list

Options
  • 10-08-2007 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

So the cpu should be arriving on monday ( i hope ) And the case should arrive today ( please god let it arrive at last ) And the rest of the kit im buying below should arrive in the next 2 weeks.

shoppinglistir8.jpg

As you can see i have ordered a few different fans. Mainly because each forum i am on different people are telling me different things about the fans, So i decided to do the ultimate test and see which infact has the best performance, and which is the quietest, and which is a nice balance.

Im guessing that the YS-Tech one will be the best at cooling as it moved 125cfm @ 49db ( my ears :/ )

The 60mm sanyo denki fan is for the chipset of the board, as ive heard it can hit 89c under load. So i will be using the auwld superglue trick or maybe using a few mobo standoffs. Alot of people have been using 40mm fans, but they only move 4-8cfm, where as this 60mm will do 28cfm and is fairly quiet.

I decided on the Corsair psu as its one of the only lower powered atx 2.2 psu'd out there. I also plan on adding another 8800gtx pretty soon too.

The Heatsink speaks for its self really.

The spinpoints because they are quiet and a nice price. Same with the maxtor external too.

I have decided to go with 4gb of Geil black dragon instead of two, as i have seen alot of peoblems with vista running out of memory, and it also leaves me open to upgrading to another 4gb if every needed.

As usual, any comments are more then welcome. The order is not placed yet, but will be very soon. Also if anyone can find all this gear on another site for cheaper that would be great (no german sites)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

eveything is fine just when they reccomend the yate loons they say run them at 7v or 5v if ya want them silent :D

make sure to also buy a camera so you can take pics.also a dremel so you can tidy the cables at the back of the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Check and check :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

is the DVD drive sata? I found there a hell of alot easier for to tidy, being sata :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Gah i wish. Im afraid the board only has 4 sata ports. So ive stuck with a ide drive as ill be using 2 x 500gb drives and 2 x 36gb raptors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

where are you ordering the case from?

• Advertisement

hes gettin it from scan.co.uk if im correct !

i still think you should of got a better mobo.......................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Ah doesnt matter I suppose, man id love to be building another pc now.. :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Mneh, Case was meant to be delivered yesterday. No sign of it so i rang scan. It wont be in stock till the 17th :/

Im pc-less for one day and im getting withdrawl symptoms already, how on earth am i meant to cope for 2 more weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I have the GeIL Black Dragon 4gb kit as well.
    It's not the best overclocker as it gets very hot even though it's an 8 lyer PCB on it but no heatspreader.
    With regards to the 120 Ultra I'd go with the Tuniq Tower 120 instead.
    A lot of the 120 ultras are having quality issues with the base being too concave or too convex. The Tuniq is a lot better quality and it's about 1.5 inches smaller in height than the Thermalright.

Ill be using a dominator air cooler for the ram, so i hope it keeps it a little cooler. As for thr TT ultra, if it turns up with a bad bas on it i will just send it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I have the GeIL Black Dragon 4gb kit as well.
    It's not the best overclocker as it gets very hot even though it's an 8 lyer PCB on it but no heatspreader.
    With regards to the 120 Ultra I'd go with the Tuniq Tower 120 instead.
    A lot of the 120 ultras are having quality issues with the base being too concave or too convex. The Tuniq is a lot better quality and it's about 1.5 inches smaller in height than the Thermalright.

lap it then :D although thats very odd that theres quality issues, every TR HS i've had has always had a very flat base. Plus the ultra extreme is big enough to mount a 14cm fan on it isn't it.

L31mr0d wrote:
    lap it then :D although thats very odd that theres quality issues, every TR HS i've had has always had a very flat base. Plus the ultra extreme is big enough to mount a 14cm fan on it isn't it.

i second that :(

just got me a lapping kit and gona give a go soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Dear god ant are you actualy buying the case from scan.co.uk? The shipping outside the GB is outrageous. And I posted it Thursday BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

Nice looking build Anti - sorry about stealing this pc from you a few weeks too early :).

P.s. Can i steal your sig now?

shipping was only 20€ for the case. The joys of having s vip account ;)

Advertisement