Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tabula Rasa key giveaway

Options
  • 10-08-2007 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread about this and thought it might interest some:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=81061

Eurogamer are giving away Tabula Rasa (closed) beta keys, they have over 2000 left at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Thanks! I signed up. 2.8gb download now :/

and limited play times...
    During your time with the Allied Free Sentients (AFS) you will be allowed onto the battlefield on the following days/times:

Session #1
    Date: Wed 8th Aug
    Time: 17:00 – 02:00 (BST)

Session #2
    Date: Fri-Sun 10-12th Aug
    Time: 17:00 – 00:00 (BST)

Session #3
    Date: Mon 13th Aug

Session #4
    Date: Wed 15th Aug

Session #5
    Date: Fri-Sun 17-19th Aug
    Time: 17:00 – 00:00 (BST)

Which timezone is BST?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

BST is "British Summer Time" (so same time as here)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got one of the Fileplanet keys that are available to subscribers, but its a US beta key. Gonna try it tonight. One of the guys i live with said its quite good fun. Very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I wouldn't mind a crack at that, but my processors under spec for the beta requirements.

Just lie about it. I failed the test because i accidently said that i had a <16bit sound card, which i dont. My specs will easily play the game. So i used a friends computer with my fileplanet account, and it worked. I think it remembers the ip address of the computer you use, which makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Prepare for download hell, the setup weights in at almost 3gig :ọ)
    If I get a chance I'll mirror the file.

Yup, 2.77 gigs, followed by an awful amount of patching.

Played this last night for a few hours, and i really enjoyed it. Great fun. It feels so totally different to any mmo i've played before. Obviously cant say much due to the NDA, but i highly recommend it to anyone who can get a beta key.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Aye, I'm in the middle of downloading the patch now. 15%
    Had to restart the actual download of the game 3 times last night due to my router cutting out and me not using a download manager.

Having played Ultima Online for 10 years now, it's only right I give Tabula Rasa a look at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im liking TR quite a bit. if theres a pure pvp server when it launches im in.

• Advertisement

Myself and another from IE are on it.
    He's lvl 12 and I'm 10 I think, or almost 10.

Add me as a friend when your on
    Deathlocke

Godspeed is the other.

im level 15 commando atm my charcters last name is
    Lyso (viva Neocron names)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

any news on pricing for this game ? Is it monthly sub based (like coh) or free like guild wars ?

I dont think it's gonna be free, but either way I just don't think its an MMO for me.

It's basically just a single player RPG but with interaction between other players.

It's a co-op RPG.

the eurogamer keys expired. i payed the 5 euro to get back in on preorder.

Early on the game is very 'solo' but once you leave the first Planet and head to Areiki it gets interesting.

i had just hit a level where i could fight on Areiki and went to check it out. its an entirely different ballgame there. and a LOT of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I got a beta key the other week (applied for the beta), not sure if its time limited, but if anyone whats it you can have it. I have a preorder key so didn't need it.

jaggeh wrote:
    the eurogamer keys expired. i payed the 5 euro to get back in on preorder.

Early on the game is very 'solo' but once you leave the first Planet and head to Areiki it gets interesting.

i had just hit a level where i could fight on Areiki and went to check it out. its an entirely different ballgame there. and a LOT of fun.

Yeah but it's a single player game with other players there IF you want.
    There really is no need for other players though.
    The economy and all that ain't built on player interaction.

I know not really ANY MMO is, but at least some others try to aim for it.
    My Tabula Rasa adventures end here anyhow.

*Runs back to the WAR queue and awaits patiently*

actually wit hthe last patch and the introduction of scaled ammo types the economy is becoming very much player driven. i just got a recipe for improved cartridge and cell ammo, which i can make about 6 times cheaper than shop bought ammo.

open beta next week \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

i got a closed beta key ages ago but i was busy with wow
    so i never started it up but from what i hear its just like that mmo that just closed down for good the one where you are a car and just drive around shooting stuff auto assault.
    So anyway il give it a go when open beta starts up been waiting for a good sci fi hope this will be it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Just saw the beta walkthrough on Kotaku and I have to say it looks really interesting.

Am I right in thinking that there is a greater element of skill involved in playing this?
    It seems they're trying to get a way from the "whack-a-mole" style key mashing of WoW, which is something I'd be interested in.

I think I'll have to try out the open beta when it starts.

Killian

K!LL!@N wrote:
    Just saw the beta walkthrough on Kotaku and I have to say it looks really interesting.

Am I right in thinking that there is a greater element of skill involved in playing this?
    It seems they're trying to get a way from the "whack-a-mole" style key mashing of WoW, which is something I'd be interested in.

I think I'll have to try out the open beta when it starts.

Killian

Erm its WoW with guns kinda.
    Theres no "skill" as in, reflex skill or accuracy with the mouse skill (well you do need to point the cursor at the enemy - but they arent tiny rabbits that are bouncing around the screen) .... You attack the monster and watch your character shoot, each shot is either a hit or miss so a dice is rolled, then the damage is random but based on certain character traits/skills. etc

You just have to face the right direction.

I don't like the game anymore but I'd still recommend you try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I saw the "sticky" targeting in a later video.

Still it does look kind of interesting, I will keep an eye on it.

Killian

Advertisement