Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which 22 ammo

Options
  • 10-08-2007 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

ive been trying out two different types of 22 ammo over the last few weeks,{aquila super x subs and winchester super x subs, the aquila had realy tight groups at 50 yds, and in the field had a clean rabbit kill at 83 yds, the winchester i found to be harder hitting and had a clean rabbit kill at 125 yds, both shot out of my cz varmint... aquila £1-90 a box winchester £3-70 a box

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i found the winchester a great bullet. im using eley sub sonics at the moment. quite happy with those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

CGI Stingers are great. I am happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

i use the eley sub hollowpoints for bunnies very quiet accurate and clean shooting, i also use Lapua super club subs for targets .
    I,m forking out €6.80 for the eleys am i being ripped!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I pay 6 - 6.25 for Eley subs, but I don't think you want to be driving across the country for a few cents lol. I find them the most accurate subs in my rifle, Sako Quad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

de_shadow wrote:
    i use the eley sub hollowpoints for bunnies very quiet accurate and clean shooting, i also use Lapua super club subs for targets .
    I,m forking out €6.80 for the eleys am i being ripped!?

I paid €7.50 in Tallaght Rod & Gun for box 50 Eley XTRA Sub sonics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

J.R. wrote:

Ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

J.R. wrote:

Are they the Match Xtra, or just hollowpoints? Because that would be a good price for Match Xtra :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

rrpc wrote:
    Are they the Match Xtra, or just hollowpoints? Because that would be a good price for Match Xtra :D

€7.50 for the Eley Xtra subsonic box of 50 - hollowpoint. They were not the Match Xtra. I thought it was expensive but I was stuck.

Advertisement