Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tote

Options
  • 10-08-2007 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

I've just put down a bet on a place pot on todays races in sedgefield. did on paddy power online just for a bit of craic really. what i want to know is, is there anyway to find out my potential winnings cos it never gave it to me as it normal would for any bet. is there a standard winnings for place pots? i don't normally bet on the tote cos i've never fully understood it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Nah, you've no way of knowing accurately. The PlacePot is a pool bet... the winning return is the total amount bet into the pool (minus the Totes profit) divided by the amount of winners.
    So if the pool is 100000K and there 500 winning £1 tickets then each winning ticket gets £200 (for each £1 staked obviously).

You can however make a guess at your winnings as follows. If you've backed 6 favs then your return is likely to be on the low side maybe 10/1 to 50/1 as it is quite likely that there will be loads of winning tickets.

If you have backed 6 outsiders then your return will still be identically small if the 6 favs are also placed, but could be very large if those favs are unplaced.

There is always the possibilty of freaky results though, I've seen 6 placed favs pay 100/1+, and also seen less than 50/1 paid when the placings seemed to full of relative outsiders.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

i actually do placepots quite regularly and if you go to teletxt service on At The Races and go to the detailed results page they will give placepot updates after each race i.e. how many legs are still going and on which horses these are in the next race so you can work it out from this for example if there are 100 legs left out of 1000 going in to the last race and the total amount of units on the 3 horses placed in the last race is 25, you divide 1000 by 25 which leaves 40, then allow for the tote deduction ( think its usually about 5% ) then your return would be 38/1

Advertisement