Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

debs dress prices ;[

• 10-08-2007 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

getting a bit paniced now as i thought i had loads of time to prepare for the debs then ran into a few mates who've their shoes let alone dresses.

so i started doing a bit of research on dresscode.ie, who stock in arnotts, and found a dress that seems pretty simple and well, pretty. anyone any ideas on prices as i'm going on holidays soon i need my cash but as the same time i want to buy before all the good ones are gone ;]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Dresscode/typical debs dresses- €400. Monsoon- €250 Vila, Julien, Arnotts, Debut- anything from €60-510, depending on whether it's a cocktail style knee length dress, or a full length 'gown'.

I got my dress off the internet http://www.formalgownsdirect.co.uk/Prom%2006201.htm , and it's going to arrive on the 20th. It's €171 including shipping, but delivery is 4 weeks.

Search google. Your best bet are English dress sites, sizing is simple, and you won't get burned over duty tax. Make sure you ask how long delivery would be for here. You could get one in 4-5 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

chances of someone having the same thing are minimal!
    thanks a million i'll def give it a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

debenhams have a good range...from 80 euro to alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

There's a shop between Terenure and Harolds Cross (don't know exactly, I only ever see it from a bus), I think it's called Diva.. but the dresses in the window look rather simple yet really classy. All too many times you see people in a big illuminous number and it's just wrong. Has anyone been in the shop, I haven't, not being a girl it's not exactly somewhere I'd browse, but passing it I've definitly thought they did dresses I'd find attractive on the opposite sex.
    Now, maybe up close the dresses are horrible or they only have two nice ones and they're on display, but I've only noticed the place this year so maybe it's new and possibly worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I know the place you are talking about. They do have a great selection of dresses in there and prices aren't too bad. A friend of mine got a dress there for a wedding about a year and a bit ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭UnReg123

I'd try TK Maxx, you can get some gorgeous dresses there. Got my debs dress, and another dress there for about €70 each, and they are gorgeous. Having said that, you've no guarantee whether you'll find one you will like, but i'd try it out anyway!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

got my dress in tk maxx. its now on adverts for free. i loved it... there's a place called wicked frills on dorset st.. pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There's a dress shop in Nutgrove in Rathfarnham which looks cheap enough too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Simply Divine? Got a leaflet about that. The girl on the front is wearing what could have been a nice dress, but it's awful. Doesn't say much about the place.

Advertisement