Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to secure a projector mount?

• 10-08-2007 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

i am currently at the first fix stage of a new build. i have brought HDMI and VGA cable from behind the telly to the point on the ceiling where the projector would be mounted.

we have hollowcore flooring and below this is a floating timber ceiling (4x2's).
    what i am wondering is: Should i just stick is a few 6x2 bridgings on their flat to hold the projector mount?
    Or should i buy a mount now and mount it to the hollowcore (it would be mounted 5 inches above the ceiling)?
    i wasn't intending on buying the mount just yet (its more future proofing in the event that i may buy a projector!) so the timber bridging is probably the best.
    any suggestion as to dimensions of the bridging?
    where is best to buy a universal ceiling mount? and cheapest :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i put bridging on mine, well builder did, when i told him what i needed, not sure what he used. I bought a vogel mount from Komplett and and am happy with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

think i will just put in about 3 6x2 bridgings. also need bridging to hold a single socket!
    cheers mossym. was looking at those mounts on komplett as well. thing is i will have 2 cables coming out of the ceiling and i'm not sure yet if i will get a projector or not!! the other half will not be happy when she sees that! :-)

Advertisement