Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of tattoo

Options
  • 10-08-2007 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a tattoo on upper arm that i wolud like to have removed. its mainly black blue and green. anyone any experiences of laser treatment and how it went?/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tupamaro

vickyc wrote:
    I have a tattoo on upper arm that i wolud like to have removed. its mainly black blue and green. anyone any experiences of laser treatment and how it went?/

Why not a cover up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 princessb

I have just had my 8th laser treatment on a tattoo I have on my chest. It was £950 for the 8 treatments and I will need more as it hasn't gone yet, however, these extra treatments will be complimentary. I'm not convinced it will be gone by the time I've finished but I will persevere as I'd like nothing more than to be rid of this vile tattoo. The laser itself is extremely painful ( similar to a series of electric shocks) and leaves the area bleeding, blistered, bruised and very sore and scabby for a couple of weeks. I have also tried Tattoo-Erase but this didn't work for me and if the laser doesn't get rid of it then I have started looking into surgical excision even though this means a skin graft and a cost of £1500 upwards. I am determined to get rid of my tattoo by any means necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Wow Princesssb...... that's some first post!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

wow! i cant help but ask... what could it possibly be that you so desperately want rid of it?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

narco wrote:
    wow! i cant help but ask... what could it possibly be that you so desperately want rid of it?! :eek:

"i love....some dickhead who did the dirt"???? just surmising but would be a horrible situation to be in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

it cant be that bad,id probably just try get it covered over if i was in that situation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I really wanna see pix of this tattoo now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my mate was tellin me yesterday about a girl he works with who has this tattoo that she loved, the design was brilliant... but twas drawn by the boyfriend, with whom she had a terrible breakup iwth, and now she just hates the fact that it was drawn by him.

Oh dear. My boyfriend is drawing my sleeve..... :|

that might be just a little harder to remove if you change you mind:D

• Advertisement

Nah. Love the boy more than anything ever! We're moving to ashbourne in three weeks! THREE WEEEEEEKS! Hahaha, Can't wait!

Oh dear. My boyfriend is drawing my sleeve..... :|

well, im having my boyfriend's handwriting on my polar bear,which is my most important piece so far, and probably for a long long time too... and it's a song that goes back to months before we were even a couple, and the way i see it is... even if we do break up, and i end up hating him and stuff (though even with my overly active imagination, i cant picture it being all that bad a breakup if, god forbid we did), but the polar bear, and him are just this part of my life at the moment, ive done a 180 degree turn around in my life these past two years, for the better, and it means the world to me.

so even if it hurts, i know it's marking a really important part in my life.... so i think, i really do, that if the worst happened, id still be happy with the piece.#

hopefully.

though hope even more twill never come to that.

i dont think id get any of mine removed even if i broke up with someone who drew it,hope yours turns out nice!

That's lovely, Narco. It's great that you can think like that!

And thanks, saranne! I'm sure it'll be perfect.

it sounds amazing,you better post some pics!

im dyin to see the sleeve, though wont be able to see it in person, unlike the mew. (tell me, will you be getting squirtle at any point? :D)

get a squirtle!he's the best one in it:D

also snorlax. he was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I've had one session of tattoo-erase in Metalmorphosis and it's worked fine (except it doesn't seem to have healed fully, around 10 weeks ago and it's still got a good few slightly-darker-than-skin-colour dots around it, anyone have any suggestions on cream or something to use?)

I popped into Metalmorphosis the other day and Elaine who did it is no longer working there!

So I've got half a tattoo... dots all around it. They reckin there'll be a new girl starting mid-september which should be OK, hopefully she'll already be well up on the process.

Is there anywhere else in Dublin that does tattoo-erase? The same procedure as Metalmorphosis like?

Not sure, steve.... I reckon get some Vitamin E oil for the dots....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Any pics of the erase session? You could try track down the ink and get another studio to do it for you. The black dots from my understanding of the process are bits of ink still left that'll need another dose to get rid of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Oh yeh I know about the ink that's left, all the ink in the dots where the needle went in is completely gone (very impressed by that). It's where the dots were made that it's still a little pink (ie, looks slightly scarred and still a little indented). There are a couple of bits where the scab came off prematurely, pulled a couple of them off putting a jumper on so not all of the ink came out but I don't mind having a couple of little dashes of ink around it. A lot less noticable than the tattoo itself anyway

I think I'd had a recommendation of some Earthly Elements VitE oil I think it was called so I'll get some of that. Cheers for the reminder Fantasy :)

I would put up a picture but I'm quite ashamed of the tattoo itself so don't really want to make it public knowledge if you get me so sorry about that.

Only thing I can say is that it does work (or at least it did for me).

It's painful enough, a bit more than getting the tattoo on in the first place. Basically the tattoo needle goes in and it's sort of pushed down a bit and very slightly "wiggled" for want of a better word.

Because, when you're getting the tattoo it's sort of a persistant sort of feeling and the needle's being moved around without going in and coming out too much it's not too bad getting it on, but getting it off is fairly painful because it feels like around 40-odd injections or so. My only saving grace is that the tattoo is only an outline and should only take 2 - 3 sessions. If it was a larger tattoo I can imagine it'd be a lot longer and a lot more painful...

Fantasy Suicide, does the Vitamain E oil really work for helping to heal small scars? If so then I think I might buzz into Holland and Barrets tomorrow morning and get some.

I had a feeling it'd mainly help more during the healing phase as opposed to when the dots had healed over

Well, I don't mind scars, to be honest so I never used it. But I was recommended by a piercer to me for scars I've had for ages. It's worth a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

I have a really big scar on my thigh and used Bio-oil on it and it's faded loads so would recommend that.

Boyfriend also drew my design and since it's quite big let's hope nothing awful happens as no way I can forget its there !!

Advertisement