Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford vs Limerick Semi Final

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Sully wrote:
    Didnt the limerick manager recently boast about winning, going on about it all "being planned" and that they knew ages ago they would beat Waterford and the match was all planned etc etc. I heard it third-party, so im not sure the full details but if it was said: I dont think Limerick deserve to win.

Surely Limerick deserved to win because of their performance on the pitch not because of what their manager says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

Leonitos wrote:
    Whats blue and white and goes beep, beep, beep?

Waterford's open top bus reversing back into the garage.

Heard that joke on Monday. Don't bother with the rest, we've all heard them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Leonitos wrote:
    (Insert any managers name here) was arrested last night after vandalising a cigarette machine, he replied by saying he was in a bad way for 20 players!!

Original.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gizzle wrote:
    Original.

I wouldn't worry I'd imagine there's a good chance he'll be banned for spamming soon

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The way he said it, I think was unfair. Yes each manager should remain hopeful but I do think he could have approached it a lot better. A great game, Limerick were the better team and won it. Iv no problem admiting that. But, I do think he could have said it a bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

I hate to see one throw away line (Bennis was asked what he thought of Shanahan not getting goals, it wasn't like he starting crowing) ruin what was a great game. Bennis, and indeed everyone, admitted it was tough on Waterford. I hope ye do win an AI soon, it's certainly deserved.

Bennis was never asked "What do you think of Shanahan not getting any goals". He was asked for his comments on the match just played.

HE chose to comment about "Dan The Man" all of his own accord. I'm Sick of talking about it at this stage but I just wanted to put the record straight. I hear Bennis is a character who wears his heart on his sleeve so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. He did praise the Waterford side too. It's understandable how that comment can be taken as being snide. He was obviously highly excited at the time.

The better team won on the day. End of story. Let's just leave it at that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mfitzy wrote:
    Ah Freddie, and there was me thinkin you'd all for your neighbours and all;)

Not a chance Fitzy - ever!:D I'd shout for England first (joke!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd imagine this leonitos chap is from kilkenny, as we all know there was a bridge lift the other day so all these leaches couldn't come down for there jobs and daily supplies so they went back to there town of hurling fields, unemployed wasters, stag parties and a ****ty castle to make up waterford jokes and put them on an internet forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

He has been banned. You can calm down now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'd imagine this leonitos chap is from kilkenny, as we all know there was a bridge lift the other day so all these leaches couldn't come down for there jobs and daily supplies so they went back to there town of hurling fields, unemployed wasters, stag parties and a ****ty castle to make up waterford jokes and put them on an internet forum

Lovely attidude there. Will really get you far I'd say. You prob never noticed but there is a whole world beyond Waterford and indeed KK.
    Furthermore a few english lessons might not go amiss for you.You might learn the diff between there and their and when to use them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 mullanimal

i've never seen the likes of the abuse Waterford people have had to put up with from Cork, Tipperary, Kilkenny & Limerick on upthdeise.com

I suppose it is down to the fact that each suffered at our hands during the year and the rest of the country, for some reason, seem to be behind us (and we are greatful for it)...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mfitzy wrote:
    Lovely attidude there. Will really get you far I'd say. You prob never noticed but there is a whole world beyond Waterford and indeed KK.
    Furthermore a few english lessons might not go amiss for you.You might learn the diff between there and their and when to use them...

In fairness you can see where he is coming from. However, id imagine its more someone from Limerick then Kilkenny - but neither of us (including you) know the answer to that question.

So please, dont come in here shouting personal abuse at a poster because he accused someone from KK being behind the attacks here. (Note: Your English isnt the best either. Learn how to spell. ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Come back when ye've actually won something this year ;)

Sully wrote:
    In fairness you can see where he is coming from. However, id imagine its more someone from Limerick then Kilkenny - but neither of us (including you) know the answer to that question.

So please, dont come in here shouting personal abuse at a poster because he accused someone from KK being behind the attacks here. (Note: Your English isnt the best either. Learn how to spell. ;))

No I can't see where he is coming from actually. A diff planet perhaps. As for personal abuse, nothing particularly personal in what I was saying. Certainly no worse than slagging KK as full of unemployed wasters!!!!
    He's clearly from Waterford, hence the familiar chant of 'lets lift the bridge and keep out those KK spongers'. Not that many people in Waterford hold such a small minded and ignorant view of the world, thankfully.
    I actually love Waterford, espec the beaches and country areas. I just don't get the deep rooted loathing of KK by the odd individual on this website. And will always point it out even if I am precieved as an outsider or troll on this forum....I know it's only friendly banter 99% of the time but I just did not appreciate that guy's words. That's all Sully ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I have found there are some people in waterford that are anti KK, but i mostly find that its with the Brain dead people who are around here. But the vast population i would think are not Anti KK and just get on with life.

Im gutted that we lost, i do feel like we have been hard done by having to play 3 weekends in a row. But on the day the best team won. And good luck to both teams for the final.

BadCharlie wrote:
    I have found there are some people in waterford that are anti KK, but i mostly find that its with the Brain dead people who are around here. But the vast population i would think are not Anti KK and just get on with life.

Im gutted that we lost, i do feel like we have been hard done by having to play 3 weekends in a row. But on the day the best team won. And good luck to both teams for the final.

Well said. Just as I thought. And the vast majority of KK people I know were ruiting for Waterfrd all the way. Such a kick in the face to the players after putting in so much the last few years.
    As they say maybe next year....But I'm sure they're tired hearing that in Waterford..

How cant you? Waterford is getting slagged of for yet again not managing to win - and Killkenny are always winning. He assumes (and he shouldnt have, but I can see why) that its someone from KK that is making such remarks so starts a rant.

Plus, there is a general hatred towards KK from Waterford and Waterford from KK. Its not about sport but its also about land - sure look at previous debates like why KK shouldnt be called a city or "Port of Waterford" isn't really in Waterford etc.

My point is that instead of slagging him back (shamefully) you should have pointed out it may not have been a KK poster. Instead, you just mocked him.

Anyway lets just leave it at that. :)
    mfitzy wrote:
    No I can't see where he is coming from actually. A diff planet perhaps. As for personal abuse, nothing particularly personal in what I was saying. Certainly no worse than slagging KK as full of unemployed wasters!!!!
    He's clearly from Waterford, hence the familiar chant of 'lets lift the bridge and keep out those KK spongers'. Not that many people in Waterford hold such a small minded and ignorant view of the world, thankfully.
    I actually love Waterford, espec the beaches and country areas. I just don't get the deep rooted loathing of KK by the odd individual on this website. And will always point it out even if I am precieved as an outsider or troll on this forum....I know it's only friendly banter 99% of the time but I just did not appreciate that guy's words. That's all Sully ;)

Indeed. Last thing needed is another KK vs WD thread. I don't unerstand the mutual hatred of the small minority on either side of 'the bridge' but I guess people get ideas in their heads and there's just no shifting them. Like as you say re the border, KK 'city status', location of Waterfordport etc etc...

And yes, any KK person that gloats or sheers when Waterford loose is a total moron in my view and deserves a slaggin off. Just annoys when generalisations are made bout the whole of Co. KK!

mfitzy wrote:
    Indeed. Last thing needed is another KK vs WD thread. I don't unerstand the mutual hatred of the small minority on either side of 'the bridge' but I guess people get ideas in their heads and there's just no shifting them. Like as you say re the border, KK 'city status', location of Waterfordport etc etc...

And yes, any KK person that gloats or sheers when Waterford loose is a total moron in my view and deserves a slaggin off. Just annoys when generalisations are made bout the whole of Co. KK!

Couldn't agree more - but all the same, ill still support a Waterford chap who is getting hassle from a KK person. Just to ease tensions more then anything. We should all get along fine, regardless of our opinions! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mfitzy wrote:
    Well said. Just as I thought. And the vast majority of KK people I know were ruiting for Waterfrd all the way. Such a kick in the face to the players after putting in so much the last few years.
    As they say maybe next year....But I'm sure they're tired hearing that in Waterford..

Eh, and you were the one getting onto a poster a while ago about English lessons? 'Ruiting'?:confused::D

Much as you might like to think it, the world doesn't begin and end with Hurling in Waterford.......unlike Kilkenny. We've bigger fish to fry.....but of course you'd also know that already.......:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Freddie59 wrote:
    the world doesn't begin and end with Hurling in Waterford.......unlike Kilkenny. We've bigger fish to fry.....but of course you'd also know that already.......:)

You cannot say that under a Waterford City thread. Banned for two weeks. :D

Advertisement