Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get a decent back massage??

• 10-08-2007 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I was wondering where it is possible to get a decent back massage in the Dublin area that doesn't cost the world. I once got a voucher for a beauty salon in Merrion Centre. This was half an hour for 38,- and it was crap!!! :mad: :(

Well, I might have a not so realistic view on it regarding Irish standards. I am German and at home I can have an hour back massage from a professional physio for 13eur. But I'd already be happy with just a good one....no matter the price. I have osteoarthritis (arthrosis) and need my regular relaxation fix....

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

if you have back problems a massage is worst thing you can do!!! physio would be so much better for you!!
    i have back problems and had a massage and i came out ten times worse. try a physio first and see how they help you!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

that's why I am getting massages from physios as opposed to these useless beauty palour pseudo massages ;):D
    The excercises that you do at a physio's aim to strengthen your back- and belly muscles. So if you have something like a slipped disk or the likes, the muscles have the strength to hold your spine. I am already excercising every second day. But my muscles need some relaxation in between.
    I suppose it is different though for every back problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

come on over to my place ;)

phasers wrote:
    come on over to my place ;)

are you a professional physio? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

For a proper massage I would suggest looking for ads in health food stores and the like.

Can't really explain why the proper masseuses advertise there but they do and generally are very good.

No idea of the cost. Nowadays its nearly a euro a minute being honest.

• Advertisement

thanks Froot. I will check that out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

meowCat wrote:
    thanks Froot. I will check that out :)

any luck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Speaking as a Massage Therapist, remember that it's you're money, so you pay for what you want! State to the therapist that you would like a deeper/ lighter massage, areas you would particularly like concentrated on etc.

My advice would be not to go to a salon but somewhere that only specializes in massage as alot of the time what happens in salons is that beauty therapists who have been trained in massage (no offence to any of you if you are reading this) generally don't want to do massage treatments as they are beauty therapists and prefer to do waxing, nails etc.

thanks for that lil smiler.

do you know of any good places to go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

No probs, it's just a handy thing to remember, I'd hate to think that I was massaging someone and not giving them the relaxation they need!!

I'm not actually based in Dublin so I can't help you Sorry!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

My boyfriend has gone to Caroline Browne, who is mostly based in Ranelagh. I'd heard a great review of her and got him vouchers 2 massages. He found her very good and he's quite fussy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Wee Bird

Found Caroline fabulous. Got hot stone massage done and will definetly return for a second. Really very impressed.

anyone know of anywhere in Dublin city centre to get a decent massage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Yes there is a really really good massage therapist in salon Naturelle on Dorset St lower, she does deep tissue massage and it is 35 eur for half hour back massage and she does it really well. I went twice so far and it was just amazingly relaxing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

A friend of mine has tried lots of places (and has paid big money too) and the only place she recommends is the thai centre - its on lower kevin street!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

hey there is this place on lesson st called 'blow hair and beauty salon" and the lady working there was sooo nice she charged me 40 euro for 30mins worked overtime and showed me stretchs to relief back aches! so lovely would defo go back

Advertisement