Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband Now Available in Celbridge!

Options
  • 10-08-2007 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hey all just ordered 6meg Broadband from NTL there with the free wireless router. Really hope it can be installed and that its not too good to be true. (Currentlt on IBB ripwave! :rolleyes:)

Was a chorus TV customer but they've switched me over to an NTL customer. I can picture this being a nightmare recieving bills from Chorus and NTL with endless hours onto customer care trying to sort it!

Anyone else in Celbridge get NTL yet? If so how are they finding it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Got NTL Broadband in Leixlip Friday (6meg).....Service halted 1130pm Sunday......Not best pleased....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Trampas

NTL and Chorus are the same company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 elsimate

I spent the best part of an hour yesterday trying to get the combo TV/Broadband in Celbridge but was told it wasn't available yet.
    Did anyone else come across this> The fact that NTL have been digging up the village for the last few months would lead me to believe it is available...

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Hi All,

I live in Celbridge and have the 2MB package from NTL/Chorus(UPC)
    I also have the Basic TV package ( E19.99 for first 6 months)

I am having a nightmare with it.
    It looks like i have never been getting enough signal into the house.
    There was a power outage last weekend for a day as well (doesnt happen often)

I have been listening to that classical hold music now for ages.
    I cannot use the splitter with the TV and BB working at the one time.
    At first i though it was the cables. SO rang NTL and they needed an engineer to drop them out so i had to take yet more time off work!!! SO got them myself.
    Expecting callout today (Saturday-Not regular callout time) between 9 and 12.Rang to find out today just to make sure(Office is closed)

Since the start i had issues with the modem and had a few callouts from the engineers. Twice they arrived out to the house (I got the neighbour to let them in) They had no laptop to configure the modem !!! Twice
    Of course i have my laptop for work so i wasnt there, disaster.

I am thinking of switching now but who else does BB and TV for a decent price, Eddie shrugs.

Best of luck with it anyways, hope it goes better for you.
    Mine might be flying along tomorrow though so i will post again then to let you know how it went, it might be just an issue thats easily resolved....

Ed

eddhorse wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am having a nightmare with it.
    It looks like i have never been getting enough signal into the house.
    There was a power outage last weekend for a day as well (doesn't happen often)

Cheers Ed. I think the recent work on the Clane road should improve things but if you get a sec can you drop back here and lettuce no - just before I make the jump and end up in the same fix as yourself. I work from home so can't afford to have constant screw ups with the modem

Thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Hi Im back,

The engineer arrived as promised (thats the first time that happened)
    All he did was replace the splitter which i dont think was the problem as when i was on the phone to the support team i took the splitter out of the loop and connected striaght into the BB modem. The guy on the phone said the signal was low from that.

Its working now alright but i have my doubts it will stay that way.
    I will keep you posted, sorry i cant give you anymore than that.

The thing with the engineers is that they are contractors hired by UPC(NTL/Chorus) so if they dont turn up they dont get the few euro but they have other calls anyways. Doesnt matter to them if youve taken the day off for a call out.

I will test it for the day and post again later tonight.
    There isnt much options really for BB in Celbridge , from my experience i wouldnt use it for working from home. I do a lot of work from home too. ive had to use my vodafone card to connect to remote sites a few times when the NTL was out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bonniedowney

Hi all, can anyone fully confirm whether or not NTL wireless broadband is available in Celbridge and how they find the service. I live in crodaun and am having major problems getting a service provider for wireless broadband. Eircom have just told me that if i get a phoneline installed (which i will be doing specifically to avail of their broadband services) they won't be able to tell me if the line will support broadband until after the line is installed (which will cost me Euros121.98). Which to be fair sounds a bit shaggin ridiculous really! Also, would really rather avoicd getting a landline in if at all possible!

Don't really want holes drilled in the side of my house and wires running everywhere as seems to be necessary with irish broadband and eircom but what can i do? I hear ice broadband are a bit useless also. And that seems to be it for our choices :(.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. My head is wrecked by all this. I cannot actually believe that it is this difficult to find a service provider in the celbridge area. I mean, Hewlett Pakard and Intel are like my next door neighbours!!!! You'd imagine service provision out this neck of the woods would be a no-brainer :confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 chrishall_ie

Hi all, can anyone fully confirm whether or not NTL wireless broadband is available in Celbridge and how they find the service. I live in crodaun and am having major problems getting a service provider for wireless broadband. Eircom have just told me that if i get a phoneline installed (which i will be doing specifically to avail of their broadband services) they won't be able to tell me if the line will support broadband until after the line is installed (which will cost me Euros121.98). Which to be fair sounds a bit shaggin ridiculous really! Also, would really rather avoicd getting a landline in if at all possible!

Don't really want holes drilled in the side of my house and wires running everywhere as seems to be necessary with irish broadband and eircom but what can i do? I hear ice broadband are a bit useless also. And that seems to be it for our choices :(.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. My head is wrecked by all this. I cannot actually believe that it is this difficult to find a service provider in the celbridge area. I mean, Hewlett Pakard and Intel are like my next door neighbours!!!! You'd imagine service provision out this neck of the woods would be a no-brainer :confused:.

Hi,
    I just got the NTL 6MB line into my house in celbridge (St Raphaels Manor), and have had no problems what-so-ever with it. There was no holes drilled into walls etc, just a router plugged into the wall by your tv.

NTL told me a while back that they were bringing their full service to celbridge, so maybe if you hang-on they'll have it in crodaun soon enough.

Rgds,
    Chris

Having been promised a call back by 12 noon the next day re a quotation request I had made "It's ridiculous nobody called you - you have my word I'll call you tomorrow before 12" - I got no call.

If they are that brutal before I get the service just imagine what they would be like after!

Won't be touching them with a long barge pole.:o

Advertisement