Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fault with Nissan Almera O2 Sensor -Help!

Options
  • 10-08-2007 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Just bought an Almera 2000 (new model). The engine light came on the dash. Its gone now but nissan garage said its the Oxygen Sensor. A new one costs 155 euro. I heard that this is a fault with the first year of these new models and that nissan are liable to fix it. I'm really not sure of what I'm talking about though and don't even know what it does or if I need it.

Any advise would be really appreciated. Have a feeling the nissan garage are only too keen to sc*** me over :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

First: http://www.car-stuff.com/nissanoxygensensor.htm

The 02 sensor or Lambda sensor reads the temperature of the exhaust gases and the variation in resistance corrects the mixture of fuel into the engine. Basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Stephmurph wrote:
    Just bought an Almera 2000 (new model). The engine light came on the dash. Its gone now but nissan garage said its the Oxygen Sensor. A new one costs 155 euro. I heard that this is a fault with the first year of these new models and that nissan are liable to fix it. I'm really not sure of what I'm talking about though and don't even know what it does or if I need it.

Any advise would be really appreciated. Have a feeling the nissan garage are only too keen to sc*** me over :(

Thanks

Nissan had a problem with Lambda sensors on the Maxima (which has 4 of these sensors) and some cars that ended up having engine lights coming on for this fault were sorted out free of charge. In your case, there may have been a similar problem but as the problem didn't occur around the time the car was new and you have got 7 years out of the car without this problem arising, I doubt very much Nissan will stand over the problem now. The garage isn't screwing you over here, that is the cost of the part and it's not very expensive at that price for a lambda sensor. Unless they are charging you a load of labour to fit it, the price as you have stated sounds okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Had a problem with my 04 Almeara - car was misfiring and cutting out - turned out to be a cam sensor - but was replaced under warranty - they said it would have been €150 quid for the part + whatever labour to put right, if out of warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Oblomov wrote:

The 02 sensor or Lambda sensor reads the temperature of the exhaust gases and the variation in resistance corrects the mixture of fuel into the engine. Basically.

Not really. The lambda probe (or oxygen sensor) measures the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gasses.

Educational material

Advertisement