Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer Speakers on a TV???

• 10-08-2007 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, not sure where to post this so i'll try here... What we have at home is a set of Creative speakers, 5.1 things, they're the business hooked up to the PC, but they're kinda wasted, cos the PC is in a tiny room, all the speakers are stacked up together...

Is there a way of hooking those type of speakers up to my TV? We have a nice big widescreen JVC telly in our sitting room, nice big room, the speakers would work wonders there...

I have a feeling that it's not possible, but i said i'd check anyways...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

It's not something I've ever done but if the TV has a headphone socket you could use that. BTW, big rooms need big speakers but they' could be better than the TV speakers so worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya but the speakers have 3 cable things that plug into the PC... Hmm, might try it out some time in future...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

be careful hooking spekears up to a headphone socket. even though the socket is the same, a normal 3.5mm line out is not amplified while a headphone socekt is so that it can drive the heaqdphones. If you turn up the tv too much you could blow the speakers, or more likely get terribly distored sound as you exceed the input range of the speakers

Advertisement