Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There's a new club in town

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Best of look to Luke with this new venture. Wasn't the most enjoyable of tournaments from a personal perspective - but it was a good event. Decent money raised for charity which is the main thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Best of look to Luke with this new venture. Wasn't the most enjoyable of tournaments from a personal perspective - but it was a good event. Decent money raised for charity which is the main thing.

did many turn up Lloyd, why you not enjoy it dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

Tourney got 124 runners, $5000 raised for charity (4400 + 600 donated by boards) had a circa $16500 prize pool.

Very enjoyable atmosphere, and with starting stacks of 4000+2000 for the $25 charity donation, reasonable amount of play.

Knocked out at 1:30, still 58 runners left so will be a late one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Atmosphere was buzzing in there....Shame I donked away my chips but I was always making a donation in my current state of not knowing what is going on around me :)

Get well soon Wes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Just in from this. I'm fckin disgusted...

Was sittin on 56k, blinds 800/1500. Folded to me in the Cutoff and i make it 4600 to go with J8s, BB thinks for a bit and calls

Flop is Q96

He checks, i bet 6k, he raises to 18k and i call ( BB is a donkey, i'm 90% sure he's only trying to bluff the pot and seen my bet as a continuation bet. I was going to 3bet the flop but theres a part of me that thinks he may have something, so if he leads the turn, i'll fold)

Turn is 8

He checks and i bet 31k, leaving just 1300 or so chips on my cards. he counts out his chips, thinks for ages and says the immortal words...."I want to go home anyway" and makes the call leaving 1800 behind.

River 2 check check and he wins with a pair of 9s!

Table broke the next hand and i just left, 30ish players left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

LuckyLloyd wrote:

I didn't even think you were there Lloyd, I must have missed you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

ooo wee ooo i look just like buddy holly.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

connie147 wrote:
    Fcuk it anyway, had been making plans to attend this and then my mate goes and organises his stag to Galway this week-end. Just like to wish Luke and all his staff a successfull night.
    strange coincidence Connie, i'll be in galway for a stag tomorrow too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

just back from this. finished somewhere in the money towards the lower end which was ugh.
    learnt a couple of things which i might reflect on in due course. Lot of money raised as we were able to buy bonus chips twice. Oscar is a river card dealing sado.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The only hand I remember dealing you was a miracle J against Jays QQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Please tell me that wanker who knocked me out didn't win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

I get the impression Poker playing Geniuses = Pedantic little agnsty kids tbh. :rolleyes:

NickyOD wrote:
    Please tell me that wanker who knocked me out didn't win it.

Well he was chip leader when i was leaving. He told one player who he just knocked out in a big pot to "mind the trams on your way out". Obnoxious person when he gets going.

Oscar, only kidding. Just the way you deal the river with a flair!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

so here you go folks!

some pictures, some quite good actually! I'm delighted i took them now just for posterity.

Cuban Son, can I leave these in your capable hands? please feel free to do with them what you wish.

http://picasaweb.google.com/irishnikon/LukeSPlace

thanks for the cuban Aidan, i owe you a pint. congrats on u and nicky getting into the money. i was so tired by half three that i was in physical pain!

and that is a rifle Luke is holding, a Winchester repeater i believe.

Dom, go out and get some sunshine or you'll end up looking paler than Dev (what the devil was with that horn necklace! oh great white hunter! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

god i'm pretty.

so who won wha?

• Advertisement

love the pic's Des, seems like a really enjoyable night.

congrats on u and nicky getting into the money.

Nicky didnt make the money. He got dogged on the river aipf by his dear friend(right of picture)

Nicky didnt make the money. He got dogged on the river aipf by his dear friend(right of picture)

it was some horrendus call.

it was some horrendus call.

Yeah 35o or something v AQ. I believe there was some verbal history between them earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

Hopefully last night was the start of many good nights.

Like many others (I suppose) the very first Live game of poker i played was in the Merrion Square building. I was incredibly nervous about trying live poker and the atmosphere was very welcoming so I have an affection for the place ever since.

The first time I ever played a live cash game was soon after in he Fitz and Like was was very friendly there. had my initial experiences of live poker not been so pleasant I would not have ventured back.

I was very surprised last night when Luke recognized me and came over, he could not have seem more than a glimpse of me infrequently and certainly not once in the last 18 months. At the worst its great business savvy or genuine friendliness both which bode well. In fact i wasn't going to play tonite but I will go in for the tourney.

It was also to see Bohsman and Cuban Son doing some work for a change;)

And special Kudos to the Elegant attire of BigCityBanker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

sumoward wrote:

I was very surprised last night when Luke recognized me and came over, he could not have seem more than a glimpse of me infrequently and certainly not once in the last 18 months. At the worst its great business savvy or genuine friendliness both which bode well.

Agree 100%. Luke took my name at registration and remembered it throughout the night. Very impressed with him, he would be a great asset for any business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Yeah 35o or something v AQ. I believe there was some verbal history between them earlier.

There wasn't that much history. All I did was ask him to be quiet while I was involved in a hand and he wasn't. He took the hump and bitched and moaned about it for hours and hours. We had a few ding dong battles but no real verbals, especially not on my part. So then with 3 tables left he makes it 12K I move in for 40K with AQs and he calls with 36o. 3 on river.
    :rolleyes:

I did really enjoy the tournament though. Looking forward to many more great nights there.

NickyOD wrote:
    He too took the hump and bitched and moaned about it for hours and hours.

lol he kept on it for ages after you went too. called clock on me after about 30 seconds when willow raised me and he was already out of the hand but like you did yourself you just have to smile along and try to stack him with the best of it.

It's a good thing they ran out of wine. I'd had 7 glasses by this picture

http://picasaweb.google.com/irishnikon/LukeSPlace/photo#s5099982954887704066

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I think that's yer man Paddy, regular on the local scene. Had he a fairly strong Dublin accent? Get's tilty easily enough, hence his strange call, I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Anyone know if Eamon Connolly made the FT??

Great night last night. I started well but ran cold for about the last 3 hours. I dread to think what time this finished last night btw...

I think that's yer man Paddy, regular on the local scene. Had he a fairly strong Dublin accent? Get's tilty easily enough, hence his strange call, I'd imagine.

Paddy O'Neill - obnoxious arsehole.

Get's tilty easily enough, hence his strange call, I'd imagine.

Yeah thats him i know him from the S.E. He can be funny to listen to at times even just to liven up a quiet table but he's quite ignorant overall and when he drinks forgetaboutit. Its funny to watch him lose a pot, see him take the beat calmly for about 8 seconds before you can visibally see him washed over by a wave of tilt!.

• Advertisement

I didn't even think you were there Lloyd, I must have missed you.

Figured I was difficult to miss, lol!! Was downstairs the entire time and went off with Masters during the break. Didn't know you were back in Dublin.

Yeah thats him i know him from the S.E. He can be funny to listen to at times even just to liven up a quiet table but he's quite ignorant overall and when he drinks forgetaboutit. Its funny to watch him lose a pot, see him take the beat calmly for about 8 seconds before you can visibally see him washed over by a wave of tilt!.

"THAT'S POKER!!". Quite a smackable bloke to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Figured I was difficult to miss, lol!! Was downstairs the entire time and went off with Masters during the break. Didn't know you were back in Dublin.

Well in fairness Lloyd you were late and Reggie was an uncharacterictic 45 minutes early!! :eek:

You seemed very tilty last night Lloyd for some reason. Life tilt perhaps??

Its funny to watch him lose a pot, see him take the beat calmly for about 8 seconds before you can visibally see him washed over by a wave of tilt!.

QFT

ollyk1 wrote:
    Well in fairness Lloyd you were late and Reggie was an uncharacterictic 45 minutes early!! :eek:

You seemed very tilty last night Lloyd for some reason. Life tilt perhaps??

Ah, I was out till very late the previous night boozing and had had a long day at work. I was just really tired more than anything else.

Thought I played ok all the same - just got no help whatsoever from the deck. One hand I'm unsure about was when I laid down TPTK to 30Something after he check raised me very small and put me to a decision for my stack. I folded leaving myself 12 BBs. Meh.

Some of the play at my table really had to be seen before it could be believed. *Shrugs.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Figured I was difficult to miss, lol!!.

Ive got to rat out Doc Farrell here. We heard you before we saw you Lloyd. You were belly laugh chortling very very loudly. I heard Doc Farrell react with "Jesus Christ!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Paddys a good guy, hopefully he was involved in a deal with Dom, Willow and Mark, Eamonn made the final table, came 9th I think.

Surely personal abuse isnt allowed? I know if you went on the football forum and said that about anyone involved in football itd be a ban.

^^ is it classified as personal abuse? i was offering it forward as my opinion of him. further to say ive not seen much good in him.

karlh wrote:
    god i'm pretty.

so who won wha?

you may be pretty but there's no way you're as pretty as me, i mean have you seen me lately?! God, i'm gorgeous! Gorgeous!

so who did win wha?

p.s. paddy's one of the good guys, he might be having a few things going on right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I certainly have no problem with Paddy apart from him calling me 'dotsy' every time he saw me in the fitz.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Paddy really got on my wick all night. Normally I don't mind him, but he was really being an obnoxious cúnt last night. I started the FT with only 76k, but tripled up and then knocked Eamonn out with AQ vs K8 (blind it turned out). I was got up to over 400k then so flying. Lost a big pot (250k) to Paddy with AJ vs KJ, and did well to check behind on the river when he checked blind on a TTJA7 board, I just smelt a rat. Then a few hands later after getting some back off him in a battle of the blinds (10k/20k unraised) I held J8s. The flop came JT7, Paddy bet 20k, I made it 80k. Paddy bet 40k on a 9 on the turn which gave me the straight, I move in for 120k and Paddy instacalled with Q9. River was a fcuking 8 to make him Q high straight. Edit: 7 outer ftw. He then dogged Willow on the river with KQ vs her A7 on a AKx flop all in. Q on the river to knock me out in 5th for only €600, with €6900 for first.

He dogged so many people all night, and kept asking about 20 times every blind level "how much to play?" and "is there an ante?". This along with his habit of dogging someone and immediately saying "ok, next hand, move on". I know this is probably a deliberate ploy to tilt people, but my jesus was it annoying. I didn't let it affect how I played, but a bit of normal luck wouldn't have gone astray. He was huge chip leader when he knocked Willow out with about 3/4 of the chips in play, and one very weak player left. I hope the other lad, Mark won it, but the way Paddy was running I doubt it. I got knocked out at 7.20am.

Standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

this has to be the worlds smallest bow tie Tom!

Glad to hear that all went well on his opening night, luke is a freak for remembering names i really dont know how he does it but boy does it do well for him.

Paddy isnt the worst guy if you take him with a pinch of salt, i think a few of the comments above are a little OTT.

also DOTSY thats very funny, you will be known that from me too now!

Paddy isnt the worst guy if you take him with a pinch of salt, i think a few of the comments above are a little OTT!

I'd never met the guy and wouldn't have mentioned his name, but the way he acted last night the comments in this thread a perfectly justified.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

NickyOD wrote:
    I'd never met the guy and wouldn't have mentioned his name, but the way he acted last night the comments in this thread a perfectly justified.
    Thanks for paying for my toastie last night Nicky btw.

Joe - As I said, normally I don't mind Paddy, but last night was easily the worst I have seen him, and that isn't anything to do with the hands I lost against him, I expect him to play like that, but he was really obnoxious last night.

5starpool wrote:
    Thanks for paying for my toastie last night Nicky btw.

Joe - As I said, normally I don't mind Paddy, but last night was easily the worst I have seen him, and that isn't anything to do with the hands I lost against him, I expect him to play like that, but he was really obnoxious last night.

UL Dom, Paddy can be very rude while playing but if you let it get to you, thats it your gone. As Dom said its his plan to try put people on tilt...

this is so funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Thought I played ok all the same - just got no help whatsoever from the deck. One hand I'm unsure about was when I laid down TPTK to 30Something after he check raised me very small and put me to a decision for my stack. I folded leaving myself 12 BBs. Meh.

I remember that hand. I was BB with 5 8 off and flopped the nut straight. I couldnt decide between flat calling what I thought was your button steal or CRAI hoping you might think I was re-stealing, so I decided on a small rr hoping you might read me as weak. Im surprised you had TPTK, that was some lay down.

I was cruising nicely with about 40k blinds 500/1000 when I limped mp with KJ. table chip leader in BB made it 2 more bbs so I called. Flop was K high and I (as usual) slow played and checked. He checked too. Turn was a secd K and I checked like a non-chalont maniac (if there is such a thing). He checks too. River paired the board so I bet 3k, he raises to 8k I rr to 20k and we get it all in, he shows AK for the split. That hand really annoyed me cause I played it so bad.

Couple later Doc raises 3bbs, I rr 12bbs with AK and some guy "Im going home anyway" pushes with 33, doc gets out of the way and I put in another 1k to miss all 5 cards.

I grind it back up to 35k and lost in a hand that I posted elsewhere ........... left at 2.45am.

Great tourney for the structure that was in it and great crack at the tables. All kudos to Luke and the team - looking forward to many enjoyable evenings in there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

i am freakin out Muso, FREAKIN OUT!

those are the boys from full tilt btw.

Wes Farrell , did i take your picture? i wish u hadda come up and said hello. there were dozens there i kinda know enough to nod to but i don't really know their boards names if they have one.

i'm hoping to play lots of 100 euro sats for big games this year so if you see me there please introduce yourself as i can never remember names. 30something, cubanson, jayminator, bcb banker, i can never remember who is who on this site.

hope you enjoyed the pics and feel free to print them out and use them for whatever, blogs etc.
    best of luck, d.

edit: just took another look at my pics and they really are great.
    luke's daughter has such a beautiful smile and that waitress from mauritius i gave a lift home to is just stunning.
    i've had a great week and i'm dating a girl with a lovely bum. sometimes i love being me.
    wish i was a better final table card player though. bye now.

i am freakin out Muso, FREAKIN OUT!

those are the boys from full tilt btw.

Wes Farrell , did i take your picture? i wish u hadda come up and said hello. there were dozens there i kinda know enough to nod to but i don't really know their boards names if they have one.

i'm hoping to play lots of 100 euro sats for big games this year so if you see me there please introduce yourself as i can never remember names. 30something, cubanson, jayminator, bcb banker, i can never remember who is who on this site.

hope you enjoyed the pics and feel free to print them out and use them for whatever, blogs etc.
    best of luck, d.

edit: just took another look at my pics and they really are great.
    luke's daughter has such a beautiful smile and that waitress from mauritius i gave a lift home to is just stunning.
    i've had a great week and i'm dating a girl with a lovely bum. sometimes i love being me.
    wish i was a better final table card player though. bye now.

No i wasnt there Des, but i have talked to you a few times in the SE and the fitz, will introduce myself properly next time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Nicky did you call Paddy o neill a wanker to his face?
    Or are just another keyboard warrior and Noel calling him an obnoxious arsehole more personal abuse.
    But thats ok a mod agrees with you.
    Paddy is not a saint and can be annoying with drink on him but if you knew the man hes a decent bloke with a good heart one of the first guys i played with when i started a good character and agreat man to buy a round.

• Advertisement
Advertisement