Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Nice1. Sissoko is gonna wreak havok for and against us no doubt :)

Great to see Voronin starting.

And look at that bench! :eek: We could change into a very balanced 3-5-2 in an instant, should things be not going our way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Is Agger injured or something?
    I'm looking forward to this match a lot, it'll be a really interesting test for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hyypia at the back too. Not 100% sure about that. Who's up front for Sunderland? Hopefully they're not the quickest.

Some good attack minded players in the side though. Alsonso needs to have a good game. There's a lot of pressure on him to supply the right ball playing alongside Momo.

Yeah im a little worried about that too, could see players like Richardson and Edwards trying to come in a bit and get at Hypia. Need a big game from Carra as well.

Id have preferred Masch to Sissoko alright, or even Lucas now that Whitehead is injured. Happy with Voronin Torres Babel and Pennant all playing though, nice and attack minded. Would have picked Yossi over Pennant but meh.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

PHB wrote:
    Is Agger injured or something?
    I'm looking forward to this match a lot, it'll be a really interesting test for Liverpool.

I don't think so, rafa seems to prefer Sami in these kind of games that may be a battle. He also looks for games like this to rest his first choices for some positions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Voronin nearly scored within 30 seconds.

Hyypia got a right bang on the nose and has been subbed by Agger.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

stokes on for Sunderland

anyone know a good stream for this? all the ones i'm trying are either showing Inter instead or foooooked

Agger sounds like he's having a 'mare.

Liverpool need a goal before half time and Sissoko has scored as I type this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

holy mother of....

wtf

sissoko with a goal....a GOOD goal! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Goal! Momo! Well set up by Voronin from a loose ball in the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Daemonic

griffdaddy wrote:
    anyone know a good stream for this? all the ones i'm trying are either showing Inter instead or foooooked
    Channel 8 here

Sissoko scores :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

el rabitos wrote:
    holy mother of....

wtf

sissoko with a goal....a GOOD goal! :eek:

My sentiments exactly!!

And to think I wanted Masch to start :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

griffdaddy wrote:

Sissoko gets a goal :eek: low shot from outside box. very well struck

i'm watching on Share 2. not the best pic quality, but sound is good and no breakages. http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match1.htm

So then Sissoko scored the 7,000th league goal. Now why did'nt I follow up my earlier thought and place a bet? 66-1 :(;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cmon Liverpool thrash them :eek: 7091 milllion nil please!!

kdjac

Torres goes very close from a header, good save from the keeper but should probably have put it past him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

we didn't play well until we scored, and we looked dangerous from then on. If we don't get a second and a third i'll tear my hair out.

mike65 wrote:
    So then Sissoko scored the 7,000th league goal. Now why did'nt I follow up my earlier thought and place a bet? 66-1 :(;)

Mike.

i actually thought the same when i saw his name on the teamsheet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Torres should of scored that chance at half time. Great goal for Sissoko worthy of number 7000. Pennant is playing well. Now just need a second to finish this match off.

• Advertisement

darkskol wrote:
    Torres should of scored that chance at half time. Great goal for Sissoko worthy of number 7000. Pennant is playing well. Now just need a second to finish this match off.

Pennant is playing very well. He's really making that right wing slot his own.

Still not completely happy about how we're playing. I'll be a lot happier when we get a second.

Pennant is playing very well. He's really making that right wing slot his own.

Still not completely happy about how we're playing. I'll be a lot happier when we get a second.

He really is actually. Getting much better and looks a lot stronger on the ball and in the tackle then when he joined us. If he could add goals to his game we'd be laughing. He really needs to work on his left foot crossing/shooting though.

Gordon has made 2 or 3 good saves. With a bit of luck we could have been 3 or 4 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

havent been too impressed with either of the wide men tbh. neither have been picking the right passes or beating a player and whipping it in. both keep losing the ball a bit too often.

really need that 2nd goal though. sunderland look like they'll score a jammy 90th minute man utd style goal

Sloppy from Arbeloa

Corner results and needless pressure.

Mike.

i've been happy with pennant, his running has been decent, beaten players a few times and set up that fantastic chance for Torres.

Babel on the other hand, while ok in the first half (not great still though) has been anonymous in the second half. very dissappointed with him overall.
    <edit> he's off now for riise anyway. wait, no he's not im not sure whats going on. Carra is dying to come off.

• Advertisement

Babel's not looking very interested, think it's a real shame Yossi's not available to be brought on. Also, Torres showing worrying shades of Cisse - lots of pace, finishing less than clinical.

That CB cover would be real nice right now.

Carra off Riise on at some point.

Finally and Arbeloa to CB. Sh-it we're looking thin at the back.

Mike.

griffdaddy wrote:
    That CB cover would be real nice right now.

i think we'l get to see how true Rafa's claim that Arbeloa can play across the back 4 is!

jaysus, Carra is in a bad way. he's nearly begging the bench to bring him off.

then has a right go at the bench when they finally do. clutching his side, ribs? certainly wouldn't want to see him out for a bit, Pool having to make some sort of move in the market possibly this week

• Advertisement

liverpool looked under pressure last half hour...great goal by Voronin

Goal Voronin.

I can relax now.

indeed, well taken goal.

Delighted with Voronin scoring. fast becoming one of my favourite players. Looked like it meant a lot to him as well. Gonna prove to be fantastic value, scoring goals in more games then not, and a premiership debut goal is always nice, as well as a european debut goal. At the moment i'd def rather our Ukrainian over Chelsea's!

Rafa better have that defender Liverpool clearly need ready to sign.

Mike

mike65 wrote:
    Rafa better have that defender Liverpool clearly need ready to sign.

Mike

a bit of an "insider" type guy, similer to Bannor on another forum said we're pushing for Chiellini again. Hopefully!

Said on sky sports hypia had a broken nose but was reseted at half time (ouch!)
    Carragher's injury is more worrying, said he was off to hospital with the possibility of broken ribs(he was my captain for my fantasy football team too :()

hmmm, good win and second after 3 games can't be bad.

Not sure whether to be worried or not about Torres, he could have had 4 or 5 and looked uninterested for large periods. On the other hand maybe that was a bad game for him and he still could have had 4 or 5! I dunno.

Pennant was my man of the match without a shadow of a doubt although he faded a bit late on when the game lost it's shape.

jaysus, Carra is in a bad way. he's nearly begging the bench to bring him off.

then has a right go at the bench when they finally do. clutching his side, ribs? certainly wouldn't want to see him out for a bit, Pool having to make some sort of move in the market possibly this week

Reina rammed his knees into his side on the punch from the free kick, looked painful but not enough to break a rib. Hopefully he is just bruised.

thought Torres was fantastic, should have had a hat trick. And he got a nice assist for my fantasy football team.
    Pennant was very good. Alonso needs to be woken up - he has got caught in possession about 5 times in the last two games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

How was Pennant MOM, surely Gordon or Torres. Pennant made some nice runs, but in the end, didn't produce much with them. Torres was much more impressive.

If Carragher broke his ribs, how long can you expect him to be out for? Hyypia looks like he could be ok to play next week, but Agger and Hyypia isn't exactly a top class partnership. I'd say we might see a bit of a rushed buy now by Rafa.

PHB wrote:
    How was Pennant MOM, surely Gordon or Torres. Pennant made some nice runs, but in the end, didn't produce much with them. Torres was much more impressive.

If Carragher broke his ribs, how long can you expect him to be out for? Hyypia looks like he could be ok to play next week, but Agger and Hyypia isn't exactly a top class partnership. I'd say we might see a bit of a rushed buy now by Rafa.

well imo he was involved in or created nearly all our chances, including both goals.

Googled broken ribs. 6 to 8 weeks. Bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Good game. Easy enough win. Should've been more but Craig Gordon was pretty good. Sissoko to get the 7,000th goal, wonder what odds were on that.
    Babel looked very qutie, and actualyl got more into the game after he was supposed to be taken off. Should've netted two in the last couple of minutes, 2 on 1 with Torres and Vor and Vor just wanted Torres to score but couldn't make the pass. Happy with Voronin, dunno how long Rafa can keep Crouch and Masch happy tho.

this could be a blessing in disguise. Forces Rafa to think about cover. Much better that it happens this week then after the window closes. Hopefully carra will be fine, but at least it gets Rafa thnking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Job well done.

Could have been a worse for Sunderland bar Gordon; they might just stay up.

Babel was very poor. Voronin is indeed a class player. Torres was unlucky not to get a goal but I thought his overall play was great.
    Excellent to see our front two still hunting down defenders with 2 mins to go on the clock.

7 from 3 games. Happy out :)

Oh, an Momo getting the 7k, ffs I even joked about it before the match started. Records books will be a good read!

Kanney wrote:
    dunno how long Rafa can keep Crouch and Masch happy tho.

Both will be playing in the Toulouse game anyway as well as Yossi and Kuyt. Prob Sissoko with Masch i'd say.
    Googled broken ribs. 6 to 8 weeks. Bugger.

I think thats to be fully healed. Im not sure but i have recollections of people coming back after only even 2 or 3 weeks with their sides fully bandaged up. Fingers crossed they're not broken anyway. The contact didnt look enough for a break, but you never know..

On a major plus point, Sissoko looked a much more complete midfielder today. Still a few misplaced passes, but a big improvement on the past. Alonso meanwhile didnt look himself at all..how long before Masch takes his automatic starting place i wonder..

I agree about it being difficult keeping Crouch happy, but I don't think Masch will have the same problem. I think he'll be first choice, he's just getting back to fitness after the summer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

IMO Gordon was MOM,he could be the player to keep Sunderland up.What age is the lad...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Someon needs too tell Torres and Voronin that your better hittign the ball away from the keeper if you want too score.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement