Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Celtic V barca
    Lyon V Man Utd
    Schalke V Porto
    Liverpool V Inter
    Roma V Madrid
    Arsenal V Milan
    Olymp1acos V Chelsea
    Fenerbache V Seville

Utd, Chelsea & Seville get the easier draws. Inter were the team I wanted to avoid most of all. Gonna be tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Tusky wrote: »
    Celtic V barca
    Lyon V Man Utd
    Schalke V Porto
    Liverpool V Inter
    Roma V Madrid
    Arsenal V Milan
    Olymp1acos V Chelsea
    Fenerbache V Seville

Utd, Chelsea & Seville get the easier draws. Inter were the team I wanted to avoid most of all. Gonna be tough.

I think Lyon was the toughest draw that Utd could have got. Inter are the form team in Europe but a lot can change in 10 weeks. Surely Milan will pull up their socks - they have yet to win in the San Siro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

bring it on :D

1-0 (h)
    1-1(a)

oobydooby wrote: »
    I think Lyon was the toughest draw that Utd could have got. Inter are the form team in Europe but a lot can change in 10 weeks. Surely Milan will pull up their socks - they have yet to win in the San Siro.

Yeah, I wasnt really thinking about who they could have got...more so looking at all the games in isolation and thinking who should go through. Utd should be able to beat Lyon, although, granted, they could have gotten an easier team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

sweetie wrote: »
    bring it on :D

1-0 (h)
    1-1(a)

Wouldnt say no to that. Wonder what odds you'd get on those results and Danny Agger to score?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

I know there on form now but i would still prefer inter to ac,barca,sevilla,lyon and real madrid!could have been alot worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

Anyone know if the portsmouth game is on Setanta tomorrow. I know it's the game on today fm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Inter don't perform in the Champions League, and their style of play will suit us. Better than Milan or Barca, I say. We can take them!

TedKelly wrote: »
    Anyone know if the portsmouth game is on Setanta tomorrow. I know it's the game on today fm.

nope,its not on any channel

ah well, will be listening to the wireless so, cheers.

• Advertisement

if i get an internet stream can i post it on here?

you can use this to check whats on www.livesportontv.com it only lists the english channels,but you can set up an account select the sports you watch and the channels you have and it will only show them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

dc69 wrote: »
    nope,its not on any channel

Ehm...it's on Setanta Sports 1.

Inter, we're gonna have to raise our game alot for them. They're hardly gonna be pushovers, and their midfield will be back to fitness for the games. That means coping with Viera, Ibrahimovic, Crespo (who likes scoring against us), Figo, Stankovic et al. We can do it, but as I said, we need a massive improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

if i get an internet stream can i post it on here?

yeah it should be ok. there's also a big mad thread on streams somewhere.

Is it...... yipee!

fraid not,dont know where you are getting that,doesnt come up in my epg,isnt listed on setanta website and not on livesportontv.com,so dont think they are showing it

Its not on anywhere as far as I can see.

It's coming up on my EPG that it's on Setanta 1.

EDIT: And showing up on setanta.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Sky Digital tv guide says it's on Setanta Sports 1

Reason why you are not seeing it on the websites is because it's Ireland exclusive, and you are looking at UK versions of the site

I am a genius

Yeah unearthly has it right,its on setanta sports 1 only in Ireland,lucky us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If its on the 'as live' repeat will be on Setanta Ireland at about 10 pm.

Mike.

• Advertisement

I dunno,if its not on the website i wouldnt trust it tbh,we will have to wait and see:)

Check my edit.

Ah, right you are.

Setanta.com - 22 Dec Liverpool v Portsmouth 3:00 PM

theres a rule in england that has something to do with nobody going to see lower division football matches and some premiership matches on at certain times arent alowed to be broadcast anywhere in the uk.doesnt affect us though!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

no live football on TV on a saturday from 3-5pm in the UK to encourage attendances i thought everyone knew that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

zOMG

It's on Setanta Ireland? That's the one I have on my NTL analog basic package. :cool:

WooT \o/

The-Rigger wrote: »
    zOMG

It's on Setanta Ireland? That's the one I have on my NTL analog basic package. :cool:

WooT \o/

Afraid not..I think its on the Irish Setanta Sports 1...

Lineup : Reina, Arbeloa, Riise, Carragher, Hyypia, Mascherano, Gerrard, Benayuon, Kewell, Kuyt, Torres

Same side that played utd & Porto. Not including the Carling cup game, thats an unchanged side for the last 3 games!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Riise, Hyypia, Carragher, Mascherano, Gerrard, Benayoun, Kewell, Torres, Kuyt. Subs: Itandje, Aurelio, Babel, Voronin, Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Reina, Arbeloa, Riise, Hyypia, Carragher, Mascherano, Gerrard, Benayoun, Kewell, Torres, Kuyt.
    Subs: Itandje, Aurelio, Babel, Voronin, Lucas.

Too slow guys...too slow. Maybe next time, yeah ? :p

• Advertisement

yea nice after edit. . . . i was the fastest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Tusky wrote: »
    Afraid not..I think its on the Irish Setanta Sports 1...

Lineup : Reina, Arbeloa, Riise, Carragher, Hyypia, Mascherano, Gerrard, Benayuon, Kewell, Kuyt, Torres

Same side that played utd & Porto. Not including the Carling cup game, thats an unchanged side for the last 3 games!

Bastarding Paddy Power says Setanta Irl :mad:

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Bastarding Paddy Power says Setanta Irl :mad:

Ive just turned on Setanta Sports 1 and they are doing pre-match stuff so pretty sure its on there. Bummer :(

If you have a decent internet connection try www.football4less.com usually have all the streams.

reasonable start mascheranos attacking exploits are a constant source of humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

mayordenis wrote: »
    reasonable start mascheranos attacking exploits are a constant source of humour

it's a pity that's all they are a source of.

he also provides a source of defensive cover that is unparalleled in world football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

1-0 Benayoun. Assist from Harry.

hilarious 2-0 own goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

2-0, Distin o.g. Pompey defence is pushed high up and Torres' pace from deep is hurting them a lot.

Good performance so far without really getting out of 2nd gear. Portsmouth haven't been great.

Harry Kewell & Mascherano have both been fantastic thus far. Mascheranos passing at times can be great, maybe hes been taking tips from Alonso ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

2-1 benjani

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

3-1 Torres

Should be 3-0, Liverpool were sloppy for about 10 mins.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

4-1 Torres again.

Thats better, and they say Spanish strikers need time to get used to the English game.

Today FM commentary team are buffoons - "Liverpool won't have played an easier game this season" Can't have seen Derby, Besiktas, Marseille.

Mike.

Torres joint top scorer on 14. Great game from Torres, Kewell & most of all, Mascherano.

Torres - 14
    Ronaldo - 14(2 pens)
    Keane - 12(2 pens)
    Santa Cruz - 11
    Gerrard - 11(3 pens)

Is that all competition?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

decent performance with the usual exceptions - Riise was as calamitous as ever in defence and as useless as ever in attack. Benayoun was poor apart from his goal and Kuyt was largely awful. Torres didn't actually do great until his goals but i'll forgive him, Kewell was good in the first half, Mascherano was immense throughout. Gerrard's passing was a little off. I love Babel.

Torres can be a crap as he likes if he scores when the chance appears :)
    Babel/Torres could be the default pairing by the end of the season.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

mike65 wrote: »
    Babel/Torres could be the default pairing by the end of the season.

Mike.

Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

decent performance with the usual exceptions - Riise was as calamitous as ever in defence and as useless as ever in attack. Benayoun was poor apart from his goal and Kuyt was largely awful. Torres didn't actually do great until his goals but i'll forgive him, Kewell was good in the first half, Mascherano was immense throughout. Gerrard's passing was a little off. I love Babel.

You on a wind-up or what? If not then pull your head out of your arse would ya? Thanks!!

Sheeesh! Some right beauts on here who like to pretend their Eamonn Dunphy!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement