Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

Anybody hav a link for saturdays goals??? havnt seen them yet! say an interview wit rafa and the reporter was saying that the first half was probably the best football we've played this season! was this a fair comment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Call_me_al wrote: »
    why is that? coz they show them all?
    ITV get first two picks on Tuesday nights leaving Sky with the rest. Sky show all Wednesday matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is the game on anywhere on Stevens day ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Tusky wrote: »
    Is the game on anywhere on Stevens day ?

Not sure,I will check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

doesn't look like it is according to this http://livesportontv.com/sportindex.php?id=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nope only 2 games Stephens day, Arsenal Pompey in the evening and Reading v someone in the morning.

Bah. Ive gotten used to watching every game, its a kick in the nuts when they aint on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

are they showing a game on the free Setanta? Setanta Ireland is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

Cheers for the goal links mike!
    j.p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Unearthly wrote: »
    Nope only 2 games Stephens day, Arsenal Pompey in the evening and Reading v someone in the morning.

It's crap that there's no 3pm game as usual on Setanta...must be something stupid in the contract that they can only show these games on Saturdays?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Fairly silly the way the packages are split up but they have to be carved up some way and there's no way to please everyone.

At least the games against citeh and luton are being televised. Don't think the Wigan game between 'em is though. After that I think we've to wait until the Villa game on Jan 21st for another televised game.

Bring back ART ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On behalf of everybody at Liverpool Football Club I'd like to wish all our supporters a very happy christmas.

Wherever you're enjoying today's festivities, I hope you have a great time with your friends, family and loved ones. Hopefully we can give you all a belated present tomorrow with three points at Derby County.

This is always a very busy and important period of the Premier League season with lots of games in a short space of time, but I am confident we have the players and the quality within the squad to cope with the challenges which lie ahead and keep our title dreams alive going into the new year.

When I wrote this time last year I said I was sure we had made progress - and the same applies this time around.

In my mind there is no doubt we have a better squad now than twelve months ago, we have more quality all over the pitch and I am convinced we are continuing to take the club in the right direction.

It has been a year which has seen us again qualify for the Champions League through our league position, we've reached another European final and of course we have recently booked our place in the last sixteen of this season's competition.

We have been able to improve the squad by bringing in a number of top class players, all of whom have shown their ability and their desire to play for this great club.

The Premier League is tougher to win than ever before and I think the race could go down to the wire this year. Points are being won and lost every week by the top teams and if that continues then there's no doubt we're in for an exciting second half of the season.

We are closer than we have been over recent years at this stage and that, to me, highlights the improvements we have made. We have a squad of players with great hunger and a determination to succeed and I can promise you that we will all be doing everything we can to give ourselves the best possible chance of enjoying a successful season.

It just remains for me to again wish you a merry christmas, to pass on my appreciation for the fantastic support you have given the club during 2007 and to pass on my thanks for all the christmas cards I have received over the last few weeks from all over the world.

I hope you all have a great 2008.

Regards,

Rafa.

Gawd bless the Squire! :D(but please Rafa pick your strongest 11 to start tomorrows game).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

And merry christmas all ye Kopites.

Thanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is the match on tv?

Actually, what matches are on tv?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

West Ham v Reading at 13:00
    Pompey v Arsenal at 19:45

I'm lucky enough to be able to see Sunderland v Man U at some ungodly hour here in Auckland.

Tough being a football fan at GMT+13.00

Liverpool game not on tv. Will have to find a stream.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i believe in you tusky

I'm more concerned with the starting 11 to be honest.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    i believe in you tusky

The force is with me! I can feel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tough being a football fan at GMT+13.00
    Yep, it sure is.

It's even worse being a LoI fan at GMT+13 though.

Getting out of bed to read text messages :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mike65 wrote:
    I'm more concerned with the starting 11 to be honest.

Mike.

My prediction anyway is;

Reina
    Arbeloa
    Hypia
    Carra
    Aurelio
    Riise
    Alonso
    Gerrard
    Babel
    Voronin
    Crouch

Would be ok with that once Torres is on the bench. Its the only realistic option he could be left out of with Man City and Wigan in the next few days.

Crouch is suspended ya dope!

Nah prefer Torres to start then get subbed at half-time 2 up.

Mike.

i want torres to get the golden boot so lets get him starting today :P

mike65 wrote:
    Crouch is suspended ya dope!

Nah prefer Torres to start then get subbed at half-time 2 up.

Mike.

Oh bugger yeah forgot! Thats a -1 for fantasy Rafa anyway!
    In that case Voro and Torres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    My prediction anyway is;

Reina
    Arbeloa
    Hypia
    Carra
    Aurelio
    Riise
    Alonso
    Gerrard
    Babel
    Voronin
    Crouch

Would be ok with that once Torres is on the bench. Its the only realistic option he could be left out of with Man City and Wigan in the next few days.

close!

liverpool team:
    Reina, Finnan, Aurelio, Carragher, Hyypia, Gerrard, Alonso, Babel, Riise, Voronin, Torres. Subs: Itandje, Benayoun, Lucas, Kuyt, Mascherano.

Call_me_al wrote:
    close!

liverpool team:
    Reina, Finnan, Aurelio, Carragher, Hyypia, Gerrard, Alonso, Babel, Riise, Voronin, Torres. Subs: Itandje, Benayoun, Lucas, Kuyt, Mascherano.

Bugger, would have been a ten if not for forgetting about crouchy :(

Nice to see Finnan is finally back fit again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

any links for the game lads?

I hear Derbys keeper injured himself in the warm up (that one a Manc board so it must be true!)

Mike.

Soccer Saturday said Torres is on the bench :confused:

EDIT: Just corrected themselves

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote:
    any links for the game lads?

The sopcast Star Sports SEA one on Rojadirecta is working perfectly for me (currently showing the Spurs game, but due to change after), with english commentary.

Channel - 6029

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Should be able to catch it on one of the streams from here:
    http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/index2.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

thanks folks

Goal Torres

Torres with a great goal apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Lovely goal. Torres beat 2 and tucked it into the corner with his left.

We're playing way too many long balls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

really classy goal from torres that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

From the BBC:
    Fernando Torres opens the scoring for Liverpool with a superb individual goal. He manages to persuade Darren Moore to fall on his backside with a swivel of his Spanish hips and then closes in on goal before slotting home with style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

PHB wrote: »
    Fernando Torres opens the scoring for Liverpool with a superb individual goal. He manages to persuade Darren Moore to fall on his backside with a swivel of his Spanish hips and then closes in on goal before slotting home with style.:

that sounds all kinds of wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Carra nearly scored a beaut there.. Would have been his best ever (not much competition mind ;))

• Advertisement

I only tuned in just after the goal. Liverpool playing pretty poorly but Derby are even worse. Didn't see the Torres goal.

[edit] Just saw it on the reply. Amazing goal!

great goal not much else other than that though liverpool looking pretty disinterested

mayordenis wrote: »
    great goal not much else other than that though liverpool looking pretty disinterested

Torres has scored more goals than Derby this season! Liverpool looking pretty bad thus far though. They should kill the game off and then give Gerrard & Torres a rest for City.

Yossi on for Hypia. Tactical or injury ? BBC saying injury ? Watching it but had left the pc for a min

We seem to be playing 3-4-3...wtf

Reina

Finnan
    Carragher----Aurelio

Benayoun--Alonso--Gerrard--Riise

----Voronin---Torres---Babel

weird

[edit] riise seems to have dropped back to LB with Aurelio at CB and Babel on the left.. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Why is it still only 1-0? Are Liverpool playing badly or are they just not caring and happy with the 1-0?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

The beeb are saying that Riise is going into the centre of defense? Whats that about? Since I'm watching the Leinster match, I can't check on the Pool game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Why is it still only 1-0? Are Liverpool playing badly or are they just not caring and happy with the 1-0?

Yes.

Seems to be a bit of both. Not really pushing themselves

• Advertisement

Bit of both. Liverpool not taking control of the game but Derby dont look very dangerous. As I was writing this Liverpool almost scored.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement