Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Bloody typical. I could see that happening.

1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It'll be fine, came way way too early. Too much time for Liverpool to become good again. Liverpool would have to be very very very poor not to win this game still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

1-1. Not surprised at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

christ

mite be an idea to bring on Kuyt for Voro since Kewell not on bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

PHB wrote: »
    It'll be fine, came way way too early. Too much time for Liverpool to become good again. Liverpool would have to be very very very poor not to win this game still.

Hope so. Liverpool have been awful thus far. Gifted the come back to Derby. If we cant get a goal against Derby in 20 minutes we dont deserve the 3 points.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    mite be an idea to bring on Kuyt for Voro since Kewell not on bench

Babel's been muck in the second half though and Harry's not on the bench.

Babel's just been subbed for Kuyt now anyway.

Edit - completely misread what you posted. Need sleep.

So close by Gerrard..!

[edit] Even though Babel was poor I would have taken off Aurelio as he has much less chance of getting us a goal.

Babel's been muck in the second half though and Harry's not on the bench.

Babel's just been subbed for Kuyt now anyway.

thats true, im always a bit wary of voro or kuyt playing wide though.

Christ we really need a result from this game, especially as it was a very strong starting 11.

Agh that was a chance!

• Advertisement

Voronin should have done better! A draw here is unthinkable...specially as Chelsea have drawn. This is an EASY match to gain points on them.

maybe for last 10 might be an idea to take off a defender, put on Lucas and allow Gerrard to push right on. We need to be going all out for this.

New manager syndrome eh, i'd feel sorry for Derby if they got this, they might get some hope of staying up, but it really would be temporary.

I wonder what odds I could get on Gerrard scoring a last minute winner, I tell ya, it wouldn't be a bad bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm stressed watching Soccer Saturday here

hit the bar!!!

PHB wrote:
    I wonder what odds I could get on Gerrard scoring a last minute winner, I tell ya, it wouldn't be a bad bet.

! way to jinx us!

christ the short passing sometimes this season has been absolutely woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

! way to jinx us!

He does it on purpose.

Shoulda put that bet on!!

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

nice call;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

bastards:(

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss

phb you scare me sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

It sure wouldn't. 2-1 Gerrard

PHB I love you! Ill actually pay you to post that comment everytime we're drawing coming to the end of the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Ah well ,at least the title challenge will last another few days.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Get in my son! 2-1

11 goals in the last 13 from Gerrard. He was exceptional in the second half. Hit the bar, had a couple of shots saved and made that goal himself.

Scored in the 90th minute.

it's a gift :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

what a joke of a team. thats just embarassing, same two players save is in every ****in game.

lame ass houllier era like stuff, winning matches and being more dissapointed than happy, the good times are back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

PHB I love you! Ill actually pay you to post that comment everytime we're drawing coming to the end of the game!

Definitely one for the superstitions thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

you guys are possibly the most irritating team of all time, play ****e, deserve to slip up and get gifted a goal with the last kick of the game, i truly do hate liverpool football club, nothing against any of you though.......sort of...

Tusky wrote: »
    11 goals in the last 13 from Gerrard. He was exceptional in the second half. Hit the bar, had a couple of shots saved and made that goal himself.

Scored in the 90th minute.

I don't think any Liverpool player was exceptional today. Worst performance I've seen in a long long time.

We got out of jail today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

kryogen wrote: »
    you guys are possibly the most irritating team of all time, play ****e, deserve to slip up and get gifted a goal with the last kick of the game, i truly do hate liverpool football club, nothing against any of you though.......sort of...

Calm Down :p

el rabitos wrote: »
    what a joke of a team. thats just embarassing, same two players save is in every ****in game.

lame ass houllier era like stuff, winning matches and being more dissapointed than happy, the good times are back!

Shut up.

Rooney & Ronaldo
    Drogba & Lampard
    Adebayor & Fabregas

Liverpools strikes combined have scored more than any other teams this season (all comps). Gerrard & Torres are vitally important but every team has important players.
    I don't think any Liverpool player was exceptional today. Worst performance I've seen in a long long time.

We got out of jail today

It was one of the worst performances this season alright. Gerrard was brilliant int he last 20 minutes though...maybe not the whole of the second half.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    play ****e, deserve to slip up and get gifted a goal with the last kick of the game,

Funnily enough, I've used those exact words to describe another "top 4" club on many occasions.

Get over it

lol i am kind of calm, was just enjoying my stephens day! it was almost perfect, chelsea drop points, united win 4-0 in 1st gear with fletcher,o shea and saha in the starting XI and derby were looking good to take a couple of points off ye!!! ruined! although you could see what was going to happen from when derby equalised, i get a feeling of deja vu in these tpye of games, i definatly have seen you do that before! :p

ah well, your performance was very poor today, why do you think that was with such a strong team named?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

terrible game - must say though torres and gerrard popped up with the goods but in my eyes were two of the worst players today,gerrard only started trying from the 85th minute on and torres stopped being bothered after say 15 minutes, not good.

Funnily enough, I've used those exact words to describe another "top 4" club on many occasions.

Get over it

im not here for an arguement (though never adverse to one) so dont draw me out please! its annoying, if we did it you guys would be thinking and saying the same thing!!, yes we play ****e and win too...every team does at some stage. i am already "over it" if you wanna continue i suggest you "bring it" and other such cool gangsta american sayings or whatever....yada yada

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Tusky wrote: »
    Shut up.

Rooney & Ronaldo
    Drogba & Lampard
    Adebayor & Fabregas

Liverpools strikes combined have scored more than any other teams this season (all comps). Gerrard & Torres are vitally important but every team has important players.

bollox, no "top 4" team relies on the same 2 players more than we do. so do us a favour and shut up defending sub par crap. with players of the calibre that are in that team we should be able to play football, instead we've barely played anything resembling a good game since the first international break.

struggling against derby ffs

• Advertisement

Lads no need to tell people to shut up, lets keep it civil.

I find it odd that people still use that phrase, playing poorly but still winning is the sign of champions.
    What you don't seem to get is that implies that you often play well and win. Then on the odd occassion, you play poorly, yet you still win. Arsenal have played in 18 games this year, won 13, drew 4, lost one. Some of those wins were shocking wins, really didn't deserve it, rode their luck completely, like say the Spurs game or the Sunderland game. In general though, they play well and win.

Liverpool have not been doing this. They have won a good few games well, won a couple of games just, and dropped lots of points. Arsenal haven't done the last part. That's the sign of champions, not slipping up every third game. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Liverpools biggest run of wins in a row has been 3. That was stopped by Reading. The runs of 2 wins have been stopped by Portsmouth, and the other run of 2 games is currently going. That's one run of 3 wins, two runs of 2 wins. The rest have all been win then a draw, then a win, then a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

We got out of jail today
    I agree with this. Maybe the team overdosed on turkey :)? They seemed to start okay but then just couldn't seem to collectively step up a gear or two to finish Derby off by getting a second or a third. We were well and truly rescued by Gerrard. Hopefully Sami isn't too badly hurt for Man City and please, please let Kuyt and Voronin re-discover the goal-scoring knack that has deserted them of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

bollox, no "top 4" team relies on the same 2 players more than we do. so do us a favour and shut up defending sub par crap. with players of the calibre that are in that team we should be able to play football, instead we've barely played anything resembling a good game since the first international break.

struggling against derby ffs

so much wrong with this post its beyond belief

Mr Alan wrote: »
    so much wrong with this post its beyond belief

im not saying i completely agree with everything in that post but can you please explain to me why it is so wrong its beyond belief?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

bollox, no "top 4" team relies on the same 2 players more than we do.

Bollox !!!

Do you really think that Chelsea would have conceded all those goals today if Cech and Tery were there ?
    A third of all Uniteds goals come from ronaldo and he gets a sack load of assists, without him and ferdinand they would be in real trouble.
    And as for Arsenal, we have seen what happens to them when Fabregas is unavailable....

And as for struggling against Derby, I would be surprised if their keeper does not get very high ratings in the papers tomorrow, we were all over them and looked very assured in defence until riise went CB

And as for not playing a good game since the break. Do you watch liverpool play at all ? Marseille ? Porto ? Portsmouth ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Bollox !!!

Do you really think that Chelsea would have conceded all those goals today if Cech and Tery were there ?

I hate to break this to you but.........

Bollox !!!

Bollox!! :p

Cech was in goal for Chelsea today

That was why I said Cech and Terry. As opposed to Cech or Terry. *

* Wonder will I get away with that ;)

ill put this one in plainly and simply for you guys

Chelsea:
    Cech,Terry,Lampard,Drogba........Carvallho,Essien,Cole

Arsenal:
    Toure,Fabregas,Van Persie,Adebayor.......Hleb,Rosicky,Flamini

Man United:
    VDS,Rio,Ronaldo,Rooney........Hargeaves,Vidic,Anderson,Tevez,Evra

Liverpool:
    Reina? Carra? gerrard,torres

theres the difference..............

That is neither plain nor simple, I have absolutely no idea what you are saying. Not sure what the question marks are for, nor the dots between some players and others, or the reason you chose the order you put the teams in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement