Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Des- why would you want to see me cry?

Utd won the league yesterday podge! did ya not hear? Arsenal dropped points, Utd on top, its all over now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Des- why would you want to see me cry?

I think it would be funny.

nasty des, nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

PHB wrote: »
    I don't think Liverpool can compete with the other 4 over the league, by which I mean that I don't think that theres any chance they can come first. They can defo beat one or two of the teams if they have a bad season, but in terms of coming first in the league, they aren't good enough to compete.
    In a cup competition, they can compete with all of them.

And what? That can never change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Got the euro strip from santy but I'm debating what name to get on the back of it, I've got Torres on the away strip so I dunno who to get on this one. Don't really want Gerrard so it might be Carragher. Any suggestions?

As for the result, very disappointed with the performance but still we won and the 3 points are all that matters. Citeh will be a tough game on Sunday but we should be able to beat them, seeing as how our away form is great this year (apart from Reading).

• Advertisement

Lucas!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mascherano or Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Riise

Heinze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Liddell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Heinze

:D

well played

Ooh Masche or Lucas, like those!

Anyone know of any sports shops in Dublin/Blanchardstown do the Euro printing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Keep in mind Lucas has Leiva on the back of his i think!

Ste, thats funny, i was chattin with someone about Liddell the other day. I've never seen him play, but from what i've read about him he seemed like a real hero of a man. Real shame he came just before the real period of success.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Keep in mind Lucas has Leiva on the back of his i think!

Ste, thats funny, i was chattin with someone about Liddell the other day. I've never seen him play, but from what i've read about him he seemed like a real hero of a man. Real shame he came just before the real period of success.

Im pretty sure he has Lucas on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

According to the online shop Lucas 21 is his number. Personally I'd go for Agger 5 or Dalglish 7 :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Nobody mentioning Sissoko ?

d22ontour wrote: »
    Nobody mentioning Sissoko ?

SSSSH Rafa might hear you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Aldridge

Tusky wrote: »
    Im pretty sure he has Lucas on the back.

oops, my mistake!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Lets hope someone comes in with a big money offer for Sissoko in Jan.....!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'm sure if we had a whip-around we could table an acceptable bid.

Say about £500.

Come on lads, it's for a good cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Another promising youngster added to the ranks:

Link

Link2

Ross County winger Alex Cooper has signed for English Premiership club Liverpool.

The 16-year-old, son of Aberdeen's Gothenburg Great Neale Cooper, has been tracked by several leading clubs, including Celtic.

But he has opted to join Rafa Benitez's club on a three-and-a-half year deal, following former County prospect Gary Mackay Steven who moved to Merseyside in a £100,000 deal this year.

County will receive a similar fee for Cooper and director of football George Adams said: "It was always a question of when and not if Alex would get a move to a big club and I am delighted he has got his chance after doing so well for us.

"He is a terrific young lad who comes from a great football family and he has worked really hard to get his move. He is a left-sided player who is quick and aggressive and the fact he was called up for Scotland under-17s while he was playing for a Second Division club shows his quality."

County goalkeeper Mark Ridgers joined Hearts in a £40,000 deal in May and Adams believes the conveyor belt of young talent in the Highlands will continue.

He said: "The length of contract Liverpool have given Alex shows how highly they rate him.

"We have a tremendous relationship with Liverpool and it is great for the young players at Ross County to see what can be achieved with hard work and dedication.

"I also think it is a feather in the cap for us that while we are working towards getting out of the Second Division this season, we are still producing young players who are interesting some of the biggest clubs in the world."

Former County manager Cooper is delighted with the move. He said: "All his family are delighted Alex has been given the opportunity to sign for Liverpool.

"He could have gone to one or two other clubs but he just loved the way he was treated by Liverpool when he was there.

"They've invited the whole family to go and see the set-up for ourselves early in the new year, something we're all looking forward to."

Comments below from a Ross County site

Given everything I've heard abvout Alex Cooper's ability 100k could be an absolute bargain for Liverpool (For whom 100k is a drop in the ocean of course).

Link3

That was a good couple of days for Liverpool. We won while Arsenal, Chelsea, Portsmout & Man City drew so we gained a few points. If we can beat City on Sunday it would be a massive boost.

By the way anybody at a lose end tonight we have a gig on in The Tram on James Street,its a Q&A night with ALAN KENNEDY DAVID FAIRCLOUGH AND THE EUROPEAN CUP...and its the real Cup.

If anybody is interested PM me or log onto Irishkop.com as I will be off line in a while for the day.

That was a good couple of days for Liverpool. We won while Arsenal, Chelsea, Portsmout & Man City drew so we gained a few points. If we can beat City on Sunday it would be a massive boost.
    Fingers crossed the team can do the business! It's an away match so it'll be tough. Even more so given our current defensive frailty.

malice_ wrote: »
    Fingers crossed the team can do the business! It's an away match so it'll be tough. Even more so given our current defensive frailty.

We have the best away record in the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Its been a pretty easy away list for your lads though.

They've won 6 away from home and those 6 have been: Wigan, Derby, Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa(last minute goal), Everton(last minute goal)

United have beaten Sunderland, Liverpool, Villa, Birmingham and Everton and were a minute away from beating Arsenal.

Its all about context!

Pighead wrote: »

They've won 6 away from home and those 6 have been: Wigan, Derby, Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa(last minute goal), Everton(last minute goal)

United have beaten Sunderland, Liverpool, Villa, Birmingham and Everton and were a minute away from beating Arsenal.

Its all about context!
    Derby was a last minute goal too :p. We might have the best away record in the league but I always like to be playing at home. Maybe it's just the ghosts of seasons past when we used to play teams like Man City (the Stuart Pearce version) on their home patch and not just lose but lose while playing really badly.

Its all about context!

Eh...what? Do games in which you score with a last minute goal count for less ? Or do games in which you almost win count for more ?

My original point (that we have the best away record) stands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Eh...what? Do games in which you score with a last minute goal count for less ? Or do games in which you almost win count for more ?

My original point (that we have the best away record) stands.
    Keep your knickers on buddy! I never questioned your original point. Was just highlighting the fact that although Liverpool have the best away record thus far , that stat doesn't look quite so good when you see who they've beaten.

He means the fact that Hyppia and Agger are out. Leaving Hobbs to step in, wouldn't be too confident in him, yet, to step into a big game like this.

Keep your knickers on buddy! I never questioned your original point. Was just highlighting the fact that although Liverpool have the best away record thus far , that stat doesn't look quite so good when you see who they've beaten.

My knickers were never off. Eh, I mean, boxers. My secrets out :(
    He means the fact that Hyppia and Agger are out. Leaving Hobbs to step in, wouldn't be too confident in him, yet, to step into a big game like this.

Could go for something like this -

Finnan--Arbeloa--Carragher--Riise/Aurelio

I think Arbeloa has the flu so may not be able to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Got the euro strip from santy but I'm debating what name to get on the back of it, I've got Torres on the away strip so I dunno who to get on this one. Don't really want Gerrard so it might be Carragher. Any suggestions?

my next jersey will have either Gerrard, Torres or Agger, so i would recommend any of them!

*** Totally useless observation alert**** Just spotted a bit of lazy journalismon Soccer AM (lazy journalism on sky? I hear you say. I know, I'm as shocked as you) They have a stat of the year section that said some Chelsea kid hasnt the highest squad number and then showed Robinson and said he isthe joint lowest with 19 other Premier keppers (no 1 obviously) but we havent had a no1 since Dudek left:). ****Totally useless observation alert******

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm not sure which is most shocking, that you were watching Soccer AM and admitted it, or that you noticed the above factoid error.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Or that you thought that we would be in any way interested ;)

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm not sure which is most shocking, that you were watching Soccer AM and admitted it, or that you noticed the above factoid error.

Mike.

Hey, Brucie Grobbelaar is on.

Much more important is that Tom Hicks has, yet again not helped anyone by opening his mouth about the spat, but this time he's added salt but criticising Liverpools performance against Man Utd. Had Liverpool won that game it would have been with the same performance, so would it then have been good?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29122007/58/premier-league-hicks-knocks-pouting-benitez.html

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

we played "tight" ....oh. i'm glad we have the american with 6 or so football matches viewed under his belt to guide us.

hicks for RTE

mike65 wrote: »
    Much more important is that Tom Hicks has, yet again not helped anyone by opening his mouth about the spat, but this time he's added salt but criticising Liverpools performance against Man Utd. Had Liverpool won that game it would have been with the same performance, so would it then have been good?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29122007/58/premier-league-hicks-knocks-pouting-benitez.html

Mike.

Dont think he said anything wrong there to be honest. I'm a big fan of Benitez but what he did in the Press conference wasn't on. He was sulking, publicly throwing his toys out of the pram. If anything, what Hicks says is reassuring as he says all the stuff about Rafas job being on the line was made up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

When is Liverpool's game in hand due to be played?

When is Liverpool's game in hand due to be played?

just had a quick scan through skysports fixture list and didn't spot Liverpool V West Ham so i'd say it mightn't have been re-penciled in yet. Didn't look too hard so could be wrong though!

You arent wrong, no date has been set. Id like to get it played asap to get a truer representation of the table. It could potentially look like this...

1 Man. Utd. 19 14 3 2 45
    2 Arsenal 19 13 5 1 44
    4 Liverpool 19 11 6 2 39
    3 Chelsea 19 11 5 3 38

Im going to be flying to London while the match tomorrow is on. Does anyone know when its going to be shown on LFCtv ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

SPORT: The Match
    On: Liverpool FC TV (448)
    Date: Monday 31st December 2007
    Time: 10:00am to 12:00pm (2 hours long)
    Manchester City v Liverpool (30.12.07), All 90 minutes of Liverpool's Premier League game against Manchester City plus reaction and analysis.

They're showing again later on Monday 5pm - 7pm.

*EDIT*
    After today's results the City match is becoming more and more important for us. C'mon the 'Pool! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Things are looking alot closer now:
     	Team	P	W	D	L	F	A	W	D	L	F	A	GD	PTS
    1	Man Utd	20	9	1	0	22	3	5	2	3	15	8	26	45
    2	Arsenal	19	9	1	0	23	7	4	4	1	13	8	21	44
    3	Chelsea	20	6	4	0	20	8	6	1	3	11	7	16	41
    4	L'pool	18	4	4	1	20	6	6	2	1	13	6	21	36

Have to push on tomorrow though :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Very true piggy, very true.

This is turning out to be a great day.

Lets hope the lads can kick on tomorrow and win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

C'mon the Toffees!

There, I've said it! :o

cant believe you've said that :(

thinking a draw would suit fine.

Prefer a draw myself (plus several red cards)

Mike.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement