Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It picks itself except for left back. I reckon:
    Reina
    Finnan Hyppia Agger Arbeloa/Riise
    Benayoun Masche Alonso Babel
    Kuyt Crouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'd go similar to that as well although I think it will be

Reina
    Finnan Hyppia Agger Riise
    Pennant Masche Alonso Benayoun
    Kuyt Crouch

Insua to brought on if we get a few goals lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Reina
    Finnan-Hyypia-Agger-Arbeloa
    Pennant-Alonso-Masch-Babel
    Voronin-Crouch

You have 4 mins to play fanstasy rafa.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im going with;

Reina
    Finnan--Agger--Hypia--Arbeloa
    Yossi--Masch--Sissoko--Riise
    Crouch--Kuyt

Have a good feeling about fantasyrafa this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

mike65 wrote:
    I think the line up is announced about an hour before KO in euro matches.

Mike.

In pretty much all other matches too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

That Eduardo story seems very suspect alright. I dont think Chelsea were after him, they seemed to be concentrating on Pato and as far as I know only United and Liverpool were the only English clubs reported to be after him.

This is speculation of the highest order, but it would tie some of the rumours together in a nice neat little package.

Crouch moves to city in an exchange for Micah Richards. Baptista moves from Real to be our 4th choice striker/big man to throw up front and cause problems. I wouldn't believe for a second the Beast would move for the mooted 13mill, they have no reason to command such a fee after 2 bad years, id say he could be got for 8.

I actually wouldnt mind that situation. Baptista was amazing at Seville and if anyone can bring him back to form its Rafa. He also suits our play much better then Arse's. They spent so much time on the break, whereas we usually keep trying(and usually failing) to pass around the box to make the final breakthrough of a packed defence. Baptista could work much better under those circumstances.

Then we could play

Richards---Carra---Agger

Masch
    Alonso
    Pennant
    Gerrard
    Babel/Benayoun

Torres
    Kuyt/Voronin

Or play Gerrard in center mid with Benayoun or Baptista taking the attacking mid spot.

That sort of swicth around would i think leave us slightly better balanced then we are at the moment, as well as bringing real competition for places at the back whenever we play 442, and Baptista would still be only fourth choice if he didnt work out, so not relying on him.

Crouch moves to city in an exchange for Micah Richards.

Youre joking, right?

Archimedes wrote:
    Youre joking, right?

with money. sorry not getting into specifics, just tying up the 3 rumours that have been around a bit. One being Sven wanting Crouch, another being Rafa wanting Richards, and then todays of pool going in for Baptista. Baptista makes no sense if Crouch stays, and pool need a defender.

Ideally myself if this were to happen i'd prefer someone like Adriano (who west ham are trying to lure at the mo) to come in over Baptista, because as good as he was, id be wary after last year.

Oh right, sorry - thought you meant in a straight swap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Come on Archimedes, obviously we'd expect at least 5 million and Richards for Crouchie! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

~Rebel~ wrote:
    with money. sorry not getting into specifics, just tying up the 3 rumours that have been around a bit. One being Sven wanting Crouch, another being Rafa wanting Richards, and then todays of pool going in for Baptista. Baptista makes no sense if Crouch stays, and pool need a defender.

Ideally myself if this were to happen i'd prefer someone like Adriano (who west ham are trying to lure at the mo) to come in over Baptista, because as good as he was, id be wary after last year.

Man City won't sell us Richards. Partly because they know there would be warfare from their own fans, and partly with Shinawatra's millions behind them, they don't need to.

I can't see us signing another striker. Possibly a wide right midfielder, but doubt it. Inter have said as well that they'll only loan out Adriano, whereas Adriano has said he'll only go on a permanent deal.

I get the feeling that if we sign another defender, it will be an experienced player rather than the likes of Davies or Mertesacker. They want the youth system to start producing sooner rather than later, so they won't want to hinder the progress of the likes of Hobbs, Huth, Roque or Antwi. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

There's probably a chain of transfers in there, namely if Crouch is moving, we'd require a replacement, although I doubt Richards is going anywhere, I'm assuming Man City don't need to sell to finance any deal, although if they do want Crouch desperately a deal could be struck. Personally I think Onuoha would be a more realistic transfer if something does happen (which it won't)

Expect a flurry or rumours over the next 3 days, but I'd be happy if we just bring in defensive cover.

Reina Arbeloa, Hyypia, Agger, Riise, Benayoun, Leto, Sissoko, Mascherano, Crouch, Kuyt

I score badly tonight!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Confirmed team

LIVERPOOL: Reina, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Agger, Riise, Benayoun, Leto, Sissoko, Mascherano, Crouch, Kuyt.

SUBS: Itandje, Finnan, Torres, Alonso, Pennant, Babel, Lucas.

Bugger beat me to it Mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

From .tv:

The Reds line-up in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Agger, Riise, Benayoun, Leto, Sissoko, Mascherano, Crouch, Kuyt. Subs: Itandje, Finnan, Torres, Alonso, Pennant, Babel, Lucas.

Edit: I thought I was being fast!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Archimedes: did that Pato young fella not sign for AC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Good to see Leto get his chance. He'll have to seize it though, I doubt he'll see much action this season otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

thats a hell of a bench even without carra and stevie oh and voronin:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I thought Hobbs might get as far as the bench, give him half an hour if we were cruising. Seeing as we Hyypia could prob do with getting off the park asap.

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Im going with;

Reina
    Finnan--Agger--Hypia--Arbeloa
    Yossi--Masch--Sissoko--Riise
    Crouch--Kuyt

Have a good feeling about fantasyrafa this game!

Gah, 1 off again! Didnt see Leto coming at all! So finnan out of mine with leto in.

Hope Lucas gets some time tonight. I haven't seen him play yet.

C'mon the Pool! Touching tribute to the family of Rhys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Have to say fair play to the club for the tribute. Hopefully we do really well here tonight.

Back four getting mixed up early though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

very touching tribute and fair play to everyone involved at the club for this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Arbeloa looking comfy getting forward these days. Thats good to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Benayoun not doing well early on. Plenty of ball but dont think he's completed a pass yet.

Getting the impression Riise fancies a goal.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

Lads any links to watch this match online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

http://rojadirecta.com/ the first one is very good quality. pool 1 up, crouch

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

4-age wrote:
    Lads any links to watch this match online

Check out www.irishkop.com for loads of links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

jonny24ie wrote:
    Arbeloa looking comfy getting forward these days. Thats good to see.
    looking good defending as well, hope he can keep this up.

• Advertisement

Hmm!

Should be two up at least, Yossi and Momo are the stars of the first half for me, one full of clever passes and running the other - Mr Muscle!. That said just cos the crowd shout "shooooooooot" it does'nt mean you should! :)

Mike.

My god Riise is shocking. I always liked him but this season (4 games, I know!) he's been awful.

Benayoun is looking great. Crouch took his goal well but should have scored 2 headers. We really should put them to the sword in the 2nd half.

also, Leto is letting the game pass him by. poor first touch and his 2 crosses have hit the first man.

EDIT: Yeah Momo is looking fantastic! He hasn't hit a bad pass (yet) and he's just been his usual self in breaking everything up.

Arbeloa is really impressing me, especially that last ditch sliding tackle, looks like carra has been giving him a few pointers.

Momo is looking very good, leto is ok so far, yossi looking very good and the crowd really like him, Kuyt looking good, pity he hasn't scored.

Yes Riise is sh-ite and when Reaktor posts I expect him to note the fact.

Cos its a FACT! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

That tribute was mad nice of Liverpool. Really impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Arbelo has looked very impressive in the right back slot, much more impressive than when I saw him play on the left. Could be one to take over after Finnan retires.

Kuyt's passing has been very impressive, and his cross was outstanding. The rest of the crossing has been relatively poor.
    Crouch has really done poorly bar his goal, he should have a hattrick. Kuyt has been the same, his finishing has been sub-par.
    Benayoun started poorly but is getting into the game, think he might get a goal or assist before the end of it.

Sissoko and Mascherano have had really good games in the center, utterly controlling the play.

I think Liverpool have been shaky defensively, and I think it's a sign of things to come without Carragher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

uberwolf wrote:
    I thought Hobbs might get as far as the bench, give him half an hour if we were cruising. Seeing as we Hyypia could prob do with getting off the park asap.
    Apparently he wasn't registered for the qualifying phase

Its a poor game really but Liverpool know that they dont have to do much - Toulouse are awful so its not taking much effort really.

Not impressed by Leto at all, looks out of his depth even against this side but Sissoko has been very solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Meaningless game insofar as Liverpool are far too good. This Toulouse team would struggle in the English Championship, let alone the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

seabee wrote:
    Apparently he wasn't registered for the qualifying phase

fair enough then. I thought I had seen his name amongst those avail for selection in one of the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I take what I said about Toulouse being a Championship league team, they're much worst.

Nice to see Kuyt getting two. Great pass by Benayoun for it aswell.

Though anyone else think Benayoun isn't as effective on the wing but when he drifts central he's devestating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Fcuk me, Sissoko's passing was good tonight :eek:

Lucas (pronounced Lucesh ? O_o ) looked fairly comfortable when he came on.

Great to see Kuyt get a couple at the denoument, overall very good against a piss-poor side. Yossi and Arbeloa combined brilliantly at times down the right side and frankly if he does'nt get some regular first team action I'll be dissapointed.

Finnan can play left back and Riise can be shot! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Who the **** is Reaktor?

Silly game. Nice to see Yossi, Masch, Lucas doing well. Leto was reasonable in spots, not amazing overall. I didn't think Riise was awful, he instilled quiet confidence.

mike65 wrote:
    Great to see Kuyt get a couple at the denoument, overall very good against a piss-poor side. Yossi and Arbeloa combined brilliantly at times down the right side and frankly if he does'nt get some regular first team action I'll be dissapointed.

Finnan can play left back and Riise can be shot! ;)

Mike.
    You get a word of the day calender or something? :p

I liked the look of Lucas, quite tidy. When the league cup comes I'd expect him to start all the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I was very impressed with Lucas, looked like a real solid classic Brazilian player. Doesn't give away the ball, plays the simple good pass, very impressive debut.

Did I hear the RTE commentator suggest that Voronin would be coming on? Either way he's useless, I spent most time watching ITV.

Mike.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Who the **** is Reaktor?

Soz to RE*AC*TOR! :o I wuz typing on the hoof.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

mike65 wrote:
    Soz to RE*AC*TOR! :o I wuz typing on the hoof.

Mike.
    It's ok. I love you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement