Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Benayoun really does have great feet - showed it there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Dont think Crouch has had any service so saying he is doing nothing is a bit unfair imo. Kuyt on the other hand... The fact that i genuinley didnt know he was playing untill the 40th min says it all really. He should be sold while you can get a bit of bob for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

jesus christ, Andy Gray, shut up!

'Fiddling about again from Rafa.'

OMG! The Wingers swapped sides. Quick, do a segment on it! Jesus christ like.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

NotWormBoy wrote: »
    Benayoun really does have great feet - showed it there...

Was it when he was sliding in at the back post?

Everyone ready for the last minute winner?

lordgoat wrote: »
    Was it when he was sliding in at the back post?

Yes, because finishing has loads to do with dribbling ability...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Babel's been really poor according to andy gray, grr.... whats he gonna say about Kuyt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

goal liverpool,not the best

Terrible play from Luton, class shows again.
    Lol at Voronin though, how do you not put that away?

like to see el zhar on for kuyt now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:)

Luton equalise.

PHB wrote: »
    Lol at Voronin though, how do you not put that away?

He really should've finished himself alright, he had all the time in the world to go around the keeper, but screwed up his placed-shot instead. Smacks of lacking confidence.

We didn't deserve that - and it was a terrible goal.

[edit] We didn't deserve our goal, I mean, since Luton have scored since I posted.

They deserved theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

now that was poor

luton score,risse own goal,what a joke

lol

Who wants to defend Riise for that one :P

terrible goal to give away. According to Andy Gray (btw i really do not like him) riise didnt need to deal with it, even though the right winger was waiting to put it away. How that man has a job is ridiculous, talk pure rubbish.

anyway Riise own goal - very poor defending.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

**** it anyway, i had back pool when they hit 6/4 and then then ye score and do that to me!! jesus ye scousers just wont do me a favour will ye!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Is that his first for the season? Luton deserve it and more from this game.

Alonso and Lucas so poor today.

I'm curious as to why its Benayoun coming off and not Kuyt? He hasn't really looked up for it all game - and Benayoun has been one of our only semi-productive players (one of our few). Surely El Zhar for Kuyt'd have been better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Jimmy Case on BBC Merseyside coverage gives MOTM to Itandje...against Luton :eek:

1-1 fulltime, looks like Luton will get some extra cash afterall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

I had to turn the tv off they're that bad. Its getting to Houllier levels...

I'm beginning to think Kuyt, Voronin, Riise, and Benayoun need shooting.. viva la revolution

Seriously Rafa, they'll all 26/27+, if they're crap at this stage of their career, nothing much can be done for them.

• Advertisement

im glad in a way,luton deserve this result if not more,they now will get the gate money from playing at anfield and we will win the replay anyway!everyone is happy:)

im also very concerned as we are playing really bad at the moment,seems like things are falling apart and if rafa cant pull it together we may not finish top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Ugh, that was embarassing. Dirk, I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt recently, but you were **** today. (does kuyt read these boards?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I dont think I have ever seen my mum watch a footie match before with so much interest, she is from Luton, so she is delighted.

Ah now, I wouldn't go nuts. Gerrard and Torres alone can get a team into the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Rubbish, rubbish.

We need this draw like a hole in the head a draw will do nothing for us when we have the cl and the game in hand v west ham.

how can we compare ourselves to the top 3 at the moment they all went thru. in reality there is no top 4 its a top 3 with liverpool having aspirations of breaking into them.

We showed no class at all today, nothing to show me that we can challenge for anything this season. Another disappointment again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

My God that was ****e . It's disgracefull , shoot the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dc69 wrote: »
    im glad in a way.

What?

You are glad your team failed to beat a lower division team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Luton's goalkeeper was Brill. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Big fair play to Luton today, they wanted it more and played with tonnes of passion and buckets of effort. The only Liverpool players I couldn't criticize are Itandje, who didn't really do much wrong...and maybe Carragher & Crouch as he didn't get much service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Luton's goalkeeper was Brill. :cool:

ROFL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

Poetic justice?
    Luton are in dire financial straits and according to news reports asked Liverpool to donate their share of the gate receipts but were turned down.
    Now they have their share of the Anfield replay gate receipts to look forward to.:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

patto_chan wrote: »
    Poetic justice?
    Luton are in dire financial straits and according to news reports asked Liverpool to donate their share of the gate receipts but were turned down.
    Now they have their share of the Anfield replay gate receipts to look forward to.:p

i'm delighted fr luton they deserved a win today, a draw is the best thing that could happen them, but you dont know what your on about, you dont know what poetic justice is, it's not like liverpool want to see luton disappear it's just a business isn't a charity, ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Rafa if your reading these boards...please sell Kuyt, Voronin, Riise and Crouch.. and buy a top quality winger who can actually stay on the wing and not drift inside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

lordgoat wrote: »

Alonso and Lucas so poor today.

They have played 16 games between them, both rusty and not properly "match" fit. Kuyt was just rank. Not unhappy though cos while Luton created thier own mess now Liverpool has helped them survive. ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Kuyt, how many good moves did he destroy today? His days are numbered I would think, he'll be gone in the summer.

Luton did well, have some decent players, and wouldn't be in the relegation zone if they hadn't been fined 10 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Shocked at the performance.
    Thought it couldn't get much worse after Wigan.
    *shakes head*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Yep fair play to Luton, they were up for it today, even though it took a freak own goal from Riise.
    The FA Cup always throws up shock results be it the underdog winning or earning a replay away.
    Wonder with the guarantee of the money from the replay, does this give them a bit more time or do they still have to find new owners by tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote: »
    lol

Who wants to defend Riise for that one :P

Not much to defend. It was a fluke. If it went anywhere else he got a decent clearance. Smetimes **** happens.

People who have been laying into Kuyt and Riise befre will probably do it now but thats unfair. No one played well and when a team is playing crap its everyone. No one had anything different to win it.

Liverpool scored because Voronin couldnt finsuh his dineer and ****ed up when 1 on 1 with the keeper. Luton may have been the better side but in the end it tok a misfortunate fluke or an og for them to score.

Assuming everyone cops on and puts this to bed early in the replay and give them a bit of kicking (footballing wise) all will be forgotten.

DesF wrote: »
    What?

You are glad your team failed to beat a lower division team?

yeah thats it your spot on,im delighted my team drew with a division 1 team!,maybe you should read the rest the post instead of quoting part of it.im glad for luton as they deserved the draw and maybe playing in anfield will help the club financially,doesnt bother me,its just an extra liverpool game to watch,they will obviously win!

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    Not much to defend. It was a fluke. If it went anywhere else he got a decent clearance. Smetimes **** happens.

People who have been laying into Kuyt and Riise befre will probably do it now but thats unfair. No one played well and when a team is playing crap its everyone.

very true,replay shows he would have cleared it as he got good connection with the ball but unfortunately it hit off his hand and went back in.could have happened anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

zing wrote: »
    That team should be more than capable but we've been proved wrong on that front recently

What he said - I mean me said

Stekelly, it was a bit flukey but that should'nt disguise another piss-poor performance in front of goal. Had Luton got the OG at 3 goals down, it simply would'nt have mattered.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

zing wrote: »
    What he said - I mean me said

The team put out against Wigan should have been more than capable of winning too so **shrug** . Something seems wrong behind the scenes latelly.
    mike65 wrote: »
    Stekelly, it was a bit flukey but that should'nt disguise another piss-poor performance in from of goal. Had Luton got the OG at 3 goals down, it simply would'nt have mattered.

Mike.

Well the 3 main strikers have played a full game each in the last 2 and its only resulted in 2 1-1 draws against poor temas.. I just dont know what the story is.

I dont think Babel has what it takes at the minute to be playing from the start. He was working a san impact sub so he should be left as that for this season anyway. Yossi drifted inand out of the game (more out than in).

I do! We're rubbish without Torres, Crouch got a goal but now won't think he has a chance of a game until the replay. Yet Kuyt will almost certainly start the next league game beside the Spaniard.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

yayamark wrote: »
    Rubbish, rubbish.

We need this draw like a hole in the head a draw will do nothing for us when we have the cl and the game in hand v west ham.

how can we compare ourselves to the top 3 at the moment they all went thru. in reality there is no top 4 its a top 3 with liverpool having aspirations of breaking into them.

We showed no class at all today, nothing to show me that we can challenge for anything this season. Another disappointment again.

What are you talking about.. Liverpool finished 3rd last season and this season isn't over yet.

The FA Cup throws up these kind of things.. it was Luton away and the opposition players were fighting for their club and careers. Did Man Utd, Arsenal, or Chelsea have to face anything like that?

They will get destroyed at Anfield and that will be that. The match today was a mild irritation. There have been a few mild irritations over the last few weeks and added up they are not nice, but jesus I think everyone needs to take a few deep breaths and calm down calm down.

• Advertisement

Another game on an already heavy fixture list is never good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The substitutions have been wretched again. Voronin is never going to be a match winner. Nor is Mascherano. In fact there shouldve been no need for the latter to have even travelled today. Rafa clearly hasnt a clue with how to deal with playing other English teams (bar Chelsea). El Zhar might just have had the point to prove today and has shown before to have some creativity. Why didnt he get a chance ahead of Kuyt? I know he came on for Yossi but after 86 minutes it was too late, it should have been at half time. With Stevie and Torres missing, the rest really are running about like headless chickens up front. I cant see too many victories without one or both.

Also, Is Agger still a long way off? I thought he might be back today?

Tbh, I wouldnt mind seeing rid of Benitez and his negative over cautious play. To those defending him and the team of late, Is the squad really that much better than it was under Houllier or Evans? Personally, I'm not so sure anymore. At least back then I knew not to get my hopes up every week and any victories were a pleasant surprise. Now I'm just sick of draws against poor opposition and crumbling against the teams we are supposed to be in a title fight with. Its looking just as bleak as before but with more expensive wages to be payed.

To those defending him and the team of late, Is the squad really that much better than it was under Houllier or Evans? Personally, I'm not so sure anymore.

The squad is much better overall, whats no better right now is the managers ability to use the talent to best effect.

Whats scary is that Torres will be more aware than ever that most of the clubs hope depend on him and Gerrard. He might just start to feel the pressure.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Where was Pennant today? Would of thought it was an ideal game to help his fitness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Minor annoyance drawing with Luton. But they're hardly gonna do one on us at Anfield. Just one more fixture that Rafa will have to rotate for.

I don't think Benitez should go. He's had more of a challenge than Wenger (maybe) and Fergie and it's harsh to judge him so early in his tenure (compared to Wenger and Fergie, that is)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement