Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

scumbags,deserved a good hiding,they seem to think because they are footballers you can abuse them and after the kind words they guy above said about him coming over to see the kids it would make you even sicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DesF wrote: »
    Meh, I could probably make it up.

CARRAGHER IN FENCE JUMP SHOCKER

Liverpool ace, Jamie Carragher, who has retired from international football, was involved in shocking scenes in Luton's Ground after Sunday's shock draw in the FA Cup. He was subject to a barrage of vicious abuse from a group of Luton fans who had stayed behind to heckle the star. After getting involved ina verbal volley, which turned the air blue, The crazed Reds' defensive rock attempted to CLIMB the fence and attack the cowering group

Something like that, yeah?

If you added about 3 more words in bold you could actually work for the sun. Retired would probably be one they'd pick. Barrage too and maybe the. It's be a sun article then.

Anywho, I support such actions from carra. Just a pity a few others could get this animated on the pitch.

After reading the article a couple of posts up, it's a pity the stewards got involved at all, they should have turned a blind eye for a minute or two and let all the Liverpol players climb up and kick the lads up and down the stand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

tbh DesF, you need more bias in the article. they werent heckling carra, they were engaged in "good will and banter". u have to remember that these guys are 100% innocent and carra ATTACKED them for no reason. get that bias in and ill give ya a job :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jazzy wrote: »
    tbh DesF, you need more bias in the article. they werent heckling carra, they were engaged in "good will and banter". u have to remember that these guys are 100% innocent and carra ATTACKED them for no reason. get that bias in and ill give ya a job :p

Carra should be wielding something aswell , maybe a sock thats been photoshopped over and replaced with a mace.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,914 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Calm down, calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

The best part of that article above.
    "They were swearing at him. The language was terrible and they were even making references to his mother.

"Even then, Jamie just told them to calm down.

Oh, the ironing is delicious! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

An Citeog wrote: »
    Oh, the ironing is delicious! :D

Dont eat the clothes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

so Momo looks to be going anyway

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3031972,00.html

he seems keen so will probably happen

wonder what will be the fee in the end, all sorts are being quoted

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

event wrote: »
    so Momo looks to be going anyway

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3031972,00.html

he seems keen so will probably happen

wonder what will be the fee in the end, all sorts are being quoted

I think anything over 5million is a good deal for us. Thats what we paid for him so we're not losing anything.

To be honest, Damien Plessis in the youths/reserves looks like he could do the same job as Mo but looks to be better on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

€10 million for momo is good business.

Maybe in the slower paced Italian league he can show more composure with his passing, could improve. But if anything he has only gotten worse in recent time for liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez wants to sign Villarreal's creative midfielder Matias Fernandez. (Telegraph)

Quality player. Only signed for Villareal in 2006 though, they'd be reluctant to let him go, would take a big money deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IydkABvSm2s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

ya i agree that anything £6million + would be a great deal for momo. i think we have to let him go because of the number of central players we have.
    just had a look at that fernandez....he looks good but wouldnt pay excessive amounts for him.

tibor wrote: »
    Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez wants to sign Villarreal's creative midfielder Matias Fernandez. (Telegraph)

Quality player. Only signed for Villareal in 2006 though, they'd be reluctant to let him go, would take a big money deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IydkABvSm2s

Holy shít, he will be one of the best players in the world in a few years. He is unbelivable. Surely not true though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3032119,00.html

dunno how true this is? anyone heard any rumours?

will have a check through the financial stories maybe and see if there is anything today but if its true its certainly worrying

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Holy shít, he will be one of the best players in the world in a few years. He is unbelivable. Surely not true though

how much have you seen of him?

event wrote: »
    how much have you seen of him?

I watch the live la liga games every weekend and the recap show during the week so quite a bit, most of his games have been as a sub but you can see his quality even in short bursts. If we can get him for less than 20m its a bargain IMO

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...032119,00.html

will have a check through the financial stories maybe and see if there is anything today but if its true its certainly worrying

OMG that looks bad.
    they(the americans) obviously have very big financial worries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

prendy wrote: »
    OMG that looks bad.
    they(the americans) obviously have very big financial worries.

Not necessarily but given the state of the financial markets taking on another partner would make a certain amount of financial sense - to spread the risk as it were. From us plebs point of view there's positives and negatives from such a move - e.g. it takes some of the power in the boardroom away from G & H but at the same time it introduces more politics, etc..

However it would look somewhat embarrassing for the G & H and therefore for the club. First having to back track on the stadium (Hicks had apparently been advised not to go public with the plans when he did) and then having to go begging for cash to build it.

That link is'nt working for me. This one does though

I don't beliven any story not from a "trusted" source until its confirmed by a trusted source.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

BBC Gossip

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has pleaded with the club's owners not to sack him. The Spaniard has reiterated his commitment to the club as speculation mounts regarding his future. (The Times)

I guess that's why they call it gossip. Benitez wouldn't 'plead'.

I watch the live la liga games every weekend and the recap show during the week so quite a bit, most of his games have been as a sub but you can see his quality even in short bursts. If we can get him for less than 20m its a bargain IMO

hmm, there's been plenty of kids though that have come from south america who have looked great and then just faded

seems like a lot of money, though where does he play?

He'd be an expensive player Liverpool don't need. If you want a player "in the hole" stick Yossi in there. We already own him! Any deals in Jan have to be to bolster defence and securing Masch first and foremost.

Mike.

He'd be an expensive player Liverpool don't need. If you want a player "in the hole" stick Yossi in there. We already own him! Any deals in Jan have to be to bolster defence and securing Masch first and foremost.

Mike

+1

so like babel he looks good coming on for a few mins...babel didnt play well when started.as mike said sort a CB and masc and maybe sell momo and it wud be a good jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That's pretty nuts to be honest. I can't understand it. A loan to improve the stadium shouldn't be a huge deal, since it can be secured against future revenues, like say Arsenal. This would suggest to me that perhaps they've already planned to use some of those future revenues for the other loan they have, but that the credit crunch hasn't made it particuarly viable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Thanks **** Arsenal built the stadium when they did when the world economy was good and the word "subrpime" ment people had more often then not go to the dictionary!

JPMorgan offically classified USA as being in a recession. The first time since the 80's I think.

Rocky times ahead for all of us not just Hicks & Co. The danger is that they will want to sell and buyers may not want to take a volotile investment in this economic climate.
    Hopefully this will increase the likelyhood of Arsenal staying in private hands though.

Sounds like that meeting in New York was all about the stadium with both HKS & AFL presenting their revised plans as the club have been trying to emphasize.

And no bits from Juve for Momo yet.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=rick-parry-stadium-decision-imminent%26method=full%26objectid=20329782%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,914 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

jank wrote: »
    JPMorgan offically classified USA as being in a recession. The first time since the 80's I think.

The US had a recession 3-4 years ago, they were out of it by the time they realised they were in one. Now is not a great time to be embarking on large scale projects which need plenty of financing, as you say, Arsenal got in at just the right time, as did Wembley, and United in expanding Old Trafford, Lansdowne Road is gonna have problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

True astro but that post 9/11 recession was only a blip that was sorted with world banks injecting huge amounts of credit into the world economy and slashing interest rates. Today's problems are multiplied by these factors never mind oil prices, strocks falling and property tumbling. Its going to take many many years IMO to get out of this current recession. There are no quick fixes.

Anyway this is a soccer forum.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

So this is where jank has been hiding? :) I thought you just stopped posting here.

Arbeloa:
    "Finnan is unbelievable.

"He never plays badly. He is a good player who always plays really well. He is a great example for someone like me. I am learning a lot about the game from him.

"Not only is he a fantastic player but I also count him as a good mate.

"It is a challenge for me to play on the right side of the defence because Finn is such a good player. Just watching and working with him in training every day can only improve my game in the long run.

"Finn still has some good years left in him.

"At 24-years-old it is a good opportunity for me to be able to learn from someone like him and who knows what will happen in the future?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

haha, Finn...I love when commentators call him Finian...brilliant, anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Looks like Agger is making a comeback for the reserves against Blackburn tomorrow. About time!
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158343080109-1521.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Like that little interview with Arbeloa...Cheers Eirebhoy.

Always suprised everytime i see Arbeloa is only 24-wat a super buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

nurse_baz wrote: »

Link not working for me :confused: What was the story?[edit] link now working again[/edit]

On something completely different whats the story with a whole rail or retro 89/90 strips in champion sports at the moment? The Candy red one with the diamonds, new trend or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

dbnavan wrote: »
    On something completely different whats the story with a whole rail or retro 89/90 strips in champion sports at the moment? The Candy red one with the diamonds, new trend or something?

Don't know. Wondered the same thing but they only seemed to have childrens sizes when I was there so I assumed they had leftover stock found in a warehouse somewhere.
    They seem to have them here too on account of being our last title winning kit:
    http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/store/retrolfcclothing.htm

and the range also includes Dalglish and Keegan era jerseys as well as those from each of our European cup glories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

To be honest, Damien Plessis in the youths/reserves looks like he could do the same job as Mo but looks to be better on the ball.

He looks class alright and can at least pass the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Liverpool's Mohamed Sissoko has revealed that he is "very close" to joining Serie A giants Juventus.

Claudio Ranieri has been chasing the player since the transfer window opened, and despite reports that Valencia are keen to take the Mali international back to the Mestalla, a move to Italy is looking more likely.

money money money

i hope we get a good bit for him, he hasnt done it for us but is worth a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Liverpool Res V Blackburn Res live tonight at 18:45 on LFCTV. Agger will apparently play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

woodyg wrote: »
    Liverpool's Mohamed Sissoko has revealed that he is "very close" to joining Serie A giants Juventus.

Claudio Ranieri has been chasing the player since the transfer window opened, and despite reports that Valencia are keen to take the Mali international back to the Mestalla, a move to Italy is looking more likely.

money money money

i hope we get a good bit for him, he hasnt done it for us but is worth a good bit.

Would be a good move for both clubs. Not so long ago he was one of my favorite players. He can definitely do a good job if given a good run in a team. Hes very much a raw player and needs to play often, something hes not going to get at Liverpool. Hopefully we can get close to 10m for him.

woodyg wrote: »
    money money money

he is expected to make a loan move at first with Juve being giving the option of making the deal permanent at a later date.

bugger. Can't we just sell him now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

£10m has been touted as the fee for Sissoko, if thats true I have to say hats off to whoever organised this deal, unbelievable. The easiest £4.5m profit Liverpool will ever make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i have a feeling it will be 10m euro. we get screwed on these loan deals like with Cisse, just sell him and put whatever we get for him to good use i say....

I love those retro shirts. I have the '84 European Cup final one and the Shankly track top. I wouldnt mind getting hold of one of those Candy shirts but there is no champion sports around Limerick anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I love those retro shirts. I have the '84 European Cup final one and the Shankly track top. I wouldnt mind getting hold of one of those Candy shirts but there is no champion sports around Limerick anymore.

ive worn alan hansens 1984 CL Cup winning shirt :D

His shirt won the cup ? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im gettin genuinely worried at the moment about this whole american situation.

Lookin at the Skrtel signing, we've apparantly agreed a fee, agreed personal terms, medical been done etc. the reports all seem to say its just waiting on a phonecall from G&H to give it the ok. Its been at that stage for days...

Was thinking this "record defensive signing" might be a show of support to Rafa, but now its almost lookin like the opposite..

Im probably overreacting, it just seems a bit ridiculous if that is really all thats left to tie up the signing and they just haven't done it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Its a bit strange alright,and they had a board meeting in New York the other day they could have sanctioned this transfer then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lawro was talking about rumours that G&H might sell and that someone who would be better for teh club is interested, anyone hear anything?

The meeting yesterday between Parry and G&H was a diary apointment according to Parry to discuss the new stadium which is now estmimated to cost 700 million!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement