Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd be quite surprised to see Liverpool in 3rd place again this season, let alone in mid Feb. I think Chelsea have found their stride again, and they are beginning to scare me. I was disappointed that they didn't drop more points due their troubled patch, and imo I see them challenging all the way.
    Liverpool really are out of it now, that said, i'd be extremely surprised to see them not finish 4th, extremely surprised. However, if City invest very very heavily this January, I think it's possible.

As for Rafa, I think he's done well in the transfer market. Not great, but not well.
    Sure people outbid him for top players, but that happened to United aswell. Chelsea outbid United on lots of their key targets over the last 3 years (Ballack, Essien, Robben, Obi Mikel, Anelka) but United found different quality players.
    Arsenal went a totally different approach and it's paying off for them.

I think everyone knows Liverpools problems in terms of squad. Wingers and Striker are clearly needed. I stil can't understand the logic in spending lots of cash on Mascherano this being the case.
    I don't think that the Liverpool players are as bad as they are performing (although I certainly think some are overrated by people on here) but it's that Rafa doesn't know how to build a league winning squad. Liverpool don't impose their stlye of football on a team, they approach each game like a cup game, and try to win the tactical battle. There's a reason United and Arsenal and even Chelsea often play beautiful football. It's because they play the same system week in week out, bar the really big games where they adjust. Liverpool adjust constantly, not in just in terms of rotation, everyone does that, but in terms of systems. The changes aren't small either, they tend to be utterly different styles. I don't think that's ever gona get a 90 point season that you need to win the EPL.

IMO i'd fire Rafa in the summer if you want to win the league. Who do you get? Mourinho in the summer, that said, I don't think he'll come back to England, unless its for the United job after Fergie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

well,i dont think anyone can talk about lack of top class players.you dont need them to beat boro simple as.this team would have won today

Reina

Finnan--Carragher--hypia--Arbeloa

Mascherano--Alonso

Benayoun
    Gerrard
    Babel

Torres

this formation is our best as we dont have to use players that just cant cut it,eg voronin,risse,kuyt,kewell and make use of our best players!
    but yet again rafa puts out a strange team and they lose,why cant he just play the same team!or even formation,i just hope we finish in the top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

DesF wrote: »
    Are they?

Yes. Liverpool are better than Villa,Portsmouth,Everton and City.

If the league ended tomorrow, we would be 4th (having played a game less ;))
    Serious?What happened in previous seasons has a bearing on this one? That's a new one on me tbh.

Of course if does. Because in the main the squads are very similar. Even you were giving liverpool fans stick for saying, "oh this is our year" every year, surely you're contradicting yourself a little there wanting to whip previous seasons form when it comes to evaluating the quality of a team.

We have finished ahead of Villa for wat, at least the last decade. and are ahead of them this year, therefore, we are better.
    Because the players either

a. aren't good enough
    b. aren't playing to their potential, which, ultimately, is down to the manager

a combination of both imo.

players are under-performing. no doubt about it. but also some of them just arent good enough. i think its only fair to point out the position Rafa has been in most of the season in relation to speculation in regards to his job and the future of the club. this has undoubtadly affected the form of the team imo. its no co-incidence the decline in form coincides with the speculation about Rafas future.

my one fear is that the postition with the media has gone too far. Since Jose left, he has very much been their biggest story and i am convinced and have been for some time that they are runnning him out of a job. this breaks my heart because, realistically i think there will only be one winner in that battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What is really frustrating is the fact that we are playing so badly...against really ordinary opposition. Wigan, Luton, Reading, Middlesborough, Derby...etc.

This was a period of games that I felt we could pick up near maximum points.

dc69 wrote: »
    well,i dont think anyone can talk about lack of top class players.you dont need them to beat boro simple as.this team would have won today

Reina

Finnan--Carragher--hypia--Arbeloa

Mascherano--Alonso

Benayoun
    Gerrard
    Babel

Torres

this formation is our best as we dont have to use players that just cant cut it,eg voronin,risse,kuyt,kewell and make use of our best players!
    but yet again rafa puts out a strange team and they lose,why cant he just play the same team!or even formation,i just hope we finish in the top 4

rafa puts out a strange team?

reina

finnan---Carra--hypia--arbeloa

gerrard----mascherano---
    yossi
    riise---

voronin---torres

wtf is strange about that team?!

instead you wanted him to play a formation we havent yet played in the league (afaik) and you call his formation strange!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Yes. Liverpool are better than Villa,Portsmouth,Everton and City.

If the league ended tomorrow, we would be 4th (having played a game less)

so if villa beat liverpool next monday, youll freely admit that villa are better than liverpool?

Helix wrote: »
    so if villa beat liverpool next monday, youll freely admit that villa are better than liverpool?

No, but if they finish ahead of liverpool in the league i might. i was just showing Des that even using his own logic, we are better than villa according to the league table. i think theres more to it than a league table

do you think Villa are better than Liverpool?

No, but if they finish ahead of liverpool in the league i might. i was just showing Des that even using his own logic, we are better than villa according to the league table. i think theres more to it than a league table

do you think Villa are better than Liverpool?

no, by your logic youre level with villa in joint 4th

im not expecting us to get anything off yis, and to be honest id be delighted with a point, BUT if we do beat you, im sure youre well aware that liverpool could be sitting in 8th place, with blackburn in 9th level with pool by the end of next weeks fixtures if results go a certain way yes?

im not expecting us to get anything off yis, and to be honest id be delighted with a point, BUT if we do beat you, im sure youre well aware that liverpool could be sitting in 8th place, with blackburn in 9th level with pool by the end of next weeks fixtures if results go a certain way yes?

why thank you for pointing out the obvious.

and we are 4th, ahead on goal difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Of course if does. Because in the main the squads are very similar. Even you were giving liverpool fans stick for saying, "oh this is our year" every year, surely you're contradicting yourself a little there wanting to whip previous seasons form when it comes to evaluating the quality of a team.

The fans aren't the team.
    We have finished ahead of Villa for wat, at least the last decade. and are ahead of them this year, therefore, we are better.
    Once again, previous seasons don't matter, we are in the here and now.

my one fear is that the postition with the media has gone too far. Since Jose left, he has very much been their biggest story and i am convinced and have been for some time that they are runnning him out of a job. this breaks my heart because, realistically i think there will only be one winner in that battle.
    :eek:

Now it's the media's fault that Liverpool continue to falter in their title challenge?

What was it last season, the tea lady?

reina

gerrard----mascherano---
    yossi
    riise---

voronin---torres

Riise playing for a start. He hasn't been performing this season, and shouldn't have a place in the side.
    lol, good luck with that.

• Advertisement

Now it's the media's fault that Liverpool continue to falter in their title challenge?

do you not concede that it may be a factor in our poor form?

i'm not saying it is, just saying its a possibility

Liverpool started to drop away before there was speculation. They really feel around that time, but the speculation happened because Liverpool weren't doing good enough anyway.

I think it's time to consider the idea that Rafa has indeed lost the dressing room, and that they don't think they can win the league under him. As such, expect more results like today and much better results in the CL. That said, in the event of pool going out to Inter, which considering how good Inter are isn't beyond the realm of possibilities, if Liverpool finish 4th and go out in the first round of the knockout stages, can Rafa's season be considered anything but a complete abject failure?

do you not concede that it may be a factor in our poor form?

i'm not saying it is, just saying its a possibility
    I don't actually.

If the manager was good enough, he'd be able to shield the players from it.

If the players were up to it, they'd ignore it.

Look, 90% of everything printed is bullshít anyway, the players, more than anyone, know this. If they can't ignore it, blank it out, they shouldn't be professionals.

Do you remember the days when everyone hated Utd? They won everything left right and centre in them days.

"fergies stopwatch"
    "king fu cantona"
    "the grey shirt ridicule"
    "win nothing with kids"
    "the whole country vs bex"
    "keano the thug"
    etc etc

I could probably do a similar list for Arsenal while they were successful.

PHB wrote: »
    I think it's time to consider the idea that Rafa has indeed lost the dressing room, and that they don't think they can win the league under him.

this notion has been ticking over in my head since the game finished tonight.

I'll wait for a few more games before i say he has lost it, but the team certainly played like that at times today.

"fergies stopwatch"
    "king fu cantona"
    "the grey shirt ridicule"
    "win nothing with kids"
    "the whole country vs bex"
    "keano the thug"
    etc etc

thats not the headlines i'm talking about, i mean ****e like;

"red man walking"
    "jose waiting in the wings"
    "Rafa at war with USA!"
    "Klinsmann is kop idol!"
    "Capello is kop of the pops!"

****e like that, the players havent know if Rafa is gonna be at the club this time next week every time they've took the field!

Let it be recorded, for posterity, that I was the first to mention the possibility that the dressing room has been lost. :)

This thread has arrived at a new stage of silliness. Do any of you actually truly believe that Villa are better than Liverpool ? No, you don't. Why are you even arguing the point ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

There is definitely less between Villa and Liverpool than there is between Liverpool and the 3 above them though.

I think people are overreacting. Does anyone here honestly think that Liverpool won't be in the top 4?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I think people are overreacting. Does anyone here honestly think that Liverpool won't be in the top 4?

No But its a possibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

rafa puts out a strange team?

reina

gerrard----mascherano---
    yossi
    riise---

voronin---torres

instead you wanted him to play a formation we havent yet played in the league (afaik) and you call his formation strange!?

im pretty sure we played that formation,and the key is that its more attacking and voronin has nothing to do with it :) voronin and risse offer nothing,so that 2 players in the team that he put out that are just wasting space on the pitch,when babel came on he was an inch away from scoring a cracker,thats the third time i have seen him try from that exact postiion and he will do it soon enough,if risse atempted the same shot ,it would be out of the stadium and probly knock over some poor granny in manchester:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Let it be recorded, for posterity, that I was the first to mention the possibility that the dressing room has been lost. :)

I have been considering this for a few days upsettingly, with no public backing of Rafa from the players (normally Stevie cant wait to get his 2c in) and the fact they just look disinterested on the pitch. It's the only think i can think of the explain our form, i mean each time we have played in the last few weeks I have had no worries when seeing the squads but we still failed to perform.

I hope i am just being really pessimistic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I don't think that the Liverpool players are as bad as they are performing (although I certainly think some are overrated by people on here)

im taking a guess at arbeloa.
    ud be right, he is over rated here

at this point in time its a very very real possibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

More talk of DIC coming back to buy out the Yanks:
    Arabs eye £500m Liverpool buy-out

Duncan Castles and Richard Wachman, City editor
    Sunday January 13, 2008

Observer
    Liverpool FC could change hands for the second time in a year as their American owners encounter difficulties in refinancing £350million of debt incurred in taking over and running the club.

Beset by the steeply rising costs of a new stadium and manager Rafa Benitez's demands for new players, Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr have been attempting to transfer the debt, for which they are personally liable, on to the club itself. City sources believe this is an extremely difficult task to complete before the loan's due date at the end of February.

It is possible that the Americans will meet the deadline, but if not an Arab investment group, Dubai International Capital, is understood to be close to lodging an offer to buy out the American pair, probably for about £500m. Takeover discussions are thought to be due before the end of this month.

If successful, DIC, led by Liverpool supporter Sameer Al Ansari, would invest heavily in two areas: the new stadium that Liverpool need if they are to compete with Arsenal and Manchester United for matchday revenue, and an improved playing squad. Were they also to acquire a new management team Jose Mourinho, who is known to be interested in managing Liverpool, would be a prime candidate.

DIC were extremely close to buying Liverpool last February, only to lose out to Hicks and Gillett when the club's chief executive, Rick Parry, switched his support from the Arab camp to the American. The latter paid £174.1m for a 100 per cent shareholding, also agreeing to take on the club's then debt of £44.8m.

The purchase, however, was funded solely with borrowed money, Hicks and Gillett's loan from the Royal Bank of Scotland swelling to £350m as it was used to fund several high-profile summer transfers, development work and architect's plans for a 60,000-seat stadium in Stanley Park, and to roll up the interest on the debt.

The RBS loan is due for repayment next month. The Observer understands that attempts to restructure it have so far failed and the Americans have yet to inject new equity into the refinancing.

While RBS have asked Hicks and Gillett to each commit £20m of their own cash to the deal, City sources believe that at least one of the pair is not prepared to do so. Hicks and Gillett declined to comment last night.

Meanwhile, work on 'New Anfield' has been held up by the impasse over the acquisition loan, with no chance of funding being put in place for the £400m stadium project until the issue is resolved. A meeting in New York last week at which architects HKS and AFL presented competing stadium designs, was described by Parry merely as 'another big step forward to finding the best possible solution. Everyone is reflecting on what they have heard and a clear decision will be taken soon'.

The global credit crunch has made it harder for Hicks and Gillett to raise new revenues elsewhere and also affected the value of their other assets. Should they fail in their efforts to repay the £350m acquisition debt on Liverpool when it comes due in just over six weeks, there would be the possibility of the next owner of the club becoming RBS.

The bank, however, are extremelyunlikely to allow the situation to develop that way. Nor are Parry and club honorary life-president David Moores, the former principal shareholder. Parry and Moores are horrified that the Hicks-Gillett deal has not thus far brought long-term financial stability to the club. As a consequence, there are increasing tensions between the Americans and other board members as the refinancing deadline approaches. Parry and Moores are understood to be open to a second takeover.

Sources in the Middle East have confirmed that DIC remain as keenly interested in buying Liverpool as they were one year ago. DIC last night refused to comment on the matter, but they appear best placed to resolve the financial problems affecting the club's competitiveness in the Premier League. A mooted valuation of £1billion has been ridiculed, but an enterprise value of around half that figure might prove acceptable, allowing the Americans to exit with a profit of £75m each.

Have to say the thought of G&H leaving with a £75m in profit each is pretty galling considering their contribution so far. And the main lesson seems to be don't give Rick Parry any responsibility because he doesn't know what he's doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

DIC Investment Portfolio

TBH I would'nt mind seeing Liverpool fc on that list.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

500m?. No chance.

By the looks of things G+H don't really have a leg to stand on anymore with all the multi-billion writedowns made by banks lately, so how they're going to come out with a 75m profit each is complete lala-land stuff.

And Moores and Parry can be open to a second takeover as much as they want, but seeing they have as much say in the matter as I do, it really doesn't count for much. Seeing as they spent years trying to find an investor, maybe they should have spent a bit more time doing research on who they were actually selling to especially as I can remember Parry using the phrase "You can only sell the family silver once".

EDIT: The opposite of that article

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article3177761.ece

Jazzy wrote: »
    im taking a guess at arbeloa.
    ud be right, he is over rated here

Actually I think Arbeloa is good. He is the squad utility defender that every top 4 side needs. Not a great CB but can do a job against poor teams. Pretty good full back. He is Liverpools John O'Shea imo, in terms of what role he fills.

I think the problem with when you look at players on paper, you remember them at their best but not at their average levels.
    Alonso when he is on form is world class, but his form over the past year and a half has been poor.
    Kewell when he is on form is class, but he hasn't shown that for about 3 years.
    Babel when hes on form looks great, but he's only been able to reproduce that at the end of games when he comes on as a sub and Liverpool are winning. That said he's young, so thats to be expected.
    Carragher when he's on form is a great defender, but he looks decidely average unless he's playing next to somebody who can cover for his weaknesses (i.e. pace) which Agger can.
    Mascherano is an amazing defensive midfield, up their with the best in the world, but when playing against a team that doesn't really attack, his contribution isn't exactly world class.
    Normally I'd take a shot here at Gerrard, but this season his form has been nothing short of astronomical.

People are remembering them at the top of their game, not the form they've shown in the last year or so.

Actually I think Arbeloa is good. He is the squad utility defender that every top 4 side needs. Not a great CB but can do a job against poor teams. Pretty good full back. He is Liverpools John O'Shea imo, in terms of what role he fills.

I think the problem with when you look at players on paper, you remember them at their best but not at their average levels.
    Alonso when he is on form is world class, but his form over the past year and a half has been poor.
    Kewell when he is on form is class, but he hasn't shown that for about 3 years.
    Babel when hes on form looks great, but he's only been able to reproduce that at the end of games when he comes on as a sub and Liverpool are winning. That said he's young, so thats to be expected.
    Carragher when he's on form is a great defender, but he looks decidely average unless he's playing next to somebody who can cover for his weaknesses (i.e. pace) which Agger can.
    Mascherano is an amazing defensive midfield, up their with the best in the world, but when playing against a team that doesn't really attack, his contribution isn't exactly world class.
    Normally I'd take a shot here at Gerrard, but this season his form has been nothing short of astronomical.

People are remembering them at the top of their game, not the form they've shown in the last year or so.

Thats a fair enough assessment although all fans, of every team, do that. I think whats almost more important that being able to play amazingly well, is being able to play at a consistently high level. Finnan showed this (although I think he has been poor this season). He never did anything amazing but he was so reliable that he become vital to the team.

Absolutely, all teams do do that. However, the issue is that United or Arsenal or Chelsea players are just much more consistant than the Liverpool players. Personally I think it comes down to the system, and not gelling as well as they should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The distribution from the defenders is woeful to say the least. Hyypia and Carragher hoof it all the time, and the fullbacks don't offer much going forward either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

MON isnt good enough for liverpool, so fingers crossed he wont see liverpool as an attractive job.

I have to say that is complete rubbish. MON is a great manager who makes teams preform better than they look/are on paper. with very little addition to Villa's squad and often not the standard of strenghtening expected in the Summer he has guided villa's "smallest squad in the premiership" into a european spot. That is exactley the type of man Liverpool need IMO as atm they seem to preform worse than they are on Paper. although like i say thats my opinion and you are intitled to yours.
    Villa fans getting way too cocky on these boards lately! ;)
    damn right we are, although admittedly we might not be after next weekend, but atm Villa fans are feeling very encourage with the state of the club and have seen a steady progression in the right direction ever since Randy Lerner and MON have arrived. unfortunatley for Liverpool (and again this is only my humble opinion) despite some nice signing and cup success, Liverpool havent progressed much since Rafa or the new owners.
    Tusky wrote: »
    This thread has arrived at a new stage of silliness. Do any of you actually truly believe that Villa are better than Liverpool ? No, you don't. Why are you even arguing the point ?

Im a Villa fan, and i dont believe we are better than Liverpool and usually the suggestion would be as you say silly. However on current form I could easily imagine Villa being better than liverpool next weekend therefore passing them in the league.

im not sure whats wrong with Liverpool atm and from reading this thread it seems neither do you guys but you admit there is something wrong. Prehaps Liverpool dont have the players to compete for the league(thats argueable) but the players they do have are much better than recent preformances suggests. This would lead some to believe that something has to change, although im not sure replacing Rafa would be right. unfortunatley though I expect the fans who want Rafa to stay ay be dissapointed as it wouldent surprise me at all if he left at the end of the season.

Anyone else getting the same feeling about Rafa they had with Jose? the constant stories about him being under pressure / having a fallout with the owners / other managers lined up to take his place. there has been so much smoke, somethings going to burn soon.

Well if reports are to be believed, Klinssman was offered the job, which would suggest the owners don't have faith.
    To be honest, if I was the owners, and somebody of Mourinhos/Rikjards record was availible in the summer, I think i'd take him in a second.

What worries me is the amount of players off form lately. I'll list them.

on form
    Torres
    Gerrard
    Mascherano
    Hyypia (I don't think we could ask for much more from this lad considering his age and the amount of games hes had to play)

off form
    Kuyt
    Crouch (although I feel its because he has been used too sporadically)
    Voronin
    Alonso
    Riise
    Finnan
    Carragher (only by his own standards. he has still been v.good for us so far)
    Sissoko

Limbo (neither on nor off)
    Babel
    Lucas
    Arbeloa
    Benayoun
    Kewell
    Reina
    Itandje

Injured
    Pennant
    Aurelio
    Agger

Before we start thinking about new players Rafa needs to start improving what we already have. Too many players of form.

Well thats the thing, if you are the owners and you are watching this, even if you get 3 new world class players, if he can't get the rest of the team performing, what's the point in giving him the money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

tbh I'm coming more and more round to the Mourinho idea (even though I don't much like him).

My problem with Rafa has nothing to do with rotation or bad buys or any of the usual stuff that's sells the rags every day of the week. I just don't see him as a motivator and I don't think tactics alone will win the prem - might be fine for La Liga where the football is more technical, etc.. But I do hope he proves me wrong on that.

The game plan is always more about playing to exploit other teams weaknesses rather than sending out a starting XI (whichever XI that may be) who have had it hammered into them that they are the best of the best and can beat the rest of them. Playing to our players strengths should be far more important that playing to other teams weaknesses. Even if the other team put XI men behind the ball you should have the confidence in yourself and your team mates to be able to find a way through.

As I said I don't much like Mourinho but be certainly is a motivator - he gets the very best out of those playing for him.

Tusky - for me off form == not having the self confidence and that comes from not being motivated enough.

Well thats the thing, if you are the owners and you are watching this, even if you get 3 new world class players, if he can't get the rest of the team performing, what's the point in giving him the money?

Well I personally have faith in Rafa. Not sure what the problem at the club is. Its highly possible that all the media attention is getting to them. They must be under ridiculous pressure...maybe feeling like they are playing for their managers future. Cant be good.
    Tusky - for me off form == not having the self confidence and that comes from not being motivated enough.

Ah come on, thats not always true. You could have the best motivational manager in the world and still have off form players in the team. The players have to take some responsibility.

I think the issue about players playing well comes down to two things
    Motivation
    Playing in the right system

The second one is certainly to do with the manager, and the first one is partly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Tusky wrote: »
    Ah come on, thats not always true. You could have the best motivational manager in the world and still have off form players in the team. The players have to take some responsibility.

Agreed - not always true. But I personally see it as a major factor in this case.

The players just don't seem to be all that bothered in many games. Luton should have been a walk in the park but no one really seemed overly arsed about it. Same with boro, derby, besiktas, etc.. Occasionally they all click together and you can see that they're capable of destroying teams. The rest of the time you wonder if they'd rather be somewhere else playing someone else.

On Carra's form - I do think that's got a lot to do with playing alongside Hypia and having to try be in three places at the same time as a result. I agree we couldn't ask for much more from Hypia but the defense just doesn't look the same without Agger in there. Distribution of the ball from the back is also suffering to a degree as a result imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

What effect does the absence of Pako Ayesteran on liverpools bench have on their dip on form?
    IMO i think that has more to do with it than most of the reasons that have been mentioned.

• Advertisement

What effect does the absence of Pako Ayesteran on liverpools bench have on their dip on form?
    IMO i think that has more to do with it than most of the reasons that have been mentioned.

He was a fitness coach. I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

He was just the fitness coach, who monitored how many minutes each player played during the season, their mobility in each match, and their general fitness level. As far as we know he didn't set the tactics in any way.

Some rumours claim he was the "good cop" to Rafa's "bad cop" to the players though

Well if reports are to be believed, Klinssman was offered the job, which would suggest the owners don't have faith.
    To be honest, if I was the owners, and somebody of Mourinhos/Rikjards record was availible in the summer, I think i'd take him in a second.

Klinsmann himself said that there was no contact made by any English clubs about him.

Why do you believe the tabloid journalists instead of the man himself?

The papers just had to cover their tracks in relation to the whole issue,

week 1: Klinsmann will be new liverpool manager!
    week 2: Klinsmann gets Bayern Munich Job. No English clubs contacted me says Klinsmann.
    week 3: Well Liverpool wanted him really according to "un-named" high ranking bayern officials.

come on, gimme a break.
    zing wrote: »
    tbh I'm coming more and more round to the Mourinho idea (even though I don't much like him).

I think i'd prefer that we didnt win the league anytime soon than get Jose as manager. I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think i'd prefer that we didnt win the league anytime soon than get Jose as manager. I think.

I wouldnt. I'll take the league regardles of who is involved onor off the pitch , within reason. Main one being Diouf.

Stekelly wrote: »
    I wouldnt. I'll take the league regardles of who is involved onor off the pitch , within reason. Main one being Diouf.

selling your soul ste! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

selling your soul ste! ;)

It really has gotten to that stage tbh.

Just in case the devil is reading, feel free to give me a bell.:)

So.

When Rafa eventually does go, be it today, tomorrow, next week, the summer, next year, five years, whenever. IF José took over, you think you'd prefer Liverpool not to win the league?

What?

Alan, you'd be the very one celebrating.

So.

When Rafa eventually does go, be it today, tomorrow, next week, the summer, next year, five years, whenever. IF José took over, you think you'd prefer Liverpool not to win the league?

What?

Alan, you'd be the very one celebrating.

I'm not sure how i'd feel tbh Des, and i dont think i'll ever know unless he gets the job (at some point in the very distant future!)

It would depend on a few things, the main one being, how he behaved!

rofl.

At this stage I think Liverpool fans would take a league win even if Hitler himself was the manager.

How he behaves? ffs, he is outspoken and "controversial" to take the heat off the players. Notice how he always had something to say coming up to big games, and it was "all about José", not the players, or the match, just his latest rant.

Yes, his defence of the undefendable is frustrating at times, but I'm telling you, fans of his clubs love that shít, because, in reality, isn't that what we all do at matches?

"AHHHH JAYSIS REF, HE NEVER TOUCHED HIM FFS" - when clearly your player cleaved the opposition out of it.

• Advertisement

You could be right which is why i have said i wont know for sure unless it ever happens.

But i would like to think Liverpool as a club have a class about them that Jose doesnt exactly embody :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement