Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    They approached Klinsmann in November, the protest marches were the end of November no?

so again, they were about to replace Rafa, they talked to Klinsmann, the fans got wind rafa was about to get the bullet thanks to Bascombe, protests, Klinsmann idea went out the window.
    :eek::eek:
    Ah come on now.

They didn't sack Rafa and get in Ze German because of the fans?

Get a bleedin' grip on reality for a second.

If you think the yanks give a single iota of a blue fúck about the fans, you are sadly, miserably mistaken Alan. You really are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You just said that they had Klinsmann lined up to replace Rafa.....why did they change their mind so if it wasnt for the protests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

all those things happened, but whether they were all related is another thing altogether.

G&H don't give a toss about Rafa or even the fans to a ceertain degree. They know that Liverpool fans will still turn up and that the club will survive. When we got throught the CL group it threw a bit of a spanner in the works with regard to sacking Rafa, but fans protesting etc prob had little effect reallly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

PHB wrote: »
    Not a chance. The Glazers are despised by most if not all United fans. However they couldn't give the slightest **** about that. The only issue is whether or not they can make a profit. The Glazers can apparently, G&H apparently cannot. Their image globally won't be touched at all, why, because it's business, and nobody in business gives a **** about how they treated Rafa.
    Got to agree with PHB on this. The fact Hicks is willing to admit in an interview that they were planning to replace Rafa, despite fans support for him says a lot about their opinion of the fans. While its great to have the fans onside, if they're not **** them. The only concern they have is financial and whoever the manager, Anfield will be full every week. It's sad but true.

nurse_baz wrote: »

G&H don't give a toss about Rafa or even the fans to a ceertain degree.
    To ANY degree.

• Advertisement

Then explain why Des, that Rafa still has a job?

I'm not saying that they dont want to upset the fans, if they wanted to, they would.

Its just i think they really misjudged exactly how the fans felt toward rafa and the protest march showed them that the fans would erupt if they sacked him. Now i'm not doubting that if they REALLY wanted to, they still wouldnt have sacked him, but wat i think is that march made them realise that it wasnt worth the hassle.

that put better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You just said that they had Klinsmann lined up to replace Rafa.....why did they change their mind so if it wasnt for the protests?

What makes you think they changed their mind? What makes you think Klinsmann didn't so no, I'd rather manage Bayern.

Also what was reported was that they offered it to him for next summer, and
    that he wasn't willing to wait, and then Bayern swooped in.

Maybe they misjudged, but they still don't care about the fans, and I don't think you've presented one single reason why they would. It's the same with all the clubs in the premiership. What is the hassle? What's the downside from the fans? They are still going to go to games. They are going to buy season tickets next year. They are going to hate them, oh no, I'm sure they'll feel sad. They don't care once you keep giving them money.

i think they care as much as a farmer cares about his cows really. they're the income, they'll pay the bills so u gotta keep the majority if them sweet. But they know that the usual armchair fan will buy the merchndise year in year out regardless of the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Prendy, you seem to be missing the point massively, what is going on in the board room is already affecting wats going on on the pitch

carragher doesnt think so

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_3054476,00.html

and lads, dont be thinking that fan power kept him in a job, dont be that deluded

You really don't. No season ticket holder isn't gona go next year because they fired Rafa. They are loyal to the team. It's not just armchair fans, it's all fans. That's why football is such a great business to invest in, because the fans are inelastic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

People are nitpicking and looking at the non-story of Rafa's position again. :rolleyes:

This is about a number of things:

1. The money. Yes we were all incredibly naive to believe them when they said it would be different to the Glaziers, so bloody what? Fact is they lied to the supporters, whatever the business reasons. They have not put their hands into their own pockets to buy the club or invest in new players.

2. The stadium. We were promised sod turning within weeks. We were shown plans that it turned out we couldn't afford. This is INCOMPETENCE.

3. The manager. We were told they talked to JURGEN KLINSMANN and offered him the job of managing LFC. A man with ZERO managerial pedigree.

4. The behaviour. We do not want to see "OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM TOM HICKS" on the web site every few weeks. This is not the Liverpool way.

This is NOT the behaviour Liverpool fans want of their owners. This is NOT the behaviour the fans of ANY club would want of their owners.

We don't CARE if the club is run like a profit making enterprise, as long as the owners stay quiet, they support the manager, and they don't put the future of the club at risk either on the pitch or off it.

G+H are not qualified to own Liverpool, that much is clear. Fans of other teams can come on here and bleat all the want about our "dead man walking", "this is just business" etc., we don't care. You would not be saying the same thing if it was your club.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Gillette and Hicks need to keep the local Liverpool fans happy enough or they can make life very difficult for them.

Gillette and Hicks need to keep the local Liverpool fans happy enough or they can make life very difficult for them.

How?

I'm sure fans don't like it, I'm not suggesting they wouldn't, I'm just asking you a very simple question, in what way can the fans have any effect on the owners, who you have admitted, only care about money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

PHB wrote: »
    Also what was reported was that they offered it to him for next summer,
    Sky reporter at Bayern's training ground the other morning claimed that a proposal had been made to him effective immediately and that he'd already started making plans. Or something along those lines. But that's as much hearsay as everything else here.
    and
    that he wasn't willing to wait, and then Bayern swooped in.
    where he has to wait anyway..

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    What the hell does that even mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mr Alan, the blinkered nature of your posting is getting beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Story breaks that Liverpool approached Klinsmann with a view to him becoming manager.
    Your Response: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54855266&postcount=8094

Its confirmed that Klinsmann was indeed approached:
    Your response: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54892717&postcount=8550

Rafa is caught red handed stealing sweets from a 7 year old kid outside a local school. 3 million witnesses all say they saw him sneak up behind the young lad, take a half pound of pear drops out of the wee fellas jacket pocket and proceed to eat said pear drops.
    Your response:
    http://papercuts.tscpl.org/innocent%20man.jpg

TAKE OFF THE BLINKERS!

Simple fact is is that all the fans can do is express their anger and hope that things that are firmly beyond their control conspire to rid us of these guys (or at least one of them).

You cannot criticise Liverpool fans now for being vocal in their anger, or irrational in their interpretation of how effective this anger is. It is a worrying time.

no one is really criticising, the issue is that it'll make sod all difference to G&H

Original articles on the echo site have been edited since. The 'A source close to DIC' quotes have all been removed.

no one is really criticising, the issue is that it'll make sod all difference to G&H

It's an emotive thing, not a rational one, please excuse us in our hours of naive stupidity. It'll all be over soon.

• Advertisement

relax....i'm a liverpool supporter too, have been for 20 years and this whole sham is depressing me too!! i'm well aware of the emotions of the issue, it'll all be alright in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*group hug*

Mike.

Pighead wrote: »
    Mr Alan, the blinkered nature of your posting is getting beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Story breaks that Liverpool approached Klinsmann with a view to him becoming manager.
    Your Response: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54855266&postcount=8094

Its confirmed that Klinsmann was indeed approached:
    Your response: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54892717&postcount=8550

Rafa is caught red handed stealing sweets from a 7 year old kid outside a local school. 3 million witnesses all say they saw him sneak up behind the young lad, take a half pound of pear drops out of the wee fellas jacket pocket and proceed to eat said pear drops.
    Your response:
    http://papercuts.tscpl.org/innocent%20man.jpg

TAKE OFF THE BLINKERS!

Story breaks that liverpool approached klinsmann:

in fairness to me at that time, i dont really take what i read in the red tops seriously. klinsmann came and and denied ever being approached by Liverpool. i tend to believe actual people in instances like this. granted this time it bit me on the arse. would you prefer i take everything i read in tabloids as fact?

the rest of your points were bull****e, except for the last one, that made me smile :)

this is be doing the rounds on the net, the person who originally posted has had some great inside knowledge in the past . . . i know! i know! everyone says that, but a lot of people seem to taking it seriously incl people who usually wouldnt. incl founding members of RTK and mods on RAOTL (who usually hate everything and call it bull****!)

may obviously not be true, but definately interesting and worth a read.
    Hello,

The Dubai group were not best pleased when they were 'stabbed in the back' by Rick Parry back in December 2006.

During December 2006, D.I.C thought they had secured Liverpool, but due to 'mystery' leaks coming out from the Dubai Group, documents were gifted to Rick Parry, that he in turn gave to George Gillett. That enabled Gillett to form his speedy relationship with Tom Hicks.

Once they knew what D.I.C's final offer would be & when it was to be submitted, all they had to do was wait for D.I.C to make that final offer - then make there move.

I know from taking with my source that Tom Hicks is seen as the mover & shaker out of the pair.

George Gillett is a known - but if Tom Hicks is *issed - everyone knows quickly.

As I said in a different thread, there has been a power struggle going on at Anfield - kinda like a triangle - Gillett & Hicks - Hicks & Benitez.

Things at the moment are strained, but at a stalemate.

But taking all the unrest out of the equation, it is known that the American pair are facing serious difficulty in re-financing there original loan.

Liverpool FC was paid for exclusively by The Royal Bank of Scotland.

Hicks & Gillett have not put 1 cent of there own money into the “Liverpool Project’.

Credit crunch - my *rse.

If they are businessmen worth there salts - they will have known problems were on the horizon.

The problem for the pair is they borrowed 220 million originally & in the following months that debt climbed to over 350 million.

Wigs within Anfield are aware, as it has been made known to certain individuals within the club –

D.I.C are ready to make a 500+ million pound hostile take over.

When I say hostile as I did so before on a different thread, it was picked up by someone.

Let me clarify what I meant.

D.I.C are not in an every day scenario now – they know that money is a big problem for the Americans & they will do exactly to the Americans as they did to D.I.C.

They know they only have to bide there time – which is soon to be here.

The Royal Bank of Scotland have told Hicks & Gillett – in order to get there loan re-financed, they have to put up a minimum of 20 million each, from there own personal fortunes.

Gillett is prepared as it seems he does have a love for the club (well more than just money) but Hicks is not willing to play ball.

Even if he does agree, Hicks is too shrewd not to know that this ‘Project’ is going to make massive inroads in to his own personal fortune – which he is not prepared to do.

Opinions shared within Liverpool, are that Hicks will agree to the re-financing terms, but if as expected D.I.C come in with a bid that see Hicks make a profit – however small – he will say thank you, then cut & run.

Gillett will be forced to take the same route if Hicks withdraws.

D.I.C are said to be offering the pair 50+ million each profit.

D.I.C have made it known to Hicks & Gillett, they are prepared to discuss takeover talks & the amounts involved & it’s just a matter of time before they take place.

The majority of the money men in the city share the opinion that Hicks & Gillett won’t even make the revised deal that’s on offer from The Royal Bank of Scotland & again D.I.C would jump in.

D.I.C have already held talks with The Royal Bank of Scotland & are understood to have come to an agreement on how the deal with the bank would go through, if the Americans fail to re-negotiate the current deal.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has agreed that Sameer Al Ansari, a self confessed Liverpool fan can move when he feels the time is right.

The moves are ready to be played out & it looks very much like Liverpool FC is going to be owned by two owners within a very short space of time.

Ansari has made it clear D.I.C will invest massively in Liverpool, with the new stadium & new players being top priority.

These men are obscenely rich & have equally wealthy backers in all four corners of there world.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the current Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, whilst also being the ruler of Dubai & he along with his friends want to put Liverpool at the top of world football.

I know most Chairmen say the same thing when they arrive, but these guys are different.

Is it purely for footballing reasons?

Or is it maybe to do with things that go a lot deeper than football – like politics.

Who knows – but they are serious & will not stop until they get what they want this time.

One thing is for sure - Rick Parry will be a distant memory by the time D.I.C bring over there people to watch the first game as owners of Liverpool football club.

More on this to follow – be sure of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yeah, Ive seen that posted on various forums. Lots and lots of normally synical posters seem to believe it. I think it sounds too good to be true. Only time will tell.

Liverpool FC the soap opera continues.

We're the new Newcastle, didnt ya hear?! ;)

Supposedly Lawrenson was on the radio somewhere today and also said that a source he trusts from within Anfield, has advised him that a takeover is imminent.

fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

lol thats funny anyone see the massive glaring problem with it?

PHB have you a loan? Can i talk to your bank on your behalf and refinance it, im sure it will be fine :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Lets pretend we are the new Newcastle, Rafa gets fired and the next day Dalglish gets unveiled as the new manager. Would there be marching and protests on the streets?

Well?

Backwards step.

Not for me.(a big difference would be that Kenny actually won something for us though!;))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Lets pretend we are the new Newcastle, Rafa gets fired and the next day Dalglish gets unveiled as the new manager. Would there be marching and protests on the streets?

Well?

i'd love it...:o (sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

this is be doing the rounds on the net, the person who originally posted has had some great inside knowledge in the past . . . i know! i know! everyone says that, but a lot of people seem to taking it seriously incl people who usually wouldnt. incl founding members of RTK and mods on RAOTL (who usually hate everything and call it bull****!)

may obviously not be true, but definately interesting and worth a read.
    Hello,

The Dubai group were not best pleased when they were 'stabbed in the back' by Rick Parry back in December 2006.

During December 2006, D.I.C thought they had secured Liverpool, but due to 'mystery' leaks coming out from the Dubai Group, documents were gifted to Rick Parry, that he in turn gave to George Gillett. That enabled Gillett to form his speedy relationship with Tom Hicks.

Once they knew what D.I.C's final offer would be & when it was to be submitted, all they had to do was wait for D.I.C to make that final offer - then make there move.

I know from taking with my source that Tom Hicks is seen as the mover & shaker out of the pair.

George Gillett is a known - but if Tom Hicks is *issed - everyone knows quickly.

As I said in a different thread, there has been a power struggle going on at Anfield - kinda like a triangle - Gillett & Hicks - Hicks & Benitez.

Things at the moment are strained, but at a stalemate.

But taking all the unrest out of the equation, it is known that the American pair are facing serious difficulty in re-financing there original loan.

Liverpool FC was paid for exclusively by The Royal Bank of Scotland.

Hicks & Gillett have not put 1 cent of there own money into the “Liverpool Project’.

Credit crunch - my *rse.

If they are businessmen worth there salts - they will have known problems were on the horizon.

The problem for the pair is they borrowed 220 million originally & in the following months that debt climbed to over 350 million.

Wigs within Anfield are aware, as it has been made known to certain individuals within the club –

D.I.C are ready to make a 500+ million pound hostile take over.

When I say hostile as I did so before on a different thread, it was picked up by someone.

Let me clarify what I meant.

D.I.C are not in an every day scenario now – they know that money is a big problem for the Americans & they will do exactly to the Americans as they did to D.I.C.

They know they only have to bide there time – which is soon to be here.

The Royal Bank of Scotland have told Hicks & Gillett – in order to get there loan re-financed, they have to put up a minimum of 20 million each, from there own personal fortunes.

Gillett is prepared as it seems he does have a love for the club (well more than just money) but Hicks is not willing to play ball.

Even if he does agree, Hicks is too shrewd not to know that this ‘Project’ is going to make massive inroads in to his own personal fortune – which he is not prepared to do.

Opinions shared within Liverpool, are that Hicks will agree to the re-financing terms, but if as expected D.I.C come in with a bid that see Hicks make a profit – however small – he will say thank you, then cut & run.

Gillett will be forced to take the same route if Hicks withdraws.

D.I.C are said to be offering the pair 50+ million each profit.

D.I.C have made it known to Hicks & Gillett, they are prepared to discuss takeover talks & the amounts involved & it’s just a matter of time before they take place.

The majority of the money men in the city share the opinion that Hicks & Gillett won’t even make the revised deal that’s on offer from The Royal Bank of Scotland & again D.I.C would jump in.

D.I.C have already held talks with The Royal Bank of Scotland & are understood to have come to an agreement on how the deal with the bank would go through, if the Americans fail to re-negotiate the current deal.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has agreed that Sameer Al Ansari, a self confessed Liverpool fan can move when he feels the time is right.

The moves are ready to be played out & it looks very much like Liverpool FC is going to be owned by two owners within a very short space of time.

Ansari has made it clear D.I.C will invest massively in Liverpool, with the new stadium & new players being top priority.

These men are obscenely rich & have equally wealthy backers in all four corners of there world.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the current Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, whilst also being the ruler of Dubai & he along with his friends want to put Liverpool at the top of world football.

I know most Chairmen say the same thing when they arrive, but these guys are different.

Is it purely for footballing reasons?

Or is it maybe to do with things that go a lot deeper than football – like politics.

Who knows – but they are serious & will not stop until they get what they want this time.

One thing is for sure - Rick Parry will be a distant memory by the time D.I.C bring over there people to watch the first game as owners of Liverpool football club.

More on this to follow – be sure of that.

if this happened it would be the best thing to ever happen to liverpool,the only thing i question is how the guy who wrote this,who obviously lives in liverpool and has sources with the club,knows how and what dic are doing.he says they are waiting for the right time to bid,how does he know that?I have my doubts that the ruler of dubai and his investment company would let some scouser know there dealings and i also have read in the papers that rick parry has stayed in contact with dic,this contradicts what the above says about parry getting the sack.who knows whats going on but these rumours aint coming from no-where

any chance of links to the forums where they are discusing it,im on this is anfield and they arent talking about this particular posr(that i can find) i also found that someone posted this exact post on some random forum on sunday?

KdjaCL wrote: »
    lol thats funny anyone see the massive glaring problem with it?

PHB have you a loan? Can i talk to your bank on your behalf and refinance it, im sure it will be fine :D

kdjac

I can see where your going with this, but the case with Liverpool and RBOS is a bit different from say a car loan.

It is common knowledge that RBOS loaned G&H the cash for the Liverpool takeover.

Its also known that this loan was for 12 months and G&H have to have it either paid off or refinanced within the next 6 weeks or so. The actual date escapes me right now but anyways.

If the loan is not paid off or a refinancing package isn't agreed by that date, then Liverpool FC will become property of RBOS, what the post says is that DIC have talked to RBOS about what would happen if this occurs, i.e. them stepping in to buy the club from RBOS.

So what you say is true, RBOS couldn't talk to DIC about refinancing the G&H original loan, but they could talk about buying the asset that is Liverpool FC, if it came into RBOS's hands.

Despite saying this, I'm taking this and evrything else I hear about a DIC takeover with a pinch of salt until it becomes official. There are rumours that just won't go away, and like i said before there's no smaoke without fire,but this could all be being blown out of proportion or misread by hopeful fans

StevieG as you've never seen him before and will probably have to wait 50 or 60 years to see again.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=508924&in_page_id=1773

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

the hilarious party was doused with a touch of controversy when Mail midlfielder Momo Sissokko stormed in as terror chief Osama Bin Laden.

:eek:

Fabio Aurelio though, what a ledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

zing wrote: »
    StevieG as you've never seen him before and will probably have to wait 50 or 60 years to see again.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=508924&in_page_id=1773

That was amazing, can't even see Gerrard in that old guy.
    Daily Mail wrote:
    And the hilarious party was doused with a touch of controversy when Mail midlfielder Momo Sissokko stormed in as terror chief Osama Bin Laden.

Legend, let's keep him after all. :D

• Advertisement

Saw somewhere else that it was Itandje that went as Osama. Considering the African Nations Cup starts this weekend I doubt if Momo was partying in Liverpool the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

zing wrote: »
    Saw somewhere else that it was Itandje that went as Osama. Considering the African Nations Cup starts this weekend I doubt if Momo was partying in Liverpool the other night.

Good stuff, we need the money from MoMo.

Promote Itandje to first choice keeper, what did Pepe go as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

id say that party was some craic...carra looks the part and you wouldnt know stevie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

jaysus, they go all out for parties, dont they?

looks deadly, wonder how long did gerrards take to put on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

god id love to get roaring drunk with peter crouch :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

If the loan is not paid off or a refinancing package isn't agreed by that date, then Liverpool FC will become property of RBOS

I dont want to be alarmist but it:

Doesnt work like that. If the holdings company that owns Liverpool cannot refinace or repay the debt by the date in question then they and Liverpool will go into administration. As Creditors RBOS will be repayed after Liverpool is sold BY THE ADMINISTRATORS not by RBOS.

Isnt there also a 15pt deduction for going into administration? Only kidding Liverpool fc dont go into administarion, the holdings company do. However, If the debt was loaded to Liverpool then Liverpool fc would go into administartion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

If Dalglish was to ever get the Liverpool job again i think it would be the most disgraceful decision in the history of football. He is the reason we were in a such a decline for all those years, people blame Souness but Dalglish started the rot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Melion wrote: »
    If Dalglish was to ever get the Liverpool job again i think it would be the most disgraceful decision in the history of football. He is the reason we were in a such a decline for all those years, people blame Souness but Dalglish started the rot.

yeah, 3 titles in 5 years is shocking stuff, as is signing Aldridge, Beardsley and Barnes, not to mention Redknap and helping to bring through McManaman.

Of course people blame Souness. It's his fault

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

yeah, 3 titles in 5 years is shocking stuff, as is signing Aldridge, Beardsley and Barnes, not to mention Redknap and helping to bring through McManaman.

Of course people blame Souness. It's his fault

Anyone could have won the title with the team Dalglish inherited from Fagan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Melion wrote: »
    Anyone could have won the title with the team Dalglish inherited from Fagan.

so how exactly did he start the rot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

1.) Dalglish has not, and never will be offered the Liverpool manager's job again.

2.) Shut up.

Nothing new from Tony Barrett in the Echo today. Just repeats that Hicks has denied planning to sell, that DIC are waiting int he background and that it's sh1t or get off the pot time for Gillet.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/01/18/tom-hicks-says-we-ll-not-sell-up-100252-20365912/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kenny D will not be Liverpool manager again, how he started the rot was simple - he left behind a squad of ageing stars and callow newbies. The development of the squad stalled under Dalglish. Its not a herasy to say that, he was possibly Pools greatest player but he took his eye off the medium to long term aims while manager.

Then Souness took over and signed up some rubbishy players.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

mike65 wrote: »
    Then Souness took over and signed up some rubbishy players.

Mike.

Julian Dicks wasnt player was he? i always thought he was a boxer... or at the least a 'football comedian'? it was the 90's, ecstasy was the in thing and everyone wanted a laugh, even graeme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The fancy dress party :D

Everyone seems to make an effort and then there's Torres, Bable, Voronin and Masch all just in their normal clothes. Pepe went as the Queen and apparently Lucas was dressed as Geri Halliwell.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement