Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Mr Alan wrote: »
    cannot judge players from youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCA76UrfPGk

see wat i mean?! ;)

if he can start scoring again,he has a better finish than kuyt tbh.put him up front lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

dc69 wrote: »
    if this happens and benitez stays and ferguson retires in the next few years,i guarentee liverpool will be like the 80's,they will dominate.these clowns will pour 100's of millions in.regardless of what anyone says.these arabs etc want to proove a point and they will do it.im sure

I like your optimism.:)

Dub13 wrote: »
    I like your optimism.:)

man,i have had a few beers but i guarantee it.ferguson is like shankly,when he leaves they will go to ****e.these arabs hate the western world,have a point too proove and will pour millions into a club to show they are the best,wait and see,im telling you.DOMINATION!

all we have to do is bide our time,hope rafa stays in charge ala ferguson and we will run the league for years.only a few managers can survive at the top level buying players.what i mean is not wasting the owners money and buying players that wont work.furgeson is very good at it and every player he has bought in the last 4 years,benitez has looked at but hasnt had the money to buy.if these guys provide money then we will have the oppertunity to buy these players and we will run it.i cant see carlos queerez :) running utd like furgeson and they will be fragile.

clubs outside liverpool.utd.arsenal
    wont be able to compete in the next 20 years because it wont be a viable business venture,ie what is the point building a 70,000 stadium if you cant fill it,the aforementioned clubs,i fell are the only ones who can properly dominate,chelski will go,abramovich will get tired and they simply dont have the fanbase to make it a viable business intrest for him to pour money into!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

man,i have had a few beers but i guarantee it.ferguson is like shankly,when he leaves they will go to ****e.these arabs hate the western world,have a point too proove and will pour millions into a club to show they are the best,wait and see,im telling you.DOMINATION!

all we have to do is bide our time,hope rafa stays in charge ala ferguson and we will run the league for years.only a few managers can survive at the top level buying players.what i mean is not wasting the owners money and buying players that wont work.furgeson is very good at it and every player he has bought in the last 4 years,benitez has looked at but hasnt had the money to buy.if these guys provide money then we will have the oppertunity to buy these players and we will run it.i cant see carlos queerez :) running utd like furgeson and they will be fragile.

wont be able to compete in the next 20 years because it wont be a viable business venture,ie what is the point building a 70,000 stadium if you cant fill it,the aforementioned clubs,i fell are the only ones who can properly dominate,chelski will go,abramovich will get tired and they simply dont have the fanbase to make it a viable business intrest for him to pour money into!

What if they take the piss and insist all the Liverpool players grow full beards?

That'd be class actually.

Maybe that's why Rafa grew the smig in the summer, he was showing solidarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

what are you drinking btw, and...er..where did u buy it. just so i know like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ha ha and the award for Optomist of the Century goes to......this man!!!

Not a hope of there being a title at Liverpool in the next few years, never mind a dynasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

The Who's "Meet the New Boss, same as the Old Boss" line is going around in my head. How do we know for sure DIC will do the right thing by the club?

Btw, 130 mil profit?? Great business men if nothing else.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ha ha and the award for Optomist of the Century goes to......this man!!!

Not a hope of there being a title at Liverpool in the next few years, never mind a dynasty.

if they buy the club i gaurantee liverpool will win the title next year,if your a barca man xavi,yous can have stevie g,we are getting kaka.(only joking,wouldnt swap)

im drinking dutch mould and a few heinos.gents

seriously though,i am doing business in college and did a bit of study on the dic boys,all i can say is that they dont do things in half measures and they are # as rich as abromavich,aproxomitely $19 billion,if not richer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Not a hope of there being a title at Liverpool in the next few years

Why is that now? Shinawatra ("the taxman") and Sven gonna be too busy winning everything available?

dont make me laugh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

.ferguson is like shankly,when he leaves they will go to ****e.

WTF? In what way did Liverpool go to **** after Shankly retired?

Just in case you missed it , heres the 10 years after he left 75 -85

League winner:
    1975-76 1976-77
    1978-79 1979-80 1981-82 1982-83 1983-84
    1985-86

FA Cup Winners:
    1985-86

League Cup Winners:
    1980-81 1981-82 1982-83 1983-84

European Cup Winners:
    1976-77 1977-78 1980-81 1983-84

UEFA Cup Winners:
    1975-76

Charity Shield Winners:
    1976 1977* 1979 1980 1982

If thats gone to ****, I cant wait till we go there again.

• Advertisement

neither can I !

sory,maybe u missed the line,where i said i had a few beers.feel free to take encouragement from it though and the rest of my words

i would also like to talk about people who say benitez isnt an easy man to deal with and he rotates too much.how would you feel if you had left a title winning club,probably promised backing,never recieved it and then critisised in the press for not winnning the title.i wouldnt be happy,the man needs money.he needs at the least 2 new winger and a couple of fullbacks and a new striker would do,although babel can do striker

Why is that now? Shinawatra ("the taxman") and Sven gonna be too busy winning everything available?

dont make me laugh :D

Isn't this the Liverpool forum? When did I ever mention us winning the title? We won't for a long time. Maybe you need to face the same reality. Arsenal, United and Chelsea are streets ahead of 'pool at the moment.

neither can I !

sory,maybe u missed the line,where i said i had a few beers.feel free to take encouragement from it though and the rest of my words

Nope I got it, but I didnt expect your whole brain to leave the planet cos you had a few beers.

Isn't this the Liverpool forum? When did I ever mention us winning the title? We won't for a long time. Maybe you need to face the same reality. Arsenal, United and Chelsea are streets ahead of 'pool at the moment.

Meh , nothing a few hundred million cant fix. It did it for Chelsea in a year.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Meh , nothing a few hundred million cant fix. It did it for Chelsea in a year.

Oh of course. Sure look at the change in us in a year. I pinch myself everyday. I just don't think the deal is as rosy as people are making out and I also don't think Rafa will last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

if this happens and benitez stays and ferguson retires in the next few years,i guarentee liverpool will be like the 80's,they will dominate.these clowns will pour 100's of millions in.regardless of what anyone says.these arabs etc want to proove a point and they will do it.im sure

bahaha
    man,i have had a few beers

That explains it.
    these arabs hate the western world

What a sweeping generalistation!

tbh you can make posts like that if you want,if your a liverpool fan,you will see the best thing to ever happen to us ,will be the arabs buying us.
    please leave the political correctness,generalisation **** at home please,we face enough of that crap through every media outlet,without anyone getting it on forums

tbh you can make posts like that if you want,if your a liverpool fan,you will see the best thing to ever happen to us ,will be the arabs buying us.
    please leave the political correctness,generalisation **** at home please,we face enough of that crap through every media outlet,without anyone getting it on forums

Em aren't you the one who generalised? How about you leave it at home?

Racism FTW!

you know it

• Advertisement

dc69- i think you need a lie down.

Xavi, i really dont think we are as far away as you think. this season hasnt gone according to plan, but there has been turmoil at the club, the likes of which liverpool has never really seen, not making excuses, just stating facts. and i think we'll be close enough by the end of the season.

and the guy who heads DIC is a massive red and is on record as being a massive admirer of Rafa, if they come in, Rafa'll be staying, in fact i wouldnt be suprised if the only reason rafa hasnt walked is because he has been assured by moores/parry/DIC that the yanks are on their way out the door. he walked from Valencia for a whole lot less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The arabs are coming over and taking our jobs:(

Get enough of it from the media ? Well saying all Arabs hate the western world sounds like you have been buying into the media coverage of the war in Iraq a little too much. I can assure you, all Arabs do not hate the western world. I'm seriously tempted to quote all your posts from this evening so they can be viewed together. You're coming out with some ridiculous stuff.

dc69- i think you need a lie down.

Xavi, i really dont think we are as far away as you think. this season hasnt gone according to plan, but there has been turmoil at the club, the likes of which liverpool has never really seen, not making excuses, just stating facts. and i think we'll be close enough by the end of the season.

and the guy who heads DIC is a massive red and is on record as being a massive admirer of Rafa, if they come in, Rafa'll be staying, in fact i wouldnt be suprised if the only reason rafa hasnt walked is because he has been assured by moores/parry/DIC that the yanks are on their way out the door. he walked from Valencia for a whole lot less.

But isn't that what you say every year to be fair?

im sorry,im just upset,the way things are happening.all i want is for the pool to at least contest the league and i feel we arent gona do that under the americans because they wont put up the funds,i assure you all ,i amnt a racist or a bigot,im just upset and have had a few to many beers.:(

But isn't that what you say every year to be fair?

no, i dont say it every year, some liverpool fans do though. but i think even you can admit, to say there has been some unrest at the club would be putting it very very mildly.

Your signature is changing by the minute Alan.

lol, sorry about that! got a mail from someone from boards.ie, the levitating Rafa isnt allowed :( couldnt make up my mind, sorted now though, when in doubt, revert to the princess bride ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

are you allowed to shed light on why the levitating Rafa's not allowed, that thing was class.

• Advertisement

are you allowed to shed light on why the levitating Rafa's not allowed, that thing was class.

Heh, its no big secret! Dont think GIFs are allowed as sigs.
    lol, sorry about that! got a mail from someone from boards.ie, the levitating Rafa isnt allowed :( couldnt make up my mind, sorted now though, when in doubt, revert to the princess bride ;)

Your current sig isn't allowed either, its too big.

got this message;

Mr. Alan,

Please don't take this personally but your sig violates the sig rules. Animation is not allowed.

Check the rules out on the first page here.

Could you please change it in line with this?

Thanks

ah well :(

ah ffs!

back to the drawing board so!

ah ffs!

back to the drawing board so!

Just trim the top & bottom of it. I had a great sig and the admins took it away cause it was too big :( I cried.

dont know how to do all that trimming ****e, computors are not my strong suit, despite the amount of time i spend on em! i'll find something else!

dont know how to do all that trimming ****e, computors are not my strong suit, despite the amount of time i spend on em! i'll find something else!

Here.

http://i25.tinypic.com/ayn1nk.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Tusky, really appreciate that
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks a million Tusky, really appreciate that.

No botha. Off to bed with me.

Awwww isn't this cute. United and Liverpool fans living in harmony lol

TUSKYS A UNITED FAN?!?!?!??!?

i feel violated :(

Awwww isn't this cute. United and Liverpool fans living in harmony lol

What ? I support Liverpool mate!

This just goes to show how fair and unbiased I am in my posting ;)

• Advertisement

thats wat i thought!?!

Xavi, how dare you put that tag upon someone! you should know better! ;)

Damn it my sh1t stirring was rumbled. Nearly worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is everyone sober yet?

Bascombe story is not an exclusive, the story is actually by the BBC. Namely the presenter of the fivelive Sunday review programme 9-10 am Gary Richards. He says the DIC valuation is about 300 million and initial negotiations have already taken place.

The deal could be done within a week - a close associate of G&H said that the pair were well and truly sick of Liverpool FC and could'nt wait to exit with a tidy profit.

When Lauro said he thought the pair would be gone before Rafa, maybe that wasn't speculation.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

So moving on, assuming that they buy, and they give the recommend 25 million net transfer spend.
    So you sell Carson, Riise, Crouch/Kuyt, Sissoko, and you get 20ish-30ish million, I'd say about 25.
    That's 50 million, what are you gona do with it?
    Mascherano - 17 million
    New Striker - 20 million
    New Winger - 13 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Would go a long way to making us genuinely competitive. At some point though, the spending does have to stop and the performances will have to be forthcoming. There is no doubting that while Rafa has spent quite a hefty penny, he hasn't made many high profile big money signings when compared to Chelsea and United in recent years. If, by the beginning of next season, he has 3, 4 or 5 big signings under his belt, there will no excuses for not genuinely competing.

I would also be expecting a handful of the 20 odd youth players he has signed in recent years to start making an impression. I saw something during the week that seemed to give the impression that these players were signed to negate the inevitable effect that the cost of new stadium would have on transfer budget while it was being built. If so, tis good long term planning and makes me wonder whether the success the Arsenal are currently having with their current crop of youngsters can be attirbuted to a similar policy being employed prior to and while the Emirates being built. The fact that they are bordering on breaking even on signings since moving to the stadium is an indicator of how effective such a plan could possibly be if it is in fact the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

The-Rigger wrote: »
    What if they take the piss and insist all the Liverpool players grow full beards?

That'd be class actually.

Maybe that's why Rafa grew the smig in the summer, he was showing solidarity.

:D Momo would be in his element after his fancy-dress appearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

PHB wrote: »

Either head to Vegas and put it on black or give it to the manager and let him decide how to spend it.

A good article by Dion Fanning. As with a lot of articles it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/rafa-revolts-1269774.html

One thing that worries me a bit here is that the figures being touted around that DIC are supposedly proposing to bid are very far off G & H's valuation of the club. However that valuation is totally unrealistic given the lack of the new stadium and the amount of debt involved. But it does sound like G&H stand to make a nice tidy profit either way and hopefully that'll be enough to tempt them - particularly money man Hicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

what would worry me would be the stuff that often goes on after a purchase and the inevitable let's see if we like the manager rubbish. along with the will we won't we spend the money that we said we will when we bought rubbish.

PHB wrote: »
    So moving on, assuming that they buy, and they give the recommend 25 million net transfer spend.
    So you sell Carson, Riise, Crouch/Kuyt, Sissoko, and you get 20ish-30ish million, I'd say about 25.
    Mascherano - 17 million
    New Striker - 20 million
    New Winger - 13 million

Carson - 8
    Sissoko - 8
    Risse - 5
    Crouch - 10 (I'd rather Voronin & Kuyt were sold & Babel used as a striker)
    Guthrie - 3
    34m + 25 = 59.

Mascherano - 12 (Heavily rumored he will cost around 12)
    New Striker - 22
    New Winger - 17
    New LB - 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

We've been doing this net spend of 20-25m thing for years, and its getting us nowhere very fast. Hopefully whoever owns the club next summer will see this and step up to the plate with more. Otherwise we're just going to continue to struggle to holding on to being one of the top 4 rather than being a viable contender.

Babel needs to be moved forward, Kuyt and Voronin sold, another top striker signed, two top class wingers, and a left back and backup central defender. Oh and Masch needs to be signed up as well.

To do this, approx 80m will be required. Anything else, and we'll continue to slowly go backwards.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement