Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

happy birthday btw Dub13! :)

Thank you....how do you know its today don't think I mentioned it anywhere and nobody checks the who's birthday it is today page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Penant not in England squad, still he'll be fresh for the league.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i know everything about you!

ah no only messing, saw it on the whos birthday it is today thing when i was trying to find out how to read deleted posts! joined that IrishKop.com thing the other day btw was talking to Pam about getting tickets for the night in the tram-can't wait!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Good man,I am 28 today last couple of years in the 20s.

The tram night is going to be great the last on was,but get tickets early as it will sell out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Pm sent to ya Dub13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

mike65 wrote:
    Penant not in England squad, still he'll be fresh for the league.

Mike.
    I'm very surprised at that omission. Did he annoy the FA hierarchy in the past or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeha its an odd one, im not sure id put him above beckham or a fit and playing SWP or Lennon, but with Lennon and Becks injured (becks limped out of his last galaxy game so im assuming wont be playing) he surely deserved a chance..been playing very well, upping his game loads. Would have thought he definately get picked ahead of bently at least since the whole U-21 thing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

From the BBC transfers page.
    1655: LIVERPOOL in/LYON out
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! More than four hours since a signing in the Premier League but finally ladies and gentlemen we have a transfer to talk about. Not sure who he is, but 19-year-old midfielder Damien Plessi has joined the Reds. If he goes on to big things you'll remember where you were when he signed. He's the bloke who snapped the boredom. S Sumra has texted to tell us this fella's the "new Zidane".

Oh noes another new Zidane, we know all about the last one!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

As one "new Zidane" leaves another arrives :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156863070831-1618.htm
    Liverpool have beaten the transfer deadline to snap up the services of French youngster Damien Plessi from Lyon.
    The 19 year old holding midfield player will be added to the reserve ranks at Melwood.

"He is a good player, big and strong, and we're sure he'll do well for us," said manager Rafael Benitez today.

"He's only a young boy with plenty of time to work on his game but it depends on his progress how quickly he can force his way into the first team."

...someone's just gonna have to sit Rafa down and have an intervention. "Rafa, we think you may have a problem...we think you may be addicted to holding midfielders.."

<EDIT>

Apparantly Paul Anderson has had a fantastic start to his Swansea loan spell. Scored on his first start with a bit of a scorcher
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z944iMwpObM
    Here's a swansea forum anyway where people seem very pleased with his pace and ability in their ratings;
    http://www.swansonline.net/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=42&thread_id=908

My team

Reina
    Finnan-Hyypia-Agger-Arbeloa
    Pennant--Alonso--Masch-Riise
    Torres--Voronin

(please let that be an 11 pointer).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Not too worried about the line-up for tomorrow; anything we cough out should be good enough to beat this Derby team.

Hoping for a big win though, preferably with a couple of strikers on the scoresheet to give a big confidence boost. I'd probably play Babel and have Leto or Lucas on the bench for a run-out, just to give them some more (relatively comfortable) blooding into the PL.

4-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Will Voronin start with Torres tomorrow? I hope so, got a bet on that Torres will score more than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i would never back Torres to outscore anybody to be honest....his goalscoring record is "ahem" shall we say sketchy? good player, but not a prolific goalscorer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

...someone's just gonna have to sit Rafa down and have an intervention. "Rafa, we think you may have a problem...we think you may be addicted to holding midfielders.."

LOL :) True

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

Reina

Finnan

Hyypia

Agger

Arbeloa - I'm hoping we are near the end of Riise being a constant in the team

Alonso - rested midweek, definite starter

Pennant - rested midweek, Yossi ran his socks off so he won't be fresh

Leiva - after only 20 mins midweek, I think either Leiva could be due their first league start of the season. Masch and Sissoko ran their socks off midweek.

Babel - I think Rafa is doing a Pennant on this lad. Hasn't impressed me so far, has looked sluggish, but Rafa sees the potential so is hoping his confidance improves if he keeps playing him.

Torres - obviously

Voronin - kuyt had a great game but with the amount of running he did, he has to be rested for this, hence Voronin is in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Maybe Rafa plans to buy every available Holding midfielder and have a monopoly on them? That way he can dictate the price to the market?
    Either that or he's planning on playing a team of holding midfielders for a laugh later sometime?

Is todays game on Setanta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I don't see the point of all these PMs. Basically he typed out a manc chant to the tune of "We won it 5 times" that references the Hillsborough disaster.

Mystery over.

Its one thing abusing a fellow poster in the heat of an arguement, which IMO can be excused, but that kind of ugly, unwarranted, hateful commentary is inexcusable.
    It was the Hysel (sp?) disaster. And its not a very nice song at all, yet not as bad as "Michael Shield Has Got 4 More Years" which i will admit when i heard sung i felt disgusted. You have to understand it not all us "Manc's" who sing these offensive songs, just a disturbed minority. I am a Manchester United fan, but ill stick to "He Goes By The Name Of Wayne Rooney" thank you very much.

Oh and hey, the Kopites "Busby Babes" song it hardly pleasant.

On todays game, can anyone quickly tell me if Gerrard is playing? Cuz i need to sub him back into my fantasy team if he is.

• Advertisement

Nope deffo out.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

dardoz wrote:

Voronin - kuyt had a great game but with the amount of running he did, he has to be rested for this, hence Voronin is in

Kuyt can run all week if he wanted to :D

Liverpool drawn away to Reading in 3rd Round Carling Cup. Tougher than others, but still shouldnt be a huge obstacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Its on Setanta 1 at 3. Deadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Its on Setanta 1 at 3. Deadly
    yeah, should be a good one, ManYoo v Sunderland are on after it as well.

Team

Reina
    Finnan-Hyypia-Agger-Arbeloa
    Pennant-Masch-Alonso-Babel
    Torres--Kuyt

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Finally got a decent stream working for this game.

Good to see Masch starting. Would have liked to see Yossi instead of Babel. That would have given me 11 in FantasyRafa.

Edit - Bloody typical. As soon as I posted that it went haywire and I missed the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

2-0, great move and nice finish by Babel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Missed that one too. :( This stream sucks.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

very nice finish by babel, dummied two defenders on the edge of box and sent keeper the wrong way.

we were well on top, but too many long range efforts for my liking. Should be more than 2 up. Pennant having another great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Terrible decision to give a freekick for the first goal. Yet again. Can we expect a letter of apology to Derby County, or will you try get the Ref suspended again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Pennant is having a stormer, hes really come on lepas and bounds.
    Kuyt's missed a couple of denet chances, nothing differnet there. Torres still looking dangerous when he gets the ball but hasnt done much.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote:
    Terrible decision to give a freekick for the first goal. Yet again. Can we expect a letter of apology to Derby County, or will you try get the Ref suspended again?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mike.

Archimedes wrote:

jesus, talk about bitter (and not making any sense). liverpool had nothing to do with getting the ref suspended and what are you going on about with the letter.

it was a free on nearly on the halfway line, not a peno decision. Besides, it wasn't a terrible decision, pennant had a ball, knocked it past the defender and got charged into. nothing like the chelsea peno. notice how not one of the derby players complained?

grow up and stop acting the fool.

anyway back on topic, how did we just miss an open goal?! alonso should have stuck that away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just as I thought. As long as it goes in your favour, its not a scandal. Thanks for confirming this, you may proceed to discuss your club.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Grow up Archimedes.

Archimedes wrote:
    Just as I thought. As long as it goes in your favour, its not a scandal. Thanks for confirming this, you may proceed to discuss your club.

no, it's not a scandal when nothing actually happened. is this your best trolling effort? at least pick something that doesn't make you look like a total fool. just because the replayed it on Setanta doesn't make it a bad decision.

Back on topic Torres adds number 3 :)

Nearly a forth!

Mike.

Dcully wrote:
    Back on topic Torres adds number 3 :)

sweet tackle by mascherano and great finish from Torres, thats more like it.
    quick feet, calm and collected finish.

shite, that should have been 4, he snatched at that one.

Pennant off Yossi on.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Alonso number 4 :)

Vorronin about to come on, Babel off no respite for Derby!

Mike.

and he scores!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

5 - Vorinin :)

lol thats was quick zabbo :)

not quick enough!!

and 6!! torres

Torres number 6 :)