Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dc69 wrote: »
    i thought babel was fast.agbonlahor just made mice meat out of him

honestly gabby will do that to alost anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

he has to be the fastest in the league,unbelievable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

No.

Well you dont know what you're talking about so why are you trying to tell us how negative we've been?

We have absolutely dominated Villa all match(well until the goal anyway). They got their first from a defensive error and the second was an own goal from a Mellberg cross which went in off Aurelio's hand(maybe Arbeloa). Villa didnt have a look in the first 70 minutes, we just couldnt put it in the net. Far from negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Crowd must have sung themselves out in the first half:(

That was crazy, he left Babel standing. Never seen anyone do that to him before.

Crouchy 2-2

GET IN!!!!!!!!!

crouch,get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Maybe not in this particular match, but at other times when I've watched them this season, they have been excrutiatingly boring to watch. Honestly, if Rafa doesn't make a serious attempt at winning the league soon, he'll be out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Crouchinho.

All about the lay off from Carra.:D

Have to say though, poor far post defending from Larsson( or Mellberg?) the ball never should have gotten as far as Carra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

peter you beauty.....now lets win this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

crouch.... thank you!!!

god dammit, my fantasy football is ruined as well; reina, carra and Laursen all in my team, sigh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Crouch gets the goal, nice goal!

Jazzy, I gotta stop predicting that Liverpool could pull it back :P

Surprisingly poor from Laursen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Come on Crouhcy. please one more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

The big man saves ye .

crouchie vindicated! Come on, another one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Great finish by Crouch

What a finish, great goal.

Now, lets get the winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nice finish that

Stekelly wrote: »
    Crouchinho.

All about the lay off from Carra.:D

i honestly thought it was carra who scored until the commentator said crouch

• Advertisement

Maybe not in this particular match, but at other times when I've watched them this season, they have been excrutiatingly boring to watch. Honestly, if Rafa doesn't make a serious attempt at winning the league soon, he'll be out the door.

Well we have been brilliant tonight apart from a mad 10 minutes so at least watch the game before you start talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

get in!! good boy!!

villa boys playing basketball in the box:mad: come on crouchie, one more skinflick

stevie g has been shocking today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Honestly, if Rafa doesn't make a serious attempt at winning the league soon, he'll be out the door.

Good observation.... :rolleyes:

Stevie, stevie, stevie, what was that.

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Well we have been brilliant tonight apart from a mad 10 minutes so at least watch the game before you start talking about it.

If you read my last post again, you'll see that I wasn't talking about this match in particular. I meant in some previous matches we have been awful to look at, and that's down to the manager.

Also, we really should be beating teams like Villa if we have aspirations of winning the title.

Skrtel has looked good in his run-out tonight.

Call_me_al wrote: »
    Good observation.... :rolleyes:

Thank You.:D

If you read my last post again, you'll see that I wasn't talking about this match in particular. I meant in some previous matches we have been awful to look at, and that's down to the manager.

Also, we really should be beating teams like Villa if we have aspirations of winning the title.

Chelsea couldnt beat them a few weeks ago

Call_me_al wrote: »
    crouch.... thank you!!!

god dammit, my fantasy football is ruined as well; reina, carra and Laursen all in my team, sigh....

You'll get an assist for Carra tough.

• Advertisement

Skrtel has looked good in his run-out tonight.

indeed,was just about to say that

Villa really threw that game away, I'd said O'Neill is fairly pissed off. Liverpool let them get back into that game, they utterly dominated them in the first half but didn't do anything to put that domination into goals, infact they didn't even put that domination into decent chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

2-2 Ft

indeed,was just about to say that

He looked like he was going to kill someone for tackling him at one stage....he could be a great signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

PHB wrote: »
    they utterly dominated them in the first half but didn't do anything to put that domination into goals.

Story of the last few seasons.

Chelsea couldnt beat them a few weeks ago

That's down to the manager's tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

PHB wrote: »
    Villa really threw that game away, I'd said O'Neill is fairly pissed off. Liverpool let them get back into that game, they utterly dominated them in the first half but didn't do anything to put that domination into goals.

only one team threw that away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

If we keep going the we we are we'll be lucky to make 6th, and that is a serious assessment.

Shocking the way we cant close out games. We are miles away from the top 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

just. not. good. enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Mascherano really does wear his heart on his sleeve when playing for us. It would be a backward step not to secure his services. Players of his age and caliber are few and far between

Poor result but somewhat of a relief in the end. Will have to look to the off-field mayhem for some solace.

• Advertisement

Misery. Im afraid I'll have to join the realists now and admit that we won't win the English league this year. Next year is our last chance to keep up our record of winning the title every decade since the 1950s...

Kudos to Martin O'Neill, he's done well with Villa. Hope someone will upload some phone footage of the chants early on. More misery...

yayamark wrote: »
    If we keep going the we we are we'll be lucky to make 6th, and that is a serious assessment.

Shocking the way we cant close out games. We are miles away from the top 2!

Exactly. We're just not clinical enough. Too many average players. And - I'm afraid to say - an average manager.

The worst thing to happen to Benitez - in my opinion - was winning the Chumpions League in his first season in charge. The guy thinks he's invincible.

Brando_ie wrote: »
    Mascherano really does wear his heart on his sleeve when playing for us. It would be a backward step not to secure his services. Players of his age and caliber are few and far between

Poor result but somewhat of a relief in the end. Will have to look to the off-field mayhem for some solace.

Masch was outstanding tonight!

At least we have a banker on Saturday. We should play 2-4-4 and give them a hammering. Dont reallly like that sort of thing against a small club but **** it, it mite wake everyone up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Bitterly disappointed. Villa very lucky to get anything out of that game. What a horrible two & a half minutes.

And - I'm afraid to say - an average manager.

your an idiot,the man has won the fa cup,the championsleague,got to another champions league final and when he came he was left a shocking team and has constantly been rebuilding,you can only do so much if your lacking quality

You gave Luton a hammering but it didn't make much difference for today.

Four interesting and tough games coming up

West Ham Away
    Sunderland Home
    Chelsea Away
    Inter Home

West Ham are flying high and will be tough at home, and Sunderland I think is likely to suffer from a weakened squad, in order to be prepared for Chelsea then Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

very interesting Gerrard interview.

Exactly. We're just not clinical enough. Too many average players. And - I'm afraid to say - an average manager.

The worst thing to happen to Benitez - in my opinion - was winning the Chumpions League in his first season in charge. The guy thinks he's invincible.

So a fan who'd perfer we didn't win things and that doesn't watch us play. I can believe that you'd call Rafa average...that my friend is a joke.

• Advertisement

your an idiot,the man has won the fa cup,the championsleague,got to another champions league final and when he came he was left a shocking team and has constantly been rebuilding,you can only do so much if your lacking quality

I'm an idiot?? Nice grown up remark there. :rolleyes:. Thanks. At the start of his time in charge, he was able to realise when he'd bought in s***e players(Pellegrino), and got rid of them quickly. Lately he's brought in some rubbish(Kuyt to name but one), and doesn't realise it.

Didn't Steve Heighway and Paco Ayesteran both leave over disagreements about the way Rafa was running the club?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement