Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

DSB wrote: »
    They're 1 of a good few teams in with a real chance of winning it though

ill be very surprised if they get past inter tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Helix wrote: »
    no it was set in stone that if it happened again 4th place got it, and the winners didnt qualify if i remember correctly

you don't. Winners qualify automatically of course, as a seeded team too. Then the top 3 from the domestic league qualify. (Unless it's a smaller league then the champions qualify and whatever number of qualifiers from that league).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i only started watching the man after about 50 mins and I didnt even know Gerrard was playing till the last 10 mins

Actually i thought Gerrard was decent. his pass completion ratio came up at some point and it was 85% or so.
    Exactly. We're just not clinical enough. Too many average players. And - I'm afraid to say - an average manager.

Agree. Not clinical enough.

Average manager? you are having a laugh right?
    It still put the ball on a plate for the goal so it has to be given really. O'Neill was visibly livid about it when it happened. Strange that the pundits didn't pay too much attention to it.

no, thats not the way it works DSB, his hands were by his side, it came over the top, and brushed one of his arms.no foul. doesnt matter if it results in a goal or not. O'Neill can be livid all he wants. If he knows the rules, which i can only presume he does, he knows it wasnt a foul.

Savman wrote: »
    That's a fair point actually, they face stiff competition for 4th place. I think the club & its fans know this though, the pressure must be immense.

I think we'll top 4. Despite our current position, we are better, both first 11 and squad than Villa,City and Everton, and i expect us to get some stability back when this whole "ownership" mess is resolved.

2minutes of madness cost us a game tonight that we deserved to win. we were better than Villa. and we will be better than them over the rest of the year.

BUT if the yank dont wanna sell, a 5th place finish might not be the worst thing in the world to force their hand ;)

Mascherano is a super super super player. If Reo-Coker is worth about 6 million, Mascherano is worth 18. Easily three times the player.

The new lad looks like one hard ****.

in conclusion (christ,i sound like redspider!)

Some things were more important than the result tonight, the yanks have been well and truely told, the tunes belting out from the Kop were super, i'd imagine they got the message loud and clear in the US. It is vital we get rid of these ****ers asap.I'd happily miss out on CL football for the year in order to get rid of these clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

winning it doesnt get them into it

yes it does, at the expenes of 4th place team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

no it was set in stone that if it happened again 4th place got it, and the winners didnt qualify if i remember correctly

You dont remember correctly.

UEFA amended Rule 1.03[13] to grant future European title holders automatic qualification to the next year’s Champions League competition, at the expense of the fourth-placed team in the title holders' league if the league is entitled to enter four teams and the Champions League winners finish outside the top four. For a time during the 2005-06 season there was a very good chance that the new rules would be invoked for the 2006-07 tournament, as Arsenal F.C. progressed to the Champions League final against Spanish side F.C. Barcelona while languishing in fifth place in the Premier League. Ironically, the team that was in danger of "losing" a Champions League place was none other than Arsenal's fiercest local rival, Tottenham Hotspur. In the end, Arsenal managed to overtake Tottenham for fourth place on the final day of the Premier League season, and then lost the Champions League final.

They're 1 of a good few teams in with a real chance of winning it though. Can't be relying on that with league form this ****. If it wasn't for refereeing decisions Liverpool wouldn't even have come away with a point tonight.

you my friend are talking nonsense. Clattenburg didnt give Liverpool any major advantage i saw. the ones you've already brought up in this thread are bull****, so any others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ah right, grand job

my point still stands tho, relying on winning it is an awful risk to take when by rights, yis should comfortably have taken 4th in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Call_me_al wrote: »
    crouch.... thank you!!!

god dammit, my fantasy football is ruined as well; reina, carra and Laursen all in my team, sigh....

Carragher and Laursen got assists.
    What did Gerrard say?

Nothing really...apart from blaming their underperformance on unrest behind the scenes:rolleyes:
    winning it doesnt get them into it

Yes it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you my friend are talking nonsense. Clattenburg didnt give Liverpool any major advantage i saw. the ones you've already brought up in this thread are bull****, so any others?

They're most certainly not bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Clattenburg didn't give Liverpool an advantage, he was just terrible all over the shop.

More and more points dropped from Liverpool, if Everton start to pull out in front, the pressure is going to get even worse.

The one thing I would point out is that if Rafas job is on the line, it must be in serious serious danger today. However, if the owners are planning on selling, I doubt they'd pay him the compensation package. [However, if they are waiting for somebody in the summer, they'd wait too]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

im seriously worried about liverpool at the moment. Off the field is looking just as bad as on.

Ive supported rafa for a long time defending him to other people but i just feel now and for the last while hes just not going to do it with liverpool.

Its like houllier all over again. We have an awful lot of rubbish in the squad the likes of kuyt,voronin, kewell,aurelio,arbeloa and now the likes of risse are looking simply not good enough...but especially them two idiots kuyt and voronin.

Secondly why are babel and crouch being left on the bench to let these two "strikers" play? I cant see whats the story with not playing crouch..

I feel rafa has to go, we are far to conservative and when we played wigan with two defensive mids and one striker just showed benitez is not attack minded enough.

His time is up i feel and he cant rest on the champions league in 05 forever.

And with regards the owners especially hicks they are a disgrace.

1. They just wouldnt keep their mouths shut since they took over.
    2.Asking Jurgen Klinsman of all people? Do they want to ruin us?
    3.They are idiots.

I feel sorry for rafa but hes not doing it and hes spent a hell of alot of money.

Just look at the progress martin o neill and sven have done in a short space of time compared to what rafa has done. Never mind the silly little cups like the super cup and community shield because they dont matter.

Granted we got the champions league...but the premiership now has a big 3....and we are slowly falling into a new league with man city,everton and co.

If we fail to get champions league qualification its a disaster. And west ham away next in the league is not an easy fixture.

Martin o Neill should be got on the phone and offered everything and anything to take the liverpool job.

surely its bad business for a club to sack a manager that the fans so very very very obviously dont want to get the sack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I we are better, both first 11 and squad than Villa,City and Everton
    No you're not. I repeat what I said, the league table never lies, it makes no difference if you agree with it or not. You might well finish 4th, but then again, you might not.
    Mr Alan wrote:
    2minutes of madness cost us a game tonight that we deserved to win. we were better than Villa. and we will be better than them over the rest of the year.
    I've no argument that Liverpool are a far superior side to Villa. Your strike force tonight of Kuyt & Torres cost something like £35m, I'd say you could buy half the Villa team for that. Strange that neither player really performed any better than our front pairing, which cost a grand total of £5m.
    Mr Alan wrote:
    Mascherano is a super super super player. If Reo-Coker is worth about 6 million, Mascherano is worth 18. Easily three times the player.
    Don't agree, but fair enough.

You can mudsling all you want but I think any neutral would give Villa credit for a point at Anfield against a side we haven't competed with for the last decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

joe123 wrote: »

Martin o Neill should be got on the phone and offered everything and anything to take the liverpool job.
    If you can't offer integrity, he'll never take it.

surely its bad business for a club to sack a manager that the fans so very very very obviously dont want to get the sack?

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

PHB wrote: »
    The one thing I would point out is that if Rafas job is on the line, it must be in serious serious danger today. However, if the owners are planning on selling, I doubt they'd pay him the compensation package. [However, if they are waiting for somebody in the summer, they'd wait too]

Whatever about them planning on selling the club it sounds like they can't afford to pay out now.

Secondly why are babel and crouch being left on the bench to let these two "strikers" play? I cant see whats the story with not playing crouch..

Well firstly,bar a bad shot,Kuyt played really well and in case you missed it, set up the goal. Who's to say Crouch would have done anything had he played from the start?

As for Babel, he's been very poor in most matches he's started, on the opther hand coming on late and playing a super sub role against tireing players seems to suit him to a T so far tis season..

Bring in a replacement who will get better results and its quite quickly forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Chelsea after sacking Ranieri would disagree

im seriously worried about liverpool at the moment. Off the field is looking just as bad as on.

My friend, off field is looking a thousand times worse than on field.
    kuyt,kewell,aurelio,arbeloa.

thought Kuyt was decent tonight, he showed real class with his pass for the goal. Kewell, was do you suppose Rafa do? Sell an injured player? no one has wanted him the last 2 years, and when he stays fit he is among our better attacking players. Aurelio, anytime he has stayed fit i thought has been excellent.Arbeloa has been one of our best players this year, both at right and left full.

His time is up i feel and he cant rest on the champions league in 05 forever..

wat about FA cup 06? wat about Athens 07?
    Just look at the progress martin o neill and sven have done in a short space of time compared to what rafa has done.

Yea, wat have they done? Rafa has an FA cup and Champions League as well as another Champions League final. And they've done....**** all.

they have done nothing,In fact, neither side could beat us this year (even when we are in turmoil and ****e form they cant beat us, city threw 11 men behind the ball at home in order to hang onto a point and we beat Villa away.... so wat have they dont thats so amazing?
    Granted we got the champions league...but the premiership now has a big 3....and we are slowly falling into a new league with man city,everton and co..

Granted we got the Champions League?! its hardly a ****ing mickey mouse cup mate! Either is the FA cup! The great Manchester Utd have only won it twice, we've been in two finals in three year, winning one!

I like o'neill, but i have zero idea why you think he is more qualified than Rafa?!

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    Well firstly,bar a bad shot,Kuyt played really well and in case you missed it, set up the goal. Who's to say Crouch would have done anything had he played from the start?

As for Babel, he's been very poor in most matches he's started, on the opther hand coming on late and playing a super sub role against tireing players seems to suit him to a T so far tis season..

in case you missed it kuyt has been nothing more than average since he joined. Kuyts an honest player but hes simply not good enough. Sunderland could do well with kuyt and im being serious here. And for all the times crouch has played hes usually done better than kuyt.

How do the likes of man city manage to sign the likes of elano and petrov with relative ease when liverpool signings usually end up drawn out affairs and in the end poor players.

Fair enough babel has been average at times but hes young and has that impact factor about him. Kuyt doesnt. He is not good enough simple as.

And why didnt liverpool try and go for james mcfadden? At least hes the type of player who can win games.

Bring in a replacement who will get better results and its quite quickly forgotten.

Like???

And why didnt liverpool try and go for james mcfadden? At least hes the type of player who can win games.

Ah here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Savman wrote: »
    No you're not. I repeat what I said, the league table never lies, it makes no difference if you agree with it or not. You might well finish 4th, but then again, you might not.

here here. you keep saying how Liverpool are better than the teams around them Mr Alan, blah blah. If Liverpool are a better team, why are they in 5th? And level on points with 7th?

A team is only as good as its league position.

They are now 10 points adrift of Chelsea yet you still probably hanging onto that belief that you "firmly believe they will be in 4th position by mid Feb". Your words. That's in 3 games.

Do yourself a favour. Look at the results, look at the table and begin to lower your expectations. There is no evidence that Liverpool deserve (despite what you think) to be placed any higher in the league than they are now.

:D:D:D:D:D

at least now i know you're only on taking the piss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

can liverpool realistically afford not to sack benitez now at this stage?regardless of whether you win the champions league, if you dont finish 4th you wont be in it next season, and the way the team is playing at the moment thats a very real possibility
    Paradoxically now though it could be said, that the worse they do for the rest of the season the better for them in the longer term. For example, the owners are now so hated that I think they're now being blamed way more for the downturn than Rafa is, especially given Gerrard's post match comments. So for them to sack Rafa might be the equivalent of pressing the nuclear button. Also, by failing to reach the champions league next season, it would put huge financial and moral pressure on G+H to sell up and leave.

quarryman wrote: »
    here here. you keep saying how Liverpool are better than the teams around them Mr Alan, blah blah. If Liverpool are a better team, why are they in 5th? And level on points with 7th?

Because we have played one game less. wewin that, we're in 4th.

And our club is going through turmoil that it has never even nearly experienced before.

But even going through that, we are still on course for 4th.

Do you honestly think Villa/Everton/City are better than us?

How come none have beaten us this year?

Like???

Capello would have been nice, Mourinho would be the ideal candidate, O'Neill would do a great job although at this stage I'd hate to see him leave despite initial different opinions. Benitez has a CV that looks well, I'll agree with you, Champions League win is an impressive feat of course, as was getting to the final, the FA Cup was good too, but he has been at Liverpool a number of years now, and still hasn't brought the club to anywhere near challenging. I'm sure theres a manager out there who can make the club overachieve in the league instead of underachieving.

Because he's crap. Why do you think he's at Birmingham. Surely if he was good eonugh for Liverpool to sign, any of the 5 or 6 clubs below us would snap him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

How to sit on the fence - two articles by Oliver Kay in tomorrow's Times.

First: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article3228035.ece
    Gillet & Hicks are going ahead with the refinancing and DIC could be scared off.
    Second:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article3228582.ece
    Gillet & Hicks plans crumbling by the day, yesterdays turbulent day on the stock market didn't help and they could be forced to sell to DIC.

• Advertisement

I firmly believe that the majority of the fans would stick by Rafa even if he didn't qualify for 4th place. Why? He's done it already and because he won the CL they didn't care.

Rafa has shown two things since he's been at Liverpool. He's great in the cups, terrible in the league. 5th, 3rd, 3rd, and now at best 4th. People have faith in him and I respect that, but I firmly believe that even if DIC do takeover, Rafa's position is under threat, unless he can get Liverpool back into the top 4, and not out of a top 3.

In terms of blame, I think it's an interesting question. I think you find different fans blame different things.
    Personally, I think that Liverpool's current squad should not be in the position they are in the league. They should be at least 5 points better off than they are. Why is this the case? The players aren't performing to their individual best level? Why is this the case? I think it's because Rafa hasn't got a system working that uses them all to the best of their ability. Football isn't a simple game, it's not just about players.
    United sold Ruud and bought Carrick, and then won the league. Who the **** would have thought that :P It's because Fergie changed the system to get the best out of his current players. Mourinho had a similar situation at Chelsea. He playd a 4-3-3 and it worked great. Swapped to a 4-4-2 and it went to ****. Rafa hasn't found the tactical system to get the best out of his current players. It's not just that he doesn't have good players.

Then I think in terms of taking that next step up, from above where they are performing, and then the next step up again, they don't have the players, and it's pretty much agreed what they need bar a few differences, maybe new LB, two wingers, a striker.

PHB wrote: »
    Rafa has shown two things since he's been at Liverpool. He's great in the cups, terrible in the league. 5th, 3rd, 3rd, and now at best 4th.

At best 4th?

How do you possibly know this?

I dont even have to tell you how pompus a thing that is to say.

(whos gonna win the league? and get relegated, just out of curiousity)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

What's the story with Alonso for you's - he's not injured is he?

Get him back in the centre with Mascherano and shift Gerrard out right or foraging up behind Torres.

Because we have played one game less. wewin that, we're in 4th.

And our club is going through turmoil that it has never even nearly experienced before.

But even going through that, we are still on course for 4th.

Do you honestly think Villa/Everton/City are better than us?

How come none have beaten us this year?

you seem to think that a game in hand = 3 points? :confused: Liverpool haven't won ANY of their last 4 games.

Player per player Liverpool should be better than Everton but they aren't. Everton are above them in the table, they are simply a more organised better performing TEAM regardless of their results against each other.

At best 4th?

Obviously it is possible Liverpool will do slightly better but it isn't a realistic view to be honest. None of the sides look like dropping enough points for Liverpool to get 3rd even if they were to win all their remaining games. Add trips to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Highbury Part 2 in and I think it is fair enough to use a phrase like that.

At best 4th?

Utd. Derby.

Next question.

rafa seems to be bringing him back slowly from injury since he has a re-occurance when we rushed him a little against arsenal.

My friend, off field is looking a thousand times worse than on field.

thought Kuyt was decent tonight, he showed real class with his pass for the goal. Kewell, was do you suppose Rafa do? Sell an injured player? no one has wanted him the last 2 years, and when he stays fit he is among our better attacking players. Aurelio, anytime he has stayed fit i thought has been excellent.Arbeloa has been one of our best players this year, both at right and left full.

so one decent game for kuyt and hes worth every penny and all those hours of football?

wat about FA cup 06? wat about Athens 07?

Fa cup is becoming another carling cup. I would rather see us out in the 3rd round and at least be challenging for the title in may.Athens 07...we did well again to get their but we lost. Do you mind having liverpool 2nd best?

Yea, wat have they done? Rafa has an FA cup and Champions League as well as another Champions League final. And they've done....**** all.

they have done nothing,In fact, neither side could beat us this year (even when we are in turmoil and ****e form they cant beat us, city threw 11 men behind the ball at home in order to hang onto a point and we beat Villa away.... so wat have they dont thats so amazing?

First of all liverpool are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world...when we are comparing ourselves to villa and man city two teams who were only battling relegation a few seasons back something is seriously wrong.

They are catching us while we are yet again loosing more and more ground on the top 3. Have your fa cup id much rather see us challenging united the last day of the season rather challenging tottenham in an fa cup final thanks.

Granted we got the Champions League?! its hardly a ****ing mickey mouse cup mate! Either is the FA cup! The great Manchester Utd have only won it twice, we've been in two finals in three year, winning one!

I like o'neill, but i have zero idea why you think he is more qualified than Rafa?!

The fa cup is pointless. When you see teams such as reading not giving a **** about it its saying something. Would you rather see us neck and neck at the top of the table or in an fa cup final and 18 points behind top? I know which id want.

First of all every team hes taken over has done well. Leicester were a small club once he left they get relegated. Look at what he did with celtic they were untouchable. Surely you can see Martin O Neill is a manager who is more than ready to take the reigns of a club like liverpool?

Yes we got the champions league....but do you remember houllier we won plenty of cups and we even managed second...but it started to go downhill.

The truth is the real liverpool fan is yearning for a league challenge. The champions league is amazing but its the league. Nearly 20 years and we dont seem any closer to even putting up a fight for it.

Have you seen benitez's record against the top four in the league? Its dismal. And ****ing not good enough.

you seem to think that a game in hand = 3 points? :confused: Liverpool haven't won ANY of their last 4 games.

and you seem to think they wont win it? they'll be bookies favourites for it, so my assuption is a fairer one to make than yours surely no?

• Advertisement

Come on Mr Alan, let it go. 7 point gap if you win your game in hand. Chelsea in the last ten games won 8, lost one, drew one. Liverpool in the last ten games, won 4, lost 2, drew four. Chelsea had a bad patch with Mourinho. Grant has pulled them around, maybe not to old Mourinho levels of efficiency, but their squad is just too strong to drop 7 points to you over the next 15 games. Maybe I'm wrong, it's not set in stone, but few would question it anymore.

and you seem to think they wont win it? they'll be bookies favourites for it, so my assuption is a fairer one to make than yours surely no?

its against West Ham away. No, based on their form I do not see 3 points for Liverpool there.

so one decent game for kuyt and hes worth every penny and all those hours of football?

Where did i say that?

But i do think Kuyt is good enough for a PL winning squad, but not starting 11.

And btw the reason Crouch didnt start tonight is cause he has yet to score a league goal this season and hasnt really impressed any opportunity he has been given.
    First of all liverpool are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world.

and you think we should sign James Mc Fadden?
    They are catching us while we are yet again loosing more and more ground on the top 3. Have your fa cup id much rather see us challenging united the last day of the season rather challenging tottenham in an fa cup final thanks..

tottenham in the FA cup final!:D
    The fa cup is pointless. When you see teams such as reading not giving a **** about it its saying something. Would you rather see us neck and neck at the top of the table or in an fa cup final and 18 points behind top? I know which id want..

Reading dont give a ****e cause they know they cant win it and they wanna stay in the PL. The FA cup is a super tournament.
    First of all every team hes taken over has done well. Leicester were a small club once he left they get relegated. Look at what he did with celtic they were untouchable. Surely you can see Martin O Neill is a manager who is more than ready to take the reigns of a club like liverpool?.

rafa has reached pretty much every goal he has had in management. Why you think he wont reach this one?

Do you think AC milan, Bayern Munich,Real Madrid, Inter, would all be banging down o'neills door to take over at their clubs? I dont. i like O'Neill, i think he could manage one of the top teams, but not yet imo. There is a shortage of genuine world class managers in the world, we have one, the rest of the european footballing world knows that, we need to keep him and let him finish his 5 year plan, at the end of the 5 years, i would then review the situation.
    The truth is the real liverpool fan is yearning for a league challenge. The champions league is amazing but its the league. Nearly 20 years and we dont seem any closer to even putting up a fight for it.

Real liverpool fan yearning for title challenge? i agree.

Real liverpool fan yearning for Rafa to get the sack, i disagree totally. Rafa arrived at our club with a 5 year plan, in his first year he won the CL and brought us to another final. He deserves his 5 years for that alone. Do you not hear Anfield tonight? Liverpool fans want him to stay. you are in the major major major minority, and no offence but a season ticket holder local lad should have more say than me or you.
    Have you seen benitez's record against the top four in the league? Its dismal. And ****ing not good enough.

Yea,i have, have you seen his seen his record in the league in Spain? Or in Europe? its fantasic.

its against West Ham away. No, based on their form I do not see 3 points for Liverpool there.

well go to the bookies. put your wages on it.
    yea, didnt think so.

well go to the bookies. put your wages on it.
    yea, didnt think so.

just back. they're closed.

i'll stick that 4 grand on, first thing in the morning, promise.

thanks for the tip, don't tell anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

First of all liverpool are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world...when we are comparing ourselves to villa and man city two teams who were only battling relegation a few seasons back something is seriously wrong.

Alot can change in the space of a few months. There is no disputing that we are underperforming but sometimes lesser clubs can perform extremely well and capitalise a poor run of form. Arsenal barely pipped Spurs to 4th place last season and were generally poor by their own own high standards as one of the biggest clubs in the world. Look at them now with what is generally the very similar squad.

• Advertisement

Arsenal barely pipped Spurs to 4th place last season and were generally poor by their own own high standards as one of the biggest clubs in the world. Look at them now with what is generally the very similar squad.

ohhhhh good point! i shoulda thought of that! :D

Look at them now with what is generally the very similar squad.

But with a key change in how they play. They sold Henry. United did the same thing, they sold Ruud. Chelsea did the same thing for the negative, they started playing 4-4-2 and sold Duff and eventually Robben. What change is Rafa gona make? He hasn't shown he's willing to make any changes to how Liverpool play.

Addition of a world class winger count?

Or another world class striker?

I think that would fairly dramtically alter the style of play you'd see from us

Alot can change in the space of a few months. There is no disputing that we are underperforming but sometimes lesser clubs can perform extremely well and capitalise a poor run of form. Arsenal barely pipped Spurs to 4th place last season and were generally poor by their own own high standards as one of the biggest clubs in the world. Look at them now with what is generally the very similar squad.

Last years side was a VERY young side. Liverpool's isn't old but it isn't particularly young either.

Addition of a world class winger count?

Or another world class striker?

I think that would fairly dramtically alter the style of play you'd see from us

It wouldn't alter it, it'd just make it at a higher level. This season, Rafa is playing a system that is getting bad results. Yes Liverpool need to invest to challenge, but that doesn't mean that they should be where they are. Their squads are much better than that. Liverpool as a team right now are not playing well, and haven't been pretty much al season. Their system is not working, and once you have an equal squad to United Chelsea and ARsenal, it's gona come down to how good the system is in order to get the best out of the players. Rafa isn't getting the best out of his current players, he's not using the right system whatever it is for them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement