Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ask Alex Ferguson Mental Mickey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Villain wrote: »
    Ask Alex Ferguson Mental Mickey :D

Him, being the obvious exception................:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not even a late appearance from Arsenal substitute Tom Cruise could inspire a last-gasp equaliser and the holders held on to book their passage into round five.
    :eek:

Mike.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

mike65 wrote: »
    :eek:

Mike.

Ha ha!! SO he is trying to brain wash footie players into scientology. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

How can players remain confident if the manager keeps chopping n changing the team???

:confused:

Jesus christ, if I hear this ****e again I am gonna loose the plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Ditto, can we have that rotation table set as a sticky in this thread for people who just repeat what Andy Gray etc say.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Agreed. You get the rope, ill bring the shotgun. And the tools. The pointy ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

emc2 wrote: »
    Ditto, can we have that rotation table set as a sticky in this thread for people who just repeat what Andy Gray etc say.....

yes please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3092120,00.html
    "But I'm worried a little bit. I want to be able to win whatever we do. But there are no rules in terms of spending on players.

Deja Vu all over again :rolleyes:

I see what you did there!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I like Kraft, he runs his businesses well. The Pats have been won 2 of the last 4 Superbowls. But I doubt he'll get a chance to buy the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I had 2 football dreams last night.

In one, Gilette got bought out by another investor with big money.

In the other, Venables took a job at some league 1 or league 2 club...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

To be honest I'm getting fed up with all this talk of buying and selling.

Give us 30m for some players and leave us alone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I had 2 football dreams last night.

In one, Gilette got bought out by another investor with big money.

In the other, Venables took a job at some league 1 or league 2 club...

You need to start dreaming about hot chicks,and not El Tel...:)

Oh noes another buyout scheme! clicky

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Is tonight's match on anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I like Kraft, he runs his businesses well. The Pats have been won 2 of the last 4 Superbowls. But I doubt he'll get a chance to buy the club.

His Patriots team has done well. However, he is very cheap with his NE Revolution(Steve Nicol manager) team. Doesnt spend money on an MLS Desiginated Player(ala Beckham/Angel/Blanco) and is known to be one of the MLS owners who doesnt want to raise the Cap significantly.

The fact that they've gotten to the MLS Cups (02,05,06,07) is more down to Nicol's dour tactics working(i.e. boring to watch) than to the investments put into the team by Kraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

There actually is quite strange noises coming from numerous fan groups in regards to this potential fan buyout.

Details are sketchy and supposedly wont be announced until the end of the week, the Echo having jumped the gun a little, but supposedly something along the lines of 100,000 people purchasing shares ranging from €1,000 to €20,000 which would more than comfortably meet the €500,000,000 required to purchase the club. The club would then be run on a vote per share way, a president would be elected, similar to Barcalona, with all profits obviously being ploughed back into the club.

Can't realistically see it happening, would be excellent though, be well up for that :)
    (long as a condition was that if ya were buying in, ya had to keep Rafa!;))

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Can't realistically see it happening, would be excellent though, be well up for that :)
    (long as a condition was that if ya were buying in, ya had to keep Rafa!;))

First argument! Any such arrangment would I presume elect a board to actually run the club - otherwise chasis you'd have, chassis!

Mike

That'd be the plan.

Just have to mean the board would have to want to keep Rafa! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Oriel wrote: »

Doesnt look like it. Sky only seem to have Utd v Pompey and Setanta have some scottish match and some Ajax match. Eurosport have the ANC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I was thinking actually that the best chance that English clubs ever have of becoming fan owned is if they crumble under the loan debt, you buy them at their value - loan interest, then run it solidly for a while, then you become owners. That said, you'd need a massive massive committment, one which is unlikely to come.

PHB wrote: »
    That said, you'd need a massive massive committment, one which is unlikely to come.

Never under-estimate scouse solidarity! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Doesnt look like it. Sky only seem to have Utd v Pompey and Setanta have some scottish match and some Ajax match. Eurosport have the ANC.

According to Paddy Power's website, it's on Sky Calcio 2.
    Any idea if pubs can pick that up? If so, maybe they'd put it on one of the tellys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The-Rigger wrote: »
    According to Paddy Power's website, it's on Sky Calcio 2.
    Any idea if pubs can pick that up? If so, maybe they'd put it on one of the tellys...

I demand a trip report from last night to be placed in the poker forum post haste!! And well done sir!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=566844
    'Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez believes that Premiership rivals Arsenal and Chelsea are envious of their record in the Champions League.

While the Reds’ fans have set the Premier league title as their number one priority, Benitez insists the club has made considerable progress during his time at the club.

"How many teams have won the Champions League? That is a massive trophy and it is more difficult to win than any other trophy" Benitez said.

"The Premier League is our target because we have won the Champions League. If you ask Chelsea or Arsenal what they would like to win most of all, I am sure they would say the Champions League.

"After 18 years without the Premier League we want to win it, but we have to be more consistent."

Liverpool face West Ham tonight at Upton Park looking for their first league win of 2008 after four consecutive draws.

"I came here to improve things and I still remember my first conversations about what we wanted to do here. In three years' time the target was to be contenders, and in three years we have won four trophies and played in seven finals" the Spanish manager said.

"So we have improved. We haven't been at the top level in the league for 15 years. Before I came we hadn't won the Champions League for 21 years.

"We are improving, but we cannot say it is enough" he added.'

What do pool fans make of this comment? Does he really believe that acup is harder to win than a league?

"How many teams have won the Champions League? That is a massive trophy and it is more difficult to win than any other trophy" Benitez said.

A rather silly statement for me. Sure Liverpool will proberbly win another 2 European Cups before Man Utd and Arsenal win another one* but that a distraction from the main business.

Mike.

*bound to come back to haunt me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Dont really see what is so unreasonable about those comments. He has said that Liverpool want to win the league because they haven't in so long but that the Champions League is a massive trophy, which it is. I have spoken to Arsenal, Utd & Chelsea fans who have told me that they would rather win the Champions League over the the league. I personally believe its easier to win the Champions League than the League but its still a very very big trophy and has that element of beating the best club teams in the world, rather than just your own country. I suppose it depends on what your club has won recently.

If I were a Man Utd fan (shudders) I would happily swap one league title for the CL.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think everybody would. However what people would choose in terms of what they actually want to win this year, I think you'd see a 50/50 spilt or so.

I think winning the league & winning the Champions League carry similar acclaim. Winning the league is harder, but to win the champions league you have to beat some of the best in Europe and its on a more worldwide stage than the league.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Reina
    Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Aurelio
    Benay-Gerrard-Alonso-Kewell
    Torres-Kuyt

Subs: Itandje, Skrtel, Lucas, Babel, Crouch.

Fvck it Kuyt flying from Rafa, still as the mantra goes "If we're in trouble Babel and Crouch can come to the rescue"

Mike.

mayordenis wrote: »

Not a fan of any of them really. Much prefer the current home/away jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Strong team out tonight. Hopefully Kuyt gets a goal, got a cracker against them last year, so did Crouchie.

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    apparently

pool0809.jpg

I love the grey one. Pitty they're fake :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Home one is nice. Don't like the blue green away at all. The Grey away isn't bad, kind of reminds me of one of the old addidas Candy sponsored ones. From around 88 or so.

I love the grey one. Pitty they're fake :(

They aren't fake. Thats how they are going to look.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

in and around 90% sure they're going to be about 70% accurate

Tusky wrote: »
    They aren't fake. Thats how they are going to look.

Really? Where did the come from?
    Also, what's the best live streaming site to watch the football on?

• Advertisement

Really? Where did the come from?
    Also, what's the best live streaming site to watch the football on?

The 'sopcast' program is pretty good. The game tonight is only on tvants...which I cant get working. Keeps telling me that my version of out of date even though Ive downloaded the latest one from the website.

Tvants download : http://www.tvants.com/download/tvantssetup.exe

Link to channel showing game : tvants://www.p2psports.cn/tvants/?k=eb6fc5fef444e059348474e8f25114e5

Tusky wrote: »
    The 'sopcast' program is pretty good. The game tonight is only on tvants...which I cant get working. Keeps telling me that my version of out of date even though Ive downloaded the latest one from the website.

I'm on a Mac, so would have need to be web-based streaming only.
    Ah well, ManureUtd match it is then...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ive downloaded that tvants program above, how do i watch the match?

Open programme from desktop or wherever click channels and paste in link above.

Its shiot on a 1 mb line :(

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

how do I work that tvants thing? I downloaded the file. How do i get the liverpool game now?

Their websites in japaneese??

EDIT: actually I think the college server im on is blocking it...cant use xbox live on it either.

Is there any other site thats streaming the game?

Its been buffering for a few minutes, how long is it supposed to take?

Melion wrote: »
    Ive downloaded that tvants program above, how do i watch the match?

Paste the channel address into the your browser. It should open up with tvants. Dont bother unless you have a really fast connection though. Its slow as **** for me.
    Melion wrote: »
    Its been buffering for a few minutes, how long is it supposed to take?

With other programs it normally takes about 1 minute but tvants is slowwww. Took me at least 5 minutes to get a picture and even then the picture was choppy as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Is there a sopcast address for the match? It worked great for the last game.

Balls to it, ill catch it on FF at half 10 on Sky

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement