Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    (just in case)
    Everyone on liverpools team's mothers smell of elderberries! All a bunch of chazwazzers!

(now one of ye please score)
    mike65 wrote: »
    Yossi was subbed 10 mins ago!

Mike.

Better edit them before the Manky flood spills in from the burst smugpoopipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yossi was subbed 10 mins ago!

Mike.

pfft, its that kind of cant do attitude that has us where we are. If he was good enough he'd find a way. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hammers have peno we're gonna loose

Scored, Carra the culprit. :(:(

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,060 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Stekelly wrote: »
    Yes, that 4 weeks is about all he did in his career tbh. Even thenif you look at a couple of the goals, 1 in particular he ran back and forwards with his head down and eventually just pulled on the ball. He had a good couple of game sis all. Lots of bad players can have a god patch, thats all it was.

Ah to be fair, the next season up to christmas he was one of our best players. Was only after that he capitulated. And before that he was only a bit part player, and broke his leg when he was just breaking through, contributed quite well all in all imo. Was looking excellent in preseason before we sold him as well. Id have him instead of Voro still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hammers have peno we're gonna loose

Mike.

:( Who fouled ?

[edit] Full time : West Ham 1 - 0 Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Tusky wrote: »
    :( Who fouled ?

Carragher I think

1-0 Hammers :)

Cock.

Its over, Carra.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Carragher has given so many penalties this season.

We are now 7th in the league.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Keegan Out! No, wait - who do we hate now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tusky wrote: »
    Carragher has given so many penalties this season.

and he has been lucky not to have given away more in fairness..

Make of this what you will, but when Lucas came on and indicated for Gerrard to go right, he shook his head.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Any chance Rafa would just quit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

When was the last time ye won a premiership game? : \

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Right Rafa.... ON YOUR BIKE..... something was definitely up tonight. When Lucas came on, Gerrard knew he was gonna be shifted out to the right and both himself and Carra shook their heads in disagreement. Rafa's not inspiring the team anymore and for that, I think he needs to go

EDIT: RAWK's gone into meltdown calling for Rafa's head!

More of this and we'll chase him out. The whole G&H saga has taken the heat off
    Benitez but he has to take much of the blame for this season.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

flanzer wrote: »
    Right Rafa.... ON YOUR BIKE..... something was definitely up tonight. When Lucas came on, Gerrard knew he was gonna be shifted out to the right and both himself and Carra shook their heads in disagreement. Rafa's not inspiring the team anymore and for that, I think he needs to go

Sigh. Rafa doesn't need to go anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

imo rafa has lost the dressing room at this stage.defo something up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Id have taken another league draw in a row... jammy fxxxers .. in fairness it was a clumsy slip by carra... but harsh all the same. Not much he could have done to stop himself catching Ljundberg. Oh well ... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

13 points between Chelsea and Liverpool now. -1 points between Liverpool and Villa. Wonder how Mr. Alan feels about that bet now.:D

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Sigh. Rafa doesn't need to go anywhere.

If you can get a page displayed of the RAWK website, there's hundreds out there that don't agree with you and I don't agree with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ah he'll just go on about the game in hand

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Helix wrote: »
    ah he'll just go on about the game in hand

Was that not our game in hand tho?

In fairness though, Gerrard being annoyed about going right is bang out of order. Either way it spells trouble for Rafa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

well between gerrard and the americans undermining him he never really had much of a chance did he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    In fairness though, Gerrard being annoyed about going right is bang out of order. Either way it spells trouble for Rafa.

That is out of order all right

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Was that not our game in hand tho?

West Ham at home is our game in hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

el rabitos wrote: »
    well between gerrard and the americans undermining him he never really had much of a chance did he?

Ah here. Stop with the over-emotional rubbish. The manager is there to overcome such obstacles. Hicks and Gilette aren't the first **** chairmen out there. Gerrard isn't the first nor the last player to be played out of position and be a moan about it. The endless excuses for Rafa just never stop for some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i just want to cry this thread will be unbearable now for another week:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

did we rerally just get one shot on target out of 13? thats shocking, and if what you said about Gerrard is true then i dont know what to think...

7th is abysmal.

• Advertisement

WEST HAM 1-0 LFC: THE REPORT An injury-time penalty gave West Ham all three points in a game the Reds should have won

Gotta love it! Surely they meant to say 'should never have won, maybe drawn'!

flanzer wrote: »
    If you can get a page displayed of the RAWK website, there's hundreds out there that don't agree with you and I don't agree with you

Whatever. Most people are idiots. West Ham aren't pushovers. We shipped an unfortunate penalty late on. So what. Bad run of form. Doesn't undo three and a half years of hard work. Everyone should take deep breaths and calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Well Rafa has to stay until the end of the Euro campaign. Maybe with the game against Inter the team will find their form again, or possibly we'll get whooped by Inter. Such an optimistic start to the season too:(

10 points from 27

Mike.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    i just want to cry this thread will be unbearable now for another week:mad:

Can we just say now to all the non LFC fans that, yes, we are aware there are serious problems with our club, the same problems that have been discussed at length over the past weeks and we dont need another 10pages on them now...feel bad enough after another debacle as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh dear 4th place is wide open only good thing for Liverpool is all other teams around them are dropping points well except Chelsea but I think top 3 is out of range now.

I have to say I have said it before, Gerrard thinks he is bigger than the team, I mean even the fact that Rafa had to have a meeting with him after he was taking off is a joke, he's a player and if the Manager tell him to play in goal then thats what he does no question.

10 points from 27

Mike.

There really isn't that much in it between it being 10 or 20. If it was 20 there would be no pressure or speculation.

I'd be outraged if he was sacked for performances over a run of nine games. Calm and cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Villain wrote: »
    Oh dear 4th place is wide open only good thing for Liverpool is all other teams around them are dropping points well except Chelsea but I think top 3 is out of range now.

I have to say I have said it before, Gerrard thinks he is bigger than the team, I mean even the fact that Rafa had to have a meeting with him after he was taking off is a joke, he's a player and if the Manager tell him to play in goal then thats what he does no question.

In fairness, I'd take anything Rafa says lately with a pinch of salt. He still thinks playing Kuyt is going to solve our problems....

Stevie is captain and should be leading as best he can, hopefully on the score sheet. If Pako is back, get in Mourinho now (much as I hate to say it) and try salvage something from this mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if there is talk of Pako coming back it would be great - it would seem he was one of the major keys to Rafas success. It cant be a coincedence that our form has dropped since he left, can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Why did Pako actually leave in the first place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Apparantly he was becoming too pally with Jose for Rafa's liking ... that was the talk back then.

Leeds had a similar run when Poyet left for Spurs. It can happen. Rafa and Pako worked great together. Hope to see him back. Maybe he "had" the dressing room more than Rafa? Who knows ... only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Either the yanks or Rafa has to go - clearly a big big problem and its killing the team. If i was honest i'd prefer the two to go. Rafa's good especially in europe but big questions has to be asked about his management in the Premier league - zonal marking, rotation rotation rotation - personally i don't think he can cut it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Weren't the rumours something like he was the good cop to Rafa's bad cop or something?

empirix wrote: »
    Either the yanks or Rafa has to go - clearly a big big problem and its killing the team. If i was honest i'd prefer the two to go. Rafa's good especially in europe but big questions has to be asked about his management in the Premier league - zonal marking, rotation rotation rotation - personally i don't think he can cut it

WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO BRING IN THEN.

tougher question:

ARE THEY AVAILABLE??????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Archimedes wrote: »
    Why did Pako actually leave in the first place?

I thought it was to spend time with his family or something but I don't know.
    On Friday 31st August 2007 Rafa Benítez announced that Pako Ayesteran was leaving Liverpool FC saying "Paco has told me he wants to leave, apart from that I cannot say any more. We will have to assess the situation.".

An interesting one, Paco was with another team:
    Thursday, January 24, 2008
    Paco Ayesteran Leaves Real

Paco Ayesteran has left his new job as director of football at Real Sociedad after just twenty days according to diariovasco.com.

Having been on of the cornerstones of Inagi Badiola's campaign to become Real's new president, Ayseteran moved into the job at the start of the year - after being released from his contract at Liverpool - having been convinced that he would be given the freedom to manage the club as he saw fit.

But any notion of that happening quickly evaporated after Chris Coleman decided to quit and the club came to choose a new manager. Ayesteran opted for Juan Carlos Oliva and went as far as offering him the job. Badiola, however, didn't agree and quickly made it clear that he didn't intend to employ Oliva which was a tad harsh on him given that in the meantime he had resigned from his previous job as coach of Villareal's second team.

This seems to have prompted Ayesteran to resign from his position even though Badiola himself was indicating that this wasn't the case. At least it isn't just Rafael Benitez who has to deal with problematic owners.

Ayesteran's departure from Liverpool was equally controversial with many still of the opinion that it is where Liverpool's season started to go wrong. Seen as the link between the dressing room and Rafael Benitez, many were surprised at the fall out between the two who had been considered as inseparable.

Despite plenty of assurances to the contrary, the move undoubtedly had an impact and it is surprising, if not unusual, that Benitez has chosen against appointing someone in Ayesteran's place. Rumours that the job had been offered to Gary McAllister have proven to be off the mark but it would seem that an appointment will eventually be made.

Taken from: http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?p=871375

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

PHB wrote: »
    Weren't the rumours something like he was the good cop to Rafa's bad cop or something?

Not so much good cop bad cop iirc - more the person to put the arm around the player and make them feel loved type thing. Rafa seems to be all business with the players when sometimes players just need that arm around them.

Paco to return/Rafa to leave/Paco takes over/Mourinho takes over in summer/

How's that for a line of speculation? :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Pako to return/Rafa to leave/Pako takes over/Mourinho takes over in summer/

How's that for a line of speculation? D

Mike.

Short of employing a random kid with success at winning the League in Fifa 08, I'd say that as far out hypothetical predictions go, we might have a winner. (and hopefully win a few games too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Make of this what you will, but when Lucas came on and indicated for Gerrard to go right, he shook his head.

Mike.

Rafa is the manager and if he thinks Lucas in the middle and Gerrard on right will cause more trouble then Gerrard and Carragher shaking there heads is out of order, this will be all over the papers and questions will be asked about this incident.

Forget about Rafa going, maybe its time Gerrard and Carragher where on there bike. Its not the first time something like this has happened with the team and Gerrard having a moan, he really does believe his own hype and that i blame on liverpool fans.

• Advertisement

Barlow07 wrote: »
    Forget about Rafa going, maybe its time Gerrard and Carragher where on there bike. Its not the first time something like this has happened with the team and Gerrard having a moan, he really does believe his own hype and that i blame on liverpool fans.
    Now here is a man talking ****ing sense. Infact, **** Gerrard and his ****ing ego. Step no.1 for Rafa is stripping him of the captaincy. ****. Do what you are ****ing told for the good of the club. Be happy to play in whatever position you are put. Twat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement